We will have to roll back

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

Thank-you, ANet folks, for keeping us updated on this! Sure, I didn’t get to play at all yesterday after work, but I was able to log in this morning and completed the PvE Dailies in 15 minutes before rushing off to work, so it all worked out in the end. I am glad that I play in the evenings on week days, as that means I wasn’t affected by this bug beyond not being able to play for a day while the issue was fixed. This is the first big server closure to occur in all the time I’ve played this game, so I can’t complain.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Sorry for all the people that lost time and stuff from the rollback. As a long time Diablo 2 player, where rollbacks of even a single game session can suck, I feel your pain.

Posted by: Otoshigami.1083

Otoshigami.1083

Okay,to everyone who wrote something like “getting to play the game again is the compensation”. I have very limited time to play GW2. After work I can only find about 2 hours to play this game. And yesterday was the first time a miniature popped out from my Black Lion Chest. I was really happy. I invested time to make progress in this game and got an item I really wanted. But then rollback came and erased my whole progress I’ve made yesterday. Miniature, these two hours I could do something entirely else, everything. And you dare to say that “getting to play the game is the compensation”. Yes, this game is really fun, but getting to play the game is something that should be normal, not any additional compensation. To be honest I feel that ANet should at least give a token of apology. Almost every MMO does that.

Posted by: Alaoglu.4637

Alaoglu.4637

Okay,to everyone who wrote something like “getting to play the game again is the compensation”. I have very limited time to play GW2. After work I can only find about 2 hours to play this game. And yesterday was the first time a miniature popped out from my Black Lion Chest. I was really happy. I invested time to make progress in this game and got an item I really wanted. But then rollback came and erased my whole progress I’ve made yesterday. Miniature, these two hours I could do something entirely else, everything. And you dare to say that “getting to play the game is the compensation”. Yes, this game is really fun, but getting to play the game is something that should be normal, not any additional compensation. To be honest I feel that ANet should at least give a token of apology. Almost every MMO does that.

i guess you should spam support so they will see a lot of people are disapointed

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

And this is why daily tasks are bad…. Anet… please… make them into weeklies :/

I like my 2g each day, not 2g a week kthx..

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Otoshigami.1083

Otoshigami.1083

Alaoglu, I’ve already sent my request to the support, because I think that this is a real issue. To everyone who thinks that compensation is not needed: you should value your time more

Posted by: Mamma il Dio.2074

Mamma il Dio.2074

This is an update to the situation where soulbound items have been incorrectly soulbound to the wrong characters. After further investigation we’ve determined that there is damage to almost all character records that were played this morning, not just to those who transferred soulbound items to or from a bank. To repair the damage, we will have to roll back the state of the game and characters to prior to this morning’s release.

No one wants to lose a play session’s progress. We apologize for this. I’m sure you’ll also have questions about exactly what a rollback means to you. The general answer is that everything about the game state, including things like trading post transactions, will be restored to how it was prior to this morning’s release. The only unusual case will be that if you purchased the game or purchased gems this morning, you’ll still get your purchase.

The process of rolling back and then validating everything to bring the game back up will take hours. We’ll keep you updated. There will be a period of time when these forums will be unavailable, but we’ll post updates through other channels.

Mo

Thanks for the great job! Was really appreciated by everyone.

Now I know it’s wrong the post it here but please, can you put back in the BLTC the Wreath of Cooperation? I have a friend who desperately needs it! ^^

Thanks in advance!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Alaoglu, I’ve already sent my request to the support, because I think that this is a real issue. To everyone who thinks that compensation is not needed: you should value your time more

I value my time plenty by appreciating that I get to play this game for free (buy to play) and that the game is working 99.5% of the time. Anet already said that they will replace important items that were earned during the 2 hour period; all you have to do is contact support, which you’ve already done. Anet agreeing to replace those items is more than enough “compensation”. And I still feel that being able to continue playing the game is also good enough as far as compensation goes.

Posted by: Keyls.9386

Keyls.9386

I’m very disapointed because I have completed the achievement “Smash The Dragon” on Tuesday 23 august at 18:12 (CEST – Paris Time). I hope the support can help me to bring back this succes.

Please, don’t let your players in this state because it’s not our fault.

Best regards,

(edited by Keyls.9386)

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

I cant log in to my desolation account, but I can log to my far shiverpeaks account. It crashes after Character selection. I will send support ticket tommorow if this isnt fixed, hopefully some other people have the same issue.

The account I am posting this message with, is the one with the issue in question.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

Posted by: Alaoglu.4637

Alaoglu.4637

i try english support now, french one was just ignoring me, linking me forum and not reading my post at all

Posted by: Corvinus.8634

Corvinus.8634

Took exactly 2 days break from the game… felt a bit bad about it. Now I feel very happy I did lol, worked out well as it would’ve been a waste.

Posted by: Kris.3176

Kris.3176

I cant log in to my desolation account, but I can log to my far shiverpeaks account. It crashes after Character selection. I will send support ticket tommorow if this isnt fixed, hopefully some other people have the same issue.

The account I am posting this message with, is the one with the issue in question.

same here, It crashes after Character selection, hope can fix it as soon as possible =_="

Posted by: Balkarrie Legacy.9175

Balkarrie Legacy.9175

Far too much stuff in this game is account bound or soul bound , and all of it needlessly . What possible need is there to account bind airship oil , or dragonite ingots ? NONE.
Revert back to the GW1 format, you either used it , in which case it was account bound but you could at least salvage it , or you could sell it. Then all this rollback nonsense wouldn`t have been needed would it.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

same here, It crashes after Character selection, hope can fix it as soon as possible =_="

i experienced almost the same problem. after selecting a character it went white screen with network problem message. try repairing the client. it did the trick for me.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Turtleship.6825

Turtleship.6825

I spent for 3 hours to clear living2 achivements.
But, it was rollback.
I tried it again for 2 hours, but failed. Due to long instants, my armor was broken. I had to quit it. Where’s my 5hours?