Weapon Dye

Weapon Dye

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

So wouldn’t being able to dye your weapon be a great idea?

Bad Elementalist

Weapon Dye

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

What about an expansion, mounts or houses? I think you forgot to mention those.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Weapon Dye

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

What about an expansion, mounts or houses? I think you forgot to mention those.

Capes.

Weapon Dye

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

. .

lol guess its been mentioned. Maybe gw2 will be the game I expect it to be a year from now.

Bad Elementalist

Weapon Dye

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

I played some games with weapon dyes…and watching ppl running around with pink swords and bright colours just makes me go on a different channel if the feature is available…
Maybe to be able to choose from 3-4 tints derived from the original colour would be nice,to be able to choose a steel look….or rusty….idk…stuff like that.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Weapon Dye

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

New weapons yes , dyes for weapons no.

Weapon Dye

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I never saw the point in weapon she’s in GW1. I nor anyone I knew dyed there weapons in GW 1. So that might be why they left it out of GW2.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Weapon Dye

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I want this for my Chaos Axe so badly. It was one of my favorite weapons in gw1, and idk, it seems like all previous skins from gw1 that have been ‘enchanced’ and brought to gw2 have came out much worse looking imo.

Chaos axe, Primeval/Profane Armor, Fellblade to name a few.

But probably are way bigger priorities than this to most people which is understandable.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Weapon Dye

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

. .

lol guess its been mentioned. Maybe gw2 will be the game I expect it to be a year from now.

Yes it has. It’s brought up at least once a week or more along with expansion packs, housing/guild halls, mounts and capes.

As for the game may being what you expect in a year don’t hold your breath. We all have what we personally want the game to be now or in the future. Some want the LS to be drop and have Anet only focus on expansion packs, some want GW2 to become a 100% clone of WoW and some don’t care what the game becomes as long as Anet adds everything they personally want and when Anet doesn’t do this they take to these forums and express their opinion that this is proof why the game is “dead”.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Weapon Dye

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I like the idea of being able to dye weapons.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Weapon Dye

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I never saw the point in weapon she’s in GW1. I nor anyone I knew dyed there weapons in GW 1. So that might be why they left it out of GW2.

When it was added in CoH, it was used a LOT. It helped to make some pretty cool looks, too. Can you imagine a black Bifrost?

But… some of the weapons in GW2 are just recolored versions of easier to obtain weapons. Given that, I don’t think we’ll see weapon dyes in this game.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Weapon Dye

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

GW1 had weapon dyes and it wasn’t too bad because the colours were reasonably controlled. I’m not sure it would work in GW2, and I’m quite sure it would be a mammoth task for them to go back and retroactively add it to every weapon. Not gunna happen.

Weapon Dye

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Would be cool, if there was a practical way of implementing it, not a fan of all the pink weapons myself, but the effects are nice.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Weapon Dye

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I already changed colors on my wep..

As for “pink” weapons everyone seems to dislike including myself here is the one thing; we already have troll pink weapons that shoots unicorns and other troll “legendaries” so it doesnt change much anyway

Attachments:

Weapon Dye

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Would be cool, if there was a practical way of implementing it, not a fan of all the pink weapons myself, but the effects are nice.

I played some games with weapon dyes…and watching ppl running around with pink swords and bright colours just makes me go on a different channel if the feature is available…
Maybe to be able to choose from 3-4 tints derived from the original colour would be nice,to be able to choose a steel look….or rusty….idk…stuff like that.

Who are you to dictate what other players should dye their equipment as? Exactly, nobody. So what if it ‘looks ridiculous’? It’s entirely subjective. Next you’ll be saying that if they made weapons able to be dyed, the only color they should be allowed to use is black.

As others have said already though, they likely wont add the option because it would take too much work. It is something that should have been made available prior to release. Shame on them for not having it at release. For them to go back and recode all the weapons in the game so that they can be dyed would, most likely and unfortunately, cost ArenaNet too much. I don’t think they can afford to and don’t have the manning or capability for it.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!