Weapon Dyes.

Weapon Dyes.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GrimsSybrog.6271

GrimsSybrog.6271

Please allow us to dye our weapons. This was an amazing feature in Guild Wars1 and it allowed us to customize ourselves even further without changing armor or weapons. Now when I say dye our weapons I don’t mean ALL weapons. (Legendary) There were a few in Guild Wars1 that you couldn’t dye (green weapons) and that was fine. Just add a little feature such as this, and it would add so much customization to Guild Wars 2 and make it that much better.

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Agreed, really miss this feature. Many weapons don’t fit anywhere because of this. Even recent hero weapons, those are good skins mostly, but they don’t exactly fit on any of my toons and they won’t, they’re so shiny, but if i could dye them…

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I’d like to add my vote for this too. Having dyable weapons means you can customize ALL of your character’s appearance, not just some of it.

Also, as we occasionally get new hair and eye colours in the make over kits, please can I request white eyes for humans. My main character has a very white theme and having the ability to dye weapons and change eyes to white will make me very happy.

At the end of the day, the more customization options we have the happier many players will be.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Even if we could choose the metal color, it would help a lot.

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

I’m on board with this. I miss my Diamond Aegis being dyed black!

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Weapon Dyes.

GrimsSybrog.6271

So much positive feedback! Wonderful! I hope a dev can get on board and get this implemented.

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I would love this too. It would increase options for armor/weapon getups.

inB4someonedisagreesfornoreason

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Adding my support to this idea, I want to change the gold colour on my incinerators to silver, make it happen, thanks in advance.

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

We’ve been asking for this since the beginning.
At this point, it’s most likely not happening.

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Exactly and here’s why Anet won’t tell you in a post, if players are more satisfied with weapons there will be less scrap ticket hunts trough key purchase, need we say more it’s all about what goes into their pockets.

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: asterix.9614

asterix.9614

That would be a big money making source for anet I used to play mmo that had customisable weapon skin where the colour would be randomly chosen after cash purchase, the number of time and money I spent on weapon colour alone is phenomenal, because of my humongous vanity and never being able to decide on a favourite colour…….

I am playing that game where the floor is made out of lava, imma stuck in bed

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Exactly and here’s why Anet won’t tell you in a post, if players are more satisfied with weapons there will be less scrap ticket hunts trough key purchase, need we say more it’s all about what goes into their pockets.

I doubt it. There’s probably more technical and art reasons why it hasn’t happened yet.

Or, to carry on with the gemstore paranoia, they haven’t come up with a Weapon Dye Kit! that they’re happy with.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Weapon Dyes.

GrimsSybrog.6271

Even a weapon dye kit would be worth it.

I doubt it. There’s probably more technical and art reasons why it hasn’t happened yet.

Or, to carry on with the gemstore paranoia, they haven’t come up with a Weapon Dye Kit! that they’re happy with.

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Even a weapon dye kit would be worth it.

In theory, yeah. The practice may be way off, though.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

This would be a welcomed change and I can’t imagine how they could screw this up.

Realistically it’d be a gemstore only item because we all know how bad this game needs gold sinks.

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: funkylovemonkey.3097

funkylovemonkey.3097

I would like to see dyeable weapons as well. And dyeable back items, also, at least some of them. It’s frustrating that things like quivers are stuck in the default brown, for instance.

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

I doubt this will happen, then people would be asking for dyeable backpieces and particle effects, and like the blade backpiece, is in 3 colors, so making it dyeable would make there be no point in having 3 of em.

though generic weapons would be cool, as long as the blades have to stay the steel-ish, color. People running around with purple/green/pink blades and the like on a generic sword would be weird

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: Iluvatar.6814

Iluvatar.6814

I doubt this will happen, then people would be asking for dyeable backpieces and particle effects, and like the blade backpiece, is in 3 colors, so making it dyeable would make there be no point in having 3 of em.

though generic weapons would be cool, as long as the blades have to stay the steel-ish, color. People running around with purple/green/pink blades and the like on a generic sword would be weird

Well, you’d be free not to use it if you didn’t want to =P I agree with everyone else, though! Would love to see this happen!

Weapon Dyes.

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

we should be able to dye the particles those weapons let off as well!