Weapon Master Achieve 1K kills in 10mins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mikei The Mighty.8690

Mikei The Mighty.8690

During a personal story, i noticed a handy way to get a lot of kills on a particular weapon, I managed over 1000kills in 10 minutes!!

Admittedly it does come in Orr so would require a char without the Personal story completed, but it is very handy to breeze through many tough weps like shields, or foci

Hope this is of some help to people

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

This only works for the weapons which are easy enough to do the normal way.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t think Shield is very easy to do the ‘normal’ way, and this video shows a very fast way to achieve the Shield Master achievement.

Thank you for the heads-up! =)

Malediktus.3740

I don’t think Shield is very easy to do the ‘normal’ way, and this video shows a very fast way to achieve the Shield Master achievement.

Considering the long recharge time of shield skills there are several equally fast places. You dont need instant respawns if the recharge with traits is 24seconds.

The best and easiest way to do the weapon skill achievements is still the ascalon fractal. Go right after spawn. Instantly respawning opponents which die in one hit. No need to find some personal story mission for it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, that sounds fine, as well. Never been to that fractal, as I have only been in one or two. PS is more my speed.

Interesting information is always welcome. Again, thanks, OP. =)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Considering the long recharge time of shield skills there are several equally fast places. You dont need instant respawns if the recharge with traits is 24seconds.

The best and easiest way to do the weapon skill achievements is still the ascalon fractal. Go right after spawn. Instantly respawning opponents which die in one hit. No need to find some personal story mission for it.

Where are these one hit kills in this fractal? Are they before the gate you have to break through?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Malediktus.3740

Go right after you come out of the tent you spawn in. Veterans which die in one hit and respawn instantly there.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

30 accounts…. Malediktus you madman

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Malediktus.3740

True. Hopefully it pays off and Anet doesnt nerf daily login rewards again

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Go right after you come out of the tent you spawn in. Veterans which die in one hit and respawn instantly there.

Thanks for the information. I’ll take my shield and torch there and work on it.

(And I thought I was crazy to have 2 alt accounts to get the login rewards)

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Thanks for posting this! I will def try it, and I’m sure it will come in handy to lots of other people

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

True. Hopefully it pays off and Anet doesnt nerf daily login rewards again

Again? :O When and how did they nerf it?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The only problem is that the NPC’s can one-shot them too so you’re stuck running around trying to beat them to it. Still, it’s a nice alternative if you don’t have access to the Vigil mission.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Mikei The Mighty.8690

Mikei The Mighty.8690

This only works for the weapons which are easy enough to do the normal way.

There is also a mission for the sylvari involving the mirror where u get teleported to Orr which also allows a similar ability to cleave lots of spiders. Will try and upload a video some time in the future.

Also u can do this on other weapons which aren’t easy enough the usual way. For me i’ve only got Greatsword and Staff to Max, and only got the sword to max because it counted arcane skill kills on the elementalist. But for shield, focus, Warhorn, etc (generally off hand weps) this is a viable method.

Posted by: Nick.7259

Nick.7259

The good old rat-stream in the vigil Forewarned is Forearmed personal story also gives easy kills. It’s been in the game since the start and Anet hasn’t nerfed so I don’t think they will nerf those spiders either…

Since the rats are Environment creatures not even doing damage to you I have just put on a movie to watch will pressing the skills to kill rats :-)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The good old rat-stream in the vigil Forewarned is Forearmed personal story also gives easy kills. It’s been in the game since the start and Anet hasn’t nerfed so I don’t think they will nerf those spiders either…

Since the rats are Environment creatures not even doing damage to you I have just put on a movie to watch will pressing the skills to kill rats :-)

Do the rats keep spawning indefinitely like this one, though? Its been quite a while since I did that mission, but I seem to remember just one group of them. A fairly large group, mind you, but that still means you have to restart the mission over and over again to build your kills, which wastes time. I may be remembering wrong though.