Weapon and Armor skins the good and the bad

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

Hi all , Lets discuss weapon sets and armor sets in here.

First of all. I noticed that most weapon sets which are added (if not all) are Black Lion Scrap Grind related.

Why is this good and why is this bad.

The Good:
Makes players use the gemstore and support the developers
Skins look amazing.

The Bad:

Only able to obtain by using the gem store or black lion keys with luck involved and you barely get any drops off these keys.

this is not a rant topic. But I feel weapon skins should be also obtainable in the game by doing certain things , killing certain boss mobs as rare loot ect.

the way its now is plainly said a grind and people dont like it.

what are you’re thoughts on this matter?

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Hmm, a lot of the weapon skins were available at one time or another. Limiting them to the black lion chest now encourages 2 things. Key farming through the creation, leveling to 10, deletion of characters or purchases. Naturally Anet would prefer it if players bought keys but key farming is not against the TOS as players still have to invest time into the process.

Certainly some skins should be brought back. For example, the Molten boss fractal should have a chance at dropping fused skins. Makes sense as that was where they were introduced.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

They are there the champ skins krama skins a set of dungeon skin and fractal skins in fact most of them are obtainable though a set quest. The other skins are gold skins that any one can do any thing they want in the game to “buy” these skins.

The gem store is nothing more then another TP system that becomes a gold sink for the game.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA