Weapon art contest question...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hylox.9746

Hylox.9746

does it have to be digital art, or can it be hand drawn and scanned? cuz i suck at digital art. also does it have to be a whole set of weapons, or can it be only one or a few. some of my work can be found https://www.dropbox.com/s/sv1dmqel6mrfo9h/rcv1%20v0.54b%20FBC%20missing%20animation%20fix.exe?dl=0 this is a game i’m in the process of making and i hand drew all the enemies, then used my scanner and imported the pictures. FBC stands for final boss challenge that let’s you fight the final boss, take note of his sword if you decide to play it. i specialize in bladed weapons [swords, greatswords, daggers] but like i said i suck at digital art. i have drawn a lot of bladed weapons over the years and they are just collecting dust, it would be nice if i could use them for something

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The rules and guidelines are included in the zip file available from the contest entry page.

The Burninator

Posted by: michelada.2947

michelada.2947

which contest? :O

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Posted by: Compass.9621

Compass.9621

Again, only “open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia), Canada (excluding Quebec), Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary,
Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom, who are at least eighteen (18) years or age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, at the time of entry. Void in Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. territories and possessions, Quebec and any jurisdiction not listed above and
where prohibited by law.”

Just wondering, may i know the restrictions or prohibitions on other countries that are not listed but have active GW2 players?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Just wondering, may i know the restrictions or prohibitions on other countries that are not listed but have active GW2 players?

You mean the laws that prevent the contest from being valid there? You might need to do some legal research locally to figure that out.

Or if you mean “can anyone from an unlisted country enter?” the answer is no, in what you quoted it says valid only in the listed places.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Generally speaking, the lawyers figure out which countries they can negotiate contracts in and defend ANet’s legal rights. For example, Marnsburg might encourage intellectual property theft and miss the list, while Bahkan’s laws might be so over-the-top protective of contestants that it makes it too risky to offer a contest there.

(The last is why Quebec is often an exception to Canadian eligibility.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Generally speaking, the lawyers figure out which countries they can negotiate contracts in and defend ANet’s legal rights. For example, Marnsburg might encourage intellectual property theft and miss the list, while Bahkan’s laws might be so over-the-top protective of contestants that it makes it too risky to offer a contest there.

(The last is why Quebec is often an exception to Canadian eligibility.)

thanks for posting this . I found this most interesting and must say honestly I am jealous Quebec is so very lucky . now if they only had warm year round weather :P

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

also does it have to be a whole set of weapons, or can it be only one or a few.

I was wondering about that too. One weapon or a whole set?

Posted by: EvilDead.6375

EvilDead.6375

ok, so.. i just got done reading the contest rules, and looking over the requirements. Does any one else find it funny that, in a WEAPON design contest, you CANNOT design a WEAPON that…

wait for it….

promotes the use of FIREARMS/WEAPONS???

how does this clause NOT disqualify every. single. submission?

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

MidnightX, It’s one weapon , two or three (can be unique or linked between they like a set)… I have made a full set of weapons and must keep only three..

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hey all,

Questions about the Design-A-Weapon contest can be posted in this thread. This will allow us to consolidate all questions and get you the information that you seek.

Thanks for posting your questions or comments in that thread.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet