Weapon dyes ?

Weapon dyes ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Revengeance.8956

Revengeance.8956

I’ve been wondering, how come there’s the option to change the color on your armor sets (which is great) and nothing like that for weapons ?

I understand some of them might be too complex for that, but many of them aren’t and there are a lot like that which have ok, good or even great models but I feel like I don’t want to use their skin due to color preference and incompatibility with my armor color choice or my personal preference.

Anyone else feeling the same ?

Weapon dyes ?

Posted by: White Devil.3176

White Devil.3176

Yes, agreed fully. Need this and more dye channels for armour. More customisation always better. Let me paint my gear all different colours and tones please.

Weapon dyes ?

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

If nothing else, I’d love the option to change the glow/flame effects on weapons a bit. If we could change all of the fiery weapons to the patented Guardian blue fire, a lot more looks would open up.

Weapon dyes ?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

One of the things I most miss from the original game that should have been in this one.

The whole chaos weapon set was just so “what’s the point?” when you couldn’t dye them like you could with the axe.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Chaos_Axe

I can only assume it was a feature that was never completed in time for launch and was left to waste away in the infinite “to do” pile.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Weapon dyes ?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

This came up as a thread last night. Ill repost what I put in tHat one.

If the weapons werent designed with dyes in mind, adding the ability to dye them now would be a huge task given the number of skins and trying to work out on each which bits are dyable. Plus many skins have existing colour variations, such as Ascended, Tequatl and a few others.

Its a nice idea and has been suggested pretty much since launch, but it is unfeasible given the time and resources required and subsequently development of future content which would suffer as a result.

Weapon dyes ?

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Guild Wars 1 used to officially use Texmod to color anything form weapons to an entire town if you so desired. The catch was only you could see it, or friends if they ran your mod. Imagine LA with a Happy Birthday or Wedding banner.

When GW2 was released the questions about Txtmod was brought up a few times with no reply from Anet.

Texmod was fantastic for us creative types and sorely missed.

Anet (GW1):
“As a general rule of thumb, we don’t mind if you do things like this to make your own playing experience more fun.”
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_modifying_in-game_graphics/Texmod#ArenaNet