Weapon skills

Weapon skills

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I feel like this is something that GW2 could have handled better, but I’m curious what other people think – should we have customizable weapon skills?

Weapon skills

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I feel like this is something that GW2 could have handled better, but I’m curious what other people think – should we have customizable weapon skills?

Do you mean reordering them on the skill bar? You can accomplish that via key mapping, I believe.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Weapon skills

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Guess he mean like any other mmo, having weapons not linked to specific skills.

Weapon skills

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Yeah, I more mean having, for example, more than 5 weapon skills available for a given weapon and being able to swap them around, exactly like how utility skills work.

Apart from my view that more customizability is always better, it would also allow for us to define our own roles for weapons. You could have warrior’s sword, for example, be either power or condition focused depending on your skill setup.

Weapon skills

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

To me is fine ( less customization leads to “more balance”. Or at least prevents a loss of balance ).

I would like that weapons could be really a choice.
You know i guess about MOBAs.

It is frequent that sometimes the developers buff and debuff, changing the meta.
Here in gw2 is not “that frequent”.
And also is full of weapons which are really not a choice, compared to others.

They could do a good job changing the meta every X months, simply by changing ( not slightly adjusting ) skills.