Weapon skins

Weapon skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheBlueI.3486

TheBlueI.3486

Why are so many Weapon skins so huge?

Almost all maces are bigger than the head of my norn. Greatswords look like surfboards…

I would like to see a few more sophisticated designs.

Weapon skins

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Because big is better, big is good. Honestly, I wish they had bigger/longer blades on the daggers like the Verdant ones (Sylvari dagger).

Weapon skins

Posted by: Cushnahan.7058

Cushnahan.7058

ANYTHING is bigger than a norn’s head. (That’s for males)

As for the weapon skins:
I wish there were more epic Dagger skins as well.

I wish that the Wintersday event skins were prettier. They are pretty plain and ugly if you ask me.

Weapon skins

TheBlueI.3486

I wish that the Wintersday event skins were prettier. They are pretty plain and ugly if you ask me.

The bell focus:D.

Weapon skins

Posted by: Cushnahan.7058

Cushnahan.7058

Bell focus is for girls. :P

I meant those hideous woody Gem-Store things. They are incredibly ugly aint they. And the rest is just plain.

The only one I liked is the princess’ wand. >:

Weapon skins

Posted by: LaughingLoser.9806

LaughingLoser.9806

I gave the princess wand to my Male Necro because it’s funny.

Side note, I like the big size on my Asuran guard. Wish it were norn sized for her… though probably again because it amuses me.

Weapon skins

Posted by: Tristavel.9218

Tristavel.9218

I’m with the OP on this issue; especially many of greatsword skins are unbelievably goofy looking, bad cosplay level stuff…

…but well, I learned long since that majority of CRPG players (MMO or else) love absurdly oversized (glowing… sparking… flaming… leaving pinkish starry trails…) weapons.

This said, while I don’t know about maces, there are some good greatsword skins; Aureate swords, Ebonblade (personal favorite, better than legendaries IMO), Khrysaor, Skybringer, Ascalonian (Ghastly) sword all seem suitable for those looking for more elegant/believable look. We could use more like them, that’s for sure.

Weapon skins

TheBlueI.3486

This said, while I don’t know about maces, there are some good greatsword skins; Aureate swords, Ebonblade (personal favorite, better than legendaries IMO), Khrysaor, Skybringer, Ascalonian (Ghastly) sword all seem suitable for those looking for more elegant/believable look. We could use more like them, that’s for sure.

Thanks for the weapon names. That is what I’m looking for.

Weapon skins

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I meant those hideous woody Gem-Store things. They are incredibly ugly aint they. And the rest is just plain.

They have cool ice and snowflake particle effects that you don’t see in the previews. I like them.

[SFD] – Maguuma