Weapon skins

Weapon skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

Does anyone else wonder why you can’t dye weapons? I really don’t understand why we can dye armors without weapons. I care about how my character looks but I seem to have to run blue because my favorite weapon skin happens to be blue & silver. I know this seems petty but most MMO’s I know have this feature if I remember correctly. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

NeverWinter, Vindictus and I think Guild Wars 1 for starters since people have been asking for a list

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

(edited by Corpse Flakes.5369)

Weapon skins

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

What mmo lets you dye weapons

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Weapon skins

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

The dye would flake off pretty fast in a fight.

PS. I just realised what I did.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

(edited by Lindbur.2537)

Weapon skins

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Does anyone else wonder why you can’t dye weapons? I really don’t understand why we can dye armors without weapons. I care about how my character looks but I seem to have to run blue because my favorite weapon skin happens to be blue & silver. I know this seems petty but most MMO’s have this feature if I remember correctly. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

A name or two, please?

I ? Karkas.

Weapon skins

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Guild Wars 1 xD

Weapon skins

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I think it would be a nice addition to be able to dye weapons, because then it’d be easier to match them with the character’s clothes.

My main character is in purple/blue/silver tints, while the hilt of her sword is a goldish brown, which just doesn’t match. I do like the overall design of the sword and I won’t change it for just the colour, but I do think it’d be a nice addition.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Weapon skins

Corpse Flakes.5369

Neverwinter, Vindictus, and GW1 IIRC for a start.

-BelieveGate-

Weapon skins

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

dye weapons and “effects”, it saddens me that some really awesome armor/weapon effects color cant be changed at will, it would be cool and would add a lot of diversity

I’m looking at you Zodiac armor!

Weapon skins

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

We can’t dye weapons, back items or aquabreathers (even though item preview clearly shows that the breathers DO have dye channels) for the same reason that the Apollo spacecraft that went to the moon prior to Apollo 14 all had Square CO2 filters in the command module and round ones in the LEM…

They said back in the beta forums basically that the weapons were somehow designed differently from the armor, and in such a way that they were not able to add dye channels to them at that time, and that they were “looking into it as something that could be done after launch” love this…wish i could necro that response from the beta forums, but then again, the people running the show don’t appear to be the same as those who made it.

As I mentioned, some items…only aquabreathers that i know of 100%, but it’s there.. have dye channels, and have since launch, but the UI for them has never been added

Also: if I could dye my weapons, then I wouldn’t have to grind 2 sets of ascended weapons for a few characters (white/gold on healing?) to get nice skins without stats wasted on the characters who carry them. It would also mean i could get rid of the kitten -brown color off the otherwise quite pretty blue sets (stats still wasted, but just saying) and put white or something similar.

Weapon skins

Corpse Flakes.5369

We can’t dye weapons, back items or aquabreathers (even though item preview clearly shows that the breathers DO have dye channels) for the same reason that the Apollo spacecraft that went to the moon prior to Apollo 14 all had Square CO2 filters in the command module and round ones in the LEM…

They said back in the beta forums basically that the weapons were somehow designed differently from the armor, and in such a way that they were not able to add dye channels to them at that time, and that they were “looking into it as something that could be done after launch” love this…wish i could necro that response from the beta forums, but then again, the people running the show don’t appear to be the same as those who made it.

As I mentioned, some items…only aquabreathers that i know of 100%, but it’s there.. have dye channels, and have since launch, but the UI for them has never been added

Also: if I could dye my weapons, then I wouldn’t have to grind 2 sets of ascended weapons for a few characters (white/gold on healing?) to get nice skins without stats wasted on the characters who carry them. It would also mean i could get rid of the kitten -brown color off the otherwise quite pretty blue sets (stats still wasted, but just saying) and put white or something similar.

Yeah, I have a fractal sword, it’s my favorite item in the game but I’m not a fan of the color blue. But considering how nice the sword is compared to any other sword I run blue/white dyes on my armor. If I could have a red fractal sword I would be so happy. I’m just afraid of what will happen when I finish my incinerator.

-BelieveGate-

Weapon skins

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

dye weapons and “effects”, it saddens me that some really awesome armor/weapon effects color cant be changed at will, it would be cool and would add a lot of diversity

I’m looking at you Zodiac armor!

I’m actually still curious if they will add a “normal skin” version of those sets, because that actually would likely get me to open my wallet again so long as that and minimum ESRB cover-ups on females were all they changed

But yes, the non-star areas of that armor dye so beautifully, but you are kinda pigeon holed into things that match with the blue, and the lack of dyable weapons to match the current color regardless could also be made to vanish by making the blue something that can be changed.

In before: Zodiac weapons? Sorry, I am not spending the cost worth of precourser weapons on those skins, or many, many hundreds of dollars it would take in black lion keys to get more than a couple weapons worth of claim tickets. OR the many, many hundreds of hours worth to farm the keys for the same thing… which, by the way, the armor was inspired by the weapons, but the blues don’t match, the armor doesn’t have the shiny stars, and indeed, all the armor dye channels are far, far too large and/or shaped wrong to make an actual “match” to the zodiac weapon skins.