Weapons and Armor to earn in game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Meiko Isamura.6352

Meiko Isamura.6352

Hi Anet,

I am a long time player of GW, both GW1 and now GW2. If it is possible could you please put more weapons and armor to be earned in game. It is great to have these things in game to work towards and I would be more inclined to purchase gems more often if this was the focus. Chaos gloves and the tormented weapon set are examples of things that players in GW1 had to earn through elite zone play or save up for in game. I would have liked to have earned them again in game. The open world that was released at launch has so much content to add things to. I would very much enjoy earning new things in game, whether in existing or newly created zones or events than purchasing them through gems! I hope there are creative ways you could add things into our existing zones. I hope that you will make this small change and find creative ways to add things in game, and that there are other players that feel the same way.

Thank you for all the work you do and for the great game you all make!
Take care!

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

The problem is that all lvl 80 gear have the exact same stats (in power) and once you get full exotic gear with the most commonly used zerker stats there is little to motivate you to get other gear besides ascended quality gear.

Skins? Lets take dungeons for example. There are 8 dungeons in the game, each having 19 weapon skins and 18 armor pieces.

and now heres the thing. There are plenty of weapons and armor out there to “work on”. However usually people go for the cheapest, shortest and most efficient way to get the gear with stats that they wish to obtain.

Here is an example. People can play citadel of flames dungeon ,all 3 path within 30minutes or less, heck some path take literaly minutes to compleate. People can also do a few Crucible of eternity dungeon paths per day to get some of those dungeon tokens. In the end they will buy both CoF and CoE lvl 80 exotic gear with berzerker stats.

You know what they wont do to get zerker stats? Arah dungeon which takes from 30-60minutes per path.

People can also craft their own gear with stats they wish, including ascended armor/weapon with any stats they wish…or they can buy them even cheaper trough the tp with gold.

All that being said there are still tons of skins to go for. Dungeons, fractals, specific head and backpack skins from old living world content (laurels). Guild weapons (3 sets) guild armor, glorious, triumphant armor sets, the dry tops weapons, the silverwaste armors (2 sets). Bladed armor sets, layline armor set, all sorts of hot weapon sets.

They even introduced new gloves,hats,backpacks for each of the new zones recently.

All those require you to do specific tasks in specific zones in order to obtain the skins. Much like the way we obtained the cool rare “skins” from gw1 like the chaos gloves or torment weapons.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

You can also “play how you want” to earn the gold to buy the gems to buy the gem shop stuff. Unlike random/rare drops in-game, that is an assured method of gaining the skins.