Wearing two headgears (face/head) at once?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wuffy.9732

Wuffy.9732

Well, more specifically, facegear and headgear at the same time. I would like to rock some cool sunglasses with my top hat. However unsure if this question has been asked already, but would it be possible to have two headgears on at once?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not with most of the headgear, no. At least, not at this time.

Good luck.

Posted by: Wuffy.9732

Wuffy.9732

Sorry, I was requesting if it could be implemented sometime in the future.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Sorry, I was requesting if it could be implemented sometime in the future.

Almost for sure, this isn’t an option they’d be able to manage anytime soon. They’d have to entirely recode how headgear is applied and redesign every piece of headgear (with more minor changes for gear that wouldn’t have the option, major changes for those that would).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Yeah it would be nice if things like glasses, eye patches, bandannas, etc. were their own equipment slot instead of taking the entire head slot. That would be quite a bit of work on their side though, I wouldn’t keep my hopes up.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They’d have to recode the headpieces and make some for the face and some for the top of the head. They’d also figure need to out how stats are allocated otherwise some headpiece wearers would get twice the stats. Or they’d have to change up the UI so that there is a cosmetic only slot and non cosmetic slot for the head, which causes its own problems as some headpieces can go in the non cosmetic and some in both cosmetic and non cosmetic.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Well it could just be an additional cosmetic slot in addition to the costume, so no stats. The only problem is that some head gear have their own face gear, so they would need a system to decide which takes priority.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

they would need a system to decide which takes priority.

…or not. They could just let you combine any gear you want, even if they clip together. It could allow for new, creative and weird combinations.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Originally, some of the old armor concept arts had both mask and headgear, so I am sure this was their main concept for upper body.
For an example,
Nightmare Court Light armor have both its headgear and a "mesmer" mask both wearable.
I will see if I can find that concept art and upload it here.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

they would need a system to decide which takes priority.

…or not. They could just let you combine any gear you want, even if they clip together. It could allow for new, creative and weird combinations.

I would approve of that, but I know anet will never approve of a system that promotes clipping. I mean, you and I would love it, but the forum will propably be lit on fire by people whose feelings are hurt when there are clippable options