Wedding Attire (no, not about price)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

Okay I love LOVE that the wedding attire is different for each race. Beautiful. Delighted with that. Just one tiny thing … why is my Norn wearing tights with strappy lace-up sandals? Norns don’t wear froofy sandals!

;)

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Even tall buff girls like to wear frilly things.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

bluestocking.6148

But TIGHTS? Come on, I am not a 50 year old church lady wearing hose with open-toed sandals!

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Norns don’t wear froofy sandals!

How dare you tell me what I can and cannot wear!

bluestocking.6148

fite me bro

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

fite me bro

Wilderness level 50, 8am GMT!

Donari.5237

But TIGHTS? Come on, I am not a 50 year old church lady wearing hose with open-toed sandals!

These aren’t mesh nylons, they’re leggings. I’ve done Viking reenactment. You definitely want something wrapping your legs. As they didn’t knit, they cut their hosen on the bias (diagonal to the weave) to get some stretch, and tied off with ribbons or cords.

From http://www.legendsandchronicles.com/ancient-civilizations/the-vikings/viking-clothing/
“On their feet Viking women would wear leather shoes over woolen leggings or stockings.”

That being said, the Wedding Attire version is close enough fitting that you can color it to match your norn’s flesh and claim you have no tights on if you want

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

My vision of Norn weddings had the female wearing Jotun pelts and carrying a club, while chomping on a chunk of Minotaur tallow. That whole frou frou outfit ANet concocted was most offensive to me. It didn’t fit my idea of female Norn wedding fashion at all.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Donari.5237

Except the Norn are based on Vikings and old Norse cultures in their clothing and architecture (with a fantasy twist, of course). Embroidery, beads, knotwork, fine decorations on every available surface (winter was a great time to add to the carvings around doors and such), lots of finery, those cultures didn’t dress sloppy at the higher end. They made good weapons, too. And what they didn’t make themselves they traded for. They even imported silk.

Look at Hoelbrak and see all the decorative detail. I think ANet designed them based on northern cultures, not on barbarians.

You’re thinking of a popular-culture caveman wedding, perhaps?

Posted by: Mikah.4510

Mikah.4510

No one’s gonna comment on the princess dress on the female charr? I think the wedding attire looks pretty smashing on every other race and gender, but… what is this tea party dress and ribbons on a charr? at least the male charr outfit kinda looks like a nice toga thing. Why not do a Romanesque female version?

Posted by: Rogue Sol.1457

Rogue Sol.1457

No one’s gonna comment on the princess dress on the female charr? I think the wedding attire looks pretty smashing on every other race and gender, but… what is this tea party dress and ribbons on a charr? at least the male charr outfit kinda looks like a nice toga thing. Why not do a Romanesque female version?

The female dress made me chuckle a little. You have a fancy looking top, but when you get to the dress bottom it’s like they decided to shred that thing and tried to patch it up, so you get an elegant and somewhat barbaric mix.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The female dress made me chuckle a little. You have a fancy looking top, but when you get to the dress bottom it’s like they decided to shred that thing and tried to patch it up, so you get an elegant and somewhat barbaric mix.

I actually like the skirt part on the female Charr. It’s different and there isn’t a real reason that they would need a human style skirt. You’re right, the styles of the top and the skirt don’t match. The male Charr looks much better.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.