Wedding Outfit Data-mined!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

Still waiting for the butterfly wings that EU have and we(NA) DON’T. But yeah, I think I’ll buy that outfit…

Wait…. they have them and we don’t? ;_;

Wait, we do? Huh. I’ve not seen them.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

MUST HAVE! Especially as I’m getting married IRL quite soon! And – good job on charr A-Net!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

People are immediately calling out the Charr in dresses being weird, but the interesting thing about it is that the male costume is also the most similar to the female costume on Charr as well. The male one just has a toga-ish chest and neckpiece. Hell they might be wearing the same kitten thing but the men are just wearing an over-robe on top instead of the side pieces for the leggings. They actually did a decent job making something that fits the formal/primitive line to look charr appropriate, and it’s not like the female one is uncharacteristically over the top frilly.

The asura ones are really nice actually.

The syvari ones do look horrendously flat and plain. I hope they’re going to be adding a glow channel to them. But with a glow channel they might look great in dim lighting like the TA clothes do.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I hope that is actually the incomplete version for sylvari. It looks like someone forgot the textures.

Yeah especially the sylvari male. Hideous! Though many armors and outfits for males don’t look good, so I must say I’m not surprised :-/

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

The female asura looks so precious in that dress…

preview of my Asura + all Celestial dyes: http://imgur.com/jZ73WzF

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

(edited by Kolisch.4691)

Zaoda.1653

I like the crown, shoulders, chest and gloves on the male human, don’t really like the legs and boots though.

Female asura looks the best out of all of them in my opinion. Very wedding-like.

Male norn looks alright, but I can’t help but think he looks more dressed for winter, than a wedding.

Would love to see what the asura male looks like with crown instead of whatever it is that’s on his head.

The rest are meh.

Wish I could have that crown on males as a separate helmet skin. My warrior would look very dapper with it.

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

The Asura ones are lovely.

Seeing as the current likely wedding couple is going to be Kasmeer and Marjory…which one of them is going to wear the male outfit?

Do not speak of Kasmeer… Marjory is mine. MINE.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Zaoda.1653

Seeing as the current likely wedding couple is going to be Kasmeer and Marjory…which one of them is going to wear the male outfit?

Sorry but that just sounds really ignorant. What makes you think one of them has to wear the male outfit? I know we live in a heteronormative society, but just because it’s 2 females doesn’t mean one has to be the ‘man’ in the relationship. Maybe they both want to wear dresses?

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

I want this outfit. It looks amazing on norn.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Butt cape on human female, again? Still, looks good enough on some others.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Do not speak of Kasmeer… Marjory is mine. MINE.

I bet Kasmeer has a skill called “Illusion of Marjory”. It would come in handy for various purposes including distracting people like you.

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

I love this outfit, I hope we get more of these when it comes to more casual attire to fit each race!

It reminds me of the Chef outfit and the Scholar one we used to have in beta. It’s sad to see the Scholar one disappear and now we only see NPCs wear it.

I hope that one day they add the outfits the NPCs wear as civil outfits, and each race has their own for about 3-5 outfits, depending how many there are.

Posted by: Stariella.8046

Stariella.8046

Rockin. Actually my soon to be hubby and I met at SB in the game 2 years ago! I moved from New Zealand to the USA to be with him! Pretty rockin. our guild kept giving us grief about having some silly celebration on guild mission night after we get married. They are all over it now! HAHA.

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Only because its white doesnt mean its a wedding dress…

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Only because its white doesnt mean its a wedding dress…

ANet named it Wedding Attire, and they should know.
Chat code. [&DBoAAAA=] Wedding Attire

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

The female charr one look a like a housewife apron and the sylvari ones haven’t got enough detail at all lol

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Shaman.2034

Shaman.2034

I really hope the male charr version of this outfit will let us hide the rolled-up towel on their left shoulder… or remove it entirely. But I’d prefer the option to hide it so that players who like it can continue to wear it. That towel thing clips with any back-stowed weapon you equip… Please let us hide the shoulders!

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I love the female asura one.

Too bad my asura isn’t going to settle down anytime soon. :P

Posted by: Tregarde.6031

Tregarde.6031

I love these! They look good, all follow the same general style, but are also unique to each race. Well done, I hope we see more outfits that follow the same trend.

I still miss Town Clothes, though.

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I hope that is actually the incomplete version for sylvari. It looks like someone forgot the textures.

Yeah especially the sylvari male. Hideous! Though many armors and outfits for males don’t look good, so I must say I’m not surprised :-/

Yeah… there’s too much clothing on the male one, it should be more like the females where instead of actual clothing we have fines and that growing around parts of our body.

Cmon anet, give us plant folk something more planty and free spirited! we’re not prudes, i mean geez, the only thing we have to prevent us from being full on nude is a conveniently placed (grown) leaf.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Oh wow.

I love that this is race-dependent. It makes sense, given the different race’s backgrounds. Though as an added bonus, Asura at least should have 3 versions of it, female, male, gender-neutral, and either gender should be able to wear either of them.

Yeah… there’s too much clothing on the male one, it should be more like the females where instead of actual clothing we have fines and that growing around parts of our body.

I reckon it’s like Asura. No concept of marriage, but taking things from the other races. Hence the outfit, too.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

I love the asura ones and especially the norm male o.o This outfit might make me roll one. I seriously hope the sylvari ones arent done.

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

Nice design… but really not a fan of how ANet insists on making skirts super flared out at the hips like tents / balloons / bells.

I’d say that’s because it would clip horribly with the running animation if skirts/dresses where tighter and straighter below the hips.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Is it one outfit or two since some couples will not want to wear the ‘default’? For example, at our wedding both my wife and myself wore pantsuits. We would have balked if the only option was wedding dresses.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Wouldn’t be the kind of attire I’d have envisioned for charr but I’ve definitely put them in stranger things, and with a better dye palette it’s actually not bad.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

remember how their excuse for not converting town clothes to skins was that they didn’t want to confuse people by having warriors wearing cloth?

how many dresses and plate set outfits have they released now?

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Marjory and Kasmeer are getting married!!!!

It’s the only thing that makes sense.
Think about it. In the US, same sex marriage was just legalized. Marjory and Kasmeer are a same sex couple…

Plus with the way they have been acting, and with the upcoming fight with Mordremoth, it makes sense that they, or at least Marjory, would want to get married before it’s too late. Marjory is still burdened with the death of her sister. and would feel the need to get married in case the same thing happened to her or Kasmeer.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Why do I have a feeling that one of them will be horribly murdered right before/after the wedding?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Is it one outfit or two since some couples will not want to wear the ‘default’? For example, at our wedding both my wife and myself wore pantsuits. We would have balked if the only option was wedding dresses.

It’s one, with a look varied by gender. You can check by previewing the item code in game.

Side note — the female Sylvari one takes on a lot more life with a deeper dye, and the flowers change their color dramatically depending on the paired dye choice that goes into them.

I’d give screenies but I don’t want to get in trouble for providing unreleased content.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Why do I have a feeling that one of them will be horribly murdered right before/after the wedding?

That would suck, but it’s not likely. If they are planning on releasing wedding garb for the players, then the event would have to play out, and the celebration would have to commence. It would be a really crappy move to release wedding garb, and then not have a wedding/mar the wedding with one of the happy duo to be killed.. I think we’ll get to see them as a married couple for quite awhile before one of them dies toward the end of season 3, or maybe the beginning of season 4.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

rains of castamere!

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Nice design… but really not a fan of how ANet insists on making skirts super flared out at the hips like tents / balloons / bells.

I’d say that’s because it would clip horribly with the running animation if skirts/dresses where tighter and straighter below the hips.

It’s totally possible to make snugly and properly bending skirt in 3d. Look at the female student/country set. But no, they prefer lamp shades.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: cadmiumgreen.8712

cadmiumgreen.8712

Oh, I really like how that outfit has a different version for each race and gender. Hopefully that will show up in the shop before too long.

Then again, I can’t complain about my female charr getting the male version of the Daydreamer’s Finery. But sadly no one has come to give my charr the tummy rubs she so clearly desires.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cerpin.9152

Cerpin.9152

It’s totally possible to make snugly and properly bending skirt in 3d. Look at the female student/country set. But no, they prefer lamp shades.

I wish more people would speak up against this. It seems like the Monk Outfit disaster set a precedent for how new armor and outfits will look from now on.
With the expac incoming, I’m sure we all hope for a lot of new stuff to wear … but whats the point, if we always end up looking like a balloon from the waist down??!

Like you said: They have managed to make skirts work before.
I guess it’s more work for them, but I’d rather not let this kind of cop out slide…

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Female Human looks trashy, bring the front down to below the knees and itll be perfect.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

Female Human looks trashy, bring the front down to below the knees and itll be perfect.

The female dress is not trashy looking. It is quite in line with the high/low style that is quite popular.

http://www.shirleysdress.com/luxurious-sweetheart-beaded-bodice-tiered-high-low-dress-p702377.html

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_two-tier-high-low-a-line-gown-with-tulle-and-lace-vw351281_wedding-dresses-all-wedding-dresses

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Just a flesh wound.3589

The high-low may be fashionable but it looks like an accident right before the wedding involving a 3 year old and a pair of scissors, that’s trying to pass itself off as intentional. :P

ANet may give it to you.

Wildkitten.3872

The high-low may be fashionable but it looks like an accident right before the wedding involving a 3 year old and a pair of scissors, that’s trying to pass itself off as intentional. :P

Ok if that’s your opinion don’t buy it. Guess what, they don’t have to get yours, or mine, approval before making another outfit.

But my point has been for those trashing it, it’s still a REALISTIC and popular real life style of wedding dress. It’s also the style that allows the garter to be seen and the garter is a traditional part of the wedding gown.

Rather ironic many of the same people complaining about the wedding dress are also the ones who complain about “unrealistic” armors, yet the wedding dress could be lifted from any real life bridal shop today.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ok if that’s your opinion don’t buy it. Guess what, they don’t have to get yours, or mine, approval before making another outfit.

But my point has been for those trashing it, it’s still a REALISTIC and popular real life style of wedding dress. It’s also the style that allows the garter to be seen and the garter is a traditional part of the wedding gown.

Rather ironic many of the same people complaining about the wedding dress are also the ones who complain about “unrealistic” armors, yet the wedding dress could be lifted from any real life bridal shop today.

Lol. You’re being very busy defending this outfit. Is there a kickback in it for you that you need to respond to posts that don’t heap praise on it? I don’t like every races’s version of it and I have just as much right to comment on it as you to to say you like it, but overenthusiastic defense is unnecessary.

ANet may give it to you.

Wildkitten.3872

Lol. You’re being very busy defending this outfit. Is there a kickback in it for you that you need to respond to posts that don’t heap praise on it? I don’t like every races’s version of it and I have just as much right to comment on it as you to to say you like it, but overenthusiastic defense is unnecessary.

I just don’t like misinformation. There’s already one thread bashing the garter saying it’s misrepresented yet provides a link that defeats her own argument.

Besides, you seem very interested in trashing the outfit. Do you really not want anyone to have the option to buy it?

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Still waiting for the butterfly wings that EU have and we(NA) DON’T. But yeah, I think I’ll buy that outfit…

Well, I am on EU servers and we don’t have them either.

Good to know. Now I have one question: How that guy from Orange Logo was wearing them at WTS?

Seems some people are confused about the reason why some players at the recent WTS had certain skins that were otherwise unobtainable in the game currently. The reason was because the event was hosted on a LAN server which had every skin, including legendaries, discontinued items and of course items that haven’t yet made it to the actual client available in the wardrobe to the players for use to say “spice” up their character during the competition. Unlike last WTS’s where they were stuck with basic default attire. Just a minor perk for making your way into a tournament such as the WTS, special wardrobe accommodations from Anet. Nothing you saw at the WTS was permanent on their characters.
Just a side note.
Cheers

Säïnt

Just a flesh wound.3589

I just don’t like misinformation. There’s already one thread bashing the garter saying it’s misrepresented yet provides a link that defeats her own argument.

Besides, you seem very interested in trashing the outfit. Do you really not want anyone to have the option to buy it?

I’m interested in trashing the outfit? I gave feedback to ANet as to how much I like it and why I don’t like it. This is information that they, as a company, wants to know. It was not a response to anything you said yet you felt the need to quote me and respond directly. It appears to me that you are overly invested in defending it. And my opinion is certainly not going to keep others from having the option to buy, so tone down the hyperbole.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

The female human one looks like the wedding dress from the Guns ’n Roses “November Rain” video. And nothing, nothing says “tacky and trashy” like a Guns ’n Roses music video.

See minute 1:35 of the linked video for what I’m talking about.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I suspect it actually glows like crazy, and ofc you won’t see that on the datamined version. It’d explain the simple and plain textures, as the actual texture is added in postprocessing.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I suspect it actually glows like crazy, and ofc you won’t see that on the datamined version. It’d explain the simple and plain textures, as the actual texture is added in postprocessing.

Wooo sweet!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Oh dear, you like it.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I agree. It seems blobby and unfinished though I love the concept of it.

I feel it should have a dye fade mid petal layer in the least for females. (No opinion on male. I don’t have a male Syl to test it on).

I feel like it should have texture similar to this ( http://img.wallpapergang.com/94processed/violet%20tulips%20petals.jpg ) rather than a smooth appearance.

Human female is beautiful though. Dyes very beautifully and I have 0 complaints.

I love cultural stuff so I’m super excited. I hope this comes out the same as Butterfly wings (next week please or I’ll explode. ;_;)

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

i like the asura versions.
female sylvari is okay, it’s very flowerly and I like that for sylvari. very simple, but that’s not something bad.
I actually like the charr outfit a lot . this seems to be very fitting and I have hopes that it won’t clip with the tail, which would be awesome.
norn and human female are kind of boring (and these would probably the ones that wear it the most)…not a fan of the varying lenght of the skirt…I would be nice when the Norn version looked more norn-like and not like an American wedding dress from the 90ies crossed with a cheap renfair dress.
It needs, in my opinion, more embroidery (like tapestry of bayeux or the figurative embroidery art of some native american tribes) that tells the legendary story of her heroic awesomeness and a lot more over the top fluffy fur and other trophies, perhaps even horns,to show how much of a great hunter she is. I also would like to have seen fur-lined, embroidered boots with the outfit.
lacks a bit of the epicness that is a Norn woman. too much human girly schmu, in my opinion.
the male Norn is okay, but the hat looks a bit funny and the male human has a crown which probably clips with a lot of the hair options, but I kind of like his outfit.
male Sylvari looks fat in my opinion and is really plain in my opnion. I’d be so nice if they added a few blossoms here and there to make it more interesting.

I’d buy it for my char girl.

(edited by Oreithyia.3064)

Posted by: bremy.1390

bremy.1390

oh beautiful job! the only thing is.. human female skirt and norn female skirt :/ that cut in front of the dress for let see legs.. i don’t know.. seems a little unbalanced. i would prefer a simple long skirt.
sorry if i say that because i know how much work it request!

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Any idea when this outfit will be on the gem store? I proposed to Eir quite a while ago and she is growing a bit impatient

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux