Wedding Outfit Data-mined!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Within the next month I’d figure. They don’t usually add these to the data files too far ahead of release.

Posted by: Eburte.9813

Eburte.9813

Seeing as the current likely wedding couple is going to be Kasmeer and Marjory…which one of them is going to wear the male outfit?

Both of them can wear the dress. They’re both women, after all, there isn’t a male in the relationship.

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

….

It’s totally possible to make snugly and properly bending skirt in 3d. Look at the female student/country set. But no, they prefer lamp shades.

I wish more people would speak up against this. It seems like the Monk Outfit disaster set a precedent for how new armor and outfits will look from now on.
With the expac incoming, I’m sure we all hope for a lot of new stuff to wear … but whats the point, if we always end up looking like a balloon from the waist down??!

Like you said: They have managed to make skirts work before.
I guess it’s more work for them, but I’d rather not let this kind of cop out slide…

100% agreed. It looks like ANet has given up on making good looking skirts for female humans that don’t clip and don’t flare.

The first thing I thought when I saw the ingame preview was: “Is my character pregnant now?”

This flared up skirt is horrible and embarassing.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

100% agreed. It looks like ANet has given up on making good looking skirts for female humans that don’t clip and don’t flare.

Welcome to being a small Norn. Norn players have had to put up with ridiculous deformed balloon armor since day 1 except for a few pieces they forgot to screw up with racial distortion coefficients.

For some reason the poison has migrated back to the Human models recently.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Welcome to being a small Norn. Norn players have had to put up with ridiculous deformed balloon armor since day 1 except for a few pieces they forgot to screw up with racial distortion coefficients.

For some reason the poison has migrated back to the Human models recently.

Same for Sylvari. They’ve had “puffy” armor since launch also. It’s strange, considering you would think they are reskinned humans, but there is a lot of armor that balloons out when a Sylvari wears them, especially the medium armor on males. I remade my female Mesmer for that reason. She started off normal weight and I made her anorexic because of the way the armor looks.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

A lot of you complain about the “pufft” or "balloon"ing clothes, yet stop and think about the corresponding fashion time. The types of fashions worn in game are close to Victorian or slightly pre Victorian styles where there was that type of clothing.

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

For those who not really get what I’m talking about is why skirt for human female is made like the one sketched on left side, instead like this on the right side. Forgive me my bad skills and sloppy use of 3d assets.

And no, clipping is not the issue. Style is not the issue. With proper rigging, some clipping is mostly avoidable, some is still not, no matter what. Although I want to also say that maybe this just doesn’t suit me, maybe it couldn’t be done for some reason, maybe it’s just the design, thus I’m keeping my gems for something else in the future.

Problem is, this looks the same way like monk’s outfit skirt was treated “against clipping”, by making the mesh huge and lampshade-ish, for lack of better word.

Attachments:

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

It’s funny that they went monk’s outfit way of making outfits look like balloons to avoid clipping yet outfit has horrible clipping with the ground and even itself. 20 eur outfit lol.

Posted by: Little Kayli.7415

Little Kayli.7415

Im not sure whether to get it or not. I really want a dress for my Asuran female, I have nice outfits on my norn and human. Just i like the whole cute kawaii thing for my Asuran. I dun care if they are gender neutral whatever everyone keeps saying about them. It doesnt mean they cant be kawaii as well XD im thinking lolita dress with bloomers would be cute. I keep looking at the wedding dress and have trouble dealing with the i guess floating pearls. Maybe I just need to get it and try different dyes it to see if that helps. Still wearing it on my norn and human might be nice but im having my doubts after reading these comments. I dont want to waste gems and not like the dress in the end. Its one thing to try it on in the gem store but seeing it in action is another. going back to the my asuran, i saw a dress on one that the player told me was a wintersday dress unfortunately I was out sick during last wintersday so missed out on a lot. The outfit i have right now will have to do but still im undecided on the wedding dress.

Attachments:

Little Kayli