Week 3: Collecting and Trading

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Baron Von Graymouse.7801

Baron Von Graymouse.7801

I am calling it now. Legendry weapons will no longer be tradable on the TP.

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

would total kill the game

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

buying a precursor or rolling the mystic toilet seems to be the only way to get one. I haven’t heard of anyone getting it as a drop yet. (not in my close circle at least eg, guild/friendlist)

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Good, and it wouldn’t kill the game… I also very much doubt this is going to happen.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

We found that trading is much to confusing thats why you can now only 1 item
every 5 levels. Also you need to be at least level 50 for that,

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I doubt it, but they never should have been tradable in the first place, and even if they are made untradable again, they will never have the same prestige value as they would have had they never become tradable in the first place.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I think they are going to begin rolling out the anticipated Mystic Forge changes.

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Player to Player trade system?

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Player to Player trade system?

Not likely. I suspect it’ll just be a lot of quality of life changes and one or two surprises but nothing as big as a player to player trade system. Though I’d be willing to be proven wrong

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Mystic Forge changes, maybe release some account bound/soulbound statuses on certain gear (I’m looking at you, dungeon runes). Would be neat if you could just buy 80 tomes of knowledge and ascended. Somebody gets profit for what they don’t want, and you don’t have to do the work.

That would definitely be some QoL changes that would impact veteran players, because no new player would have the money to dump that kind of gold into gear.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I doubt it, but they never should have been tradable in the first place, and even if they are made untradable again, they will never have the same prestige value as they would have had they never become tradable in the first place.

It’s not like they had prestige to start with given that 90% of the mats to make them were in the vast majority of case bought on the TP anyway….let’s not pretend people aren’t buying the precursors and the mats to buy them from the tp

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

It’s not like they had prestige to start with given that 90% of the mats to make them were in the vast majority of case bought on the TP anyway….let’s not pretend people aren’t buying the precursors and the mats to buy them from the tp

I’m not sure mats are all that much of a “purchase” – maybe a 50/50 or 25/75 ratio – T6 are a bit to get with ktraining in EotM and laurels. Precursors definitely were bought on the TP most of the time – bad RNG is bad RNG. If they fixed the RNG issue though, legendaries would be just as common as they are now because they’d be easier to get.

But I agree, legendaries never had a “unique” prestige…I mean sure, someone can kitten and moan that you can buy them off the TP but it’s not like 2000-3000g is a walk in the park.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor will have search functionality on the BLTC so you can sort armors.

I would say Ascended Armor and Weapons would be trade-able before you will ever see Legendaries be untradeable. Legendaries are gem sellers.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I’m not sure mats are all that much of a “purchase” – maybe a 50/50 or 25/75 ratio – T6 are a bit to get with ktraining in EotM and laurels. Precursors definitely were bought on the TP most of the time – bad RNG is bad RNG. If they fixed the RNG issue though, legendaries would be just as common as they are now because they’d be easier to get.

But I agree, legendaries never had a “unique” prestige…I mean sure, someone can kitten and moan that you can buy them off the TP but it’s not like 2000-3000g is a walk in the park.

It is a walk in the park, it’s just a freaking loooooooooong and boring walk, and most players have better uses for their time. Seriously, the insane amount of hours you have to spend to farm one is admittedly impressive, but that’s like saying “That woman has an impressive beard.”

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

would total kill the game

With the amount of things that killed the game in the past, this game should be undead now.