Well, it's official...

Well, it's official...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

…I just can’t go back to other MMOs. Guild Wars 2 has completely spoiled me with its innovative approach to the genre. Good job.

I’m sure someone negative will come along an hijack my appreciation thread with their complaints, but until that happens, I just wanted it to be known how much I love this game and how happy I am with it. I’m sure it will only improve over time.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Sunny Side.7960

Sunny Side.7960

Love this game too, has its flaws, but 90% mmo goodness.

and beautiful.

Attachments:

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

That second picture is gorgeous

I’m loving the game still myself. AHMAGERD EXPLORATION.

Even zones I’ve already explored 100% I go back to and find something new that i never noticed before. it’s awesome.

Aw you removed it. but the new pic is pretty too!

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Sunny Side.7960

Sunny Side.7960

heh yeah i wasn’t sure about them, but i added it again

Well, it's official...

ProphetSword.5427

I don’t feel there are enough appreciation threads. Honestly, every thread seems like someone is raging about something. Sometimes it’s understandable, but most times it just seems really blown out of proportion.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

It totally is. >.<

I lost my temper earlier because of it. So tired of reading thread after thread, becoming depressed by all the negativity. I just gah. Screw it.

The game deserves to appreciated for what it is- A piece of art in progress. While some things are needed to be worked on, the stuff that doesn’t is amazingly enjoyable.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Nothing is perfect, but what they got right, they got very right.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Token.6501

Token.6501

I’m not done with it yet. Being a guild leader may keep me involved for a while to come.

Well, it's official...

ProphetSword.5427

Surprisingly, the game is completely opposite of these forums. I have never played an MMO with such a group of nice players in my life. People will go out of their way to heal/rescue you or help you out. I do the same for others.

Even the map chat can be pleasant when people ask questions and others respond. I’ve played some other MMOs where asking a question got you labeled as a noob and everyone tried to shame you for asking something really basic, even though the people doing the shaming were all in the same position once. Makes no sense to me.

The amount of teamwork and fellowship in the game is astounding. I get more “thank you” responses from people in a day than I would have gotten in a month in other MMOs due to the competitive nature of those games.

I think the best thing that GW2 did for MMOs was show that there’s a way to do PvE that doesn’t require competition, while still allowing for competition in the form of good PvP.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: wollie.9751

wollie.9751

This game is amazingly beautiful and completely different from every other MMO on the market.

Some people will always hate new things and try to make them conform to their old comforts, these people will either adapt or move on.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Arkulin.3421

Arkulin.3421

Amazing game!

Attachments:

Well, it's official...

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

Yes, this game has ruined future MMO experiences for me. Unless they offer some of the GW2 features, I can’t see myself buying them. I checked out TSW and RIFT. Just not want I am looking for.

I only have two complaints about GW2 – DR code implemented after launch and bugs. I have confidence that the bugs will be resolved. Removal of DR code, not so sure about. But even if the DR remains, I can see myself playing this game for while.

Still have tons to do on my lvl 80. Created one alt and have plans for at least 4 more. I love alts. In another MMO, I created an alt for what people said would be a great story. I was bored. At one point, I spent a week playing Morrowind instead of that sub-based MMO because the experience was so boring. I actually wasted money not playing a game I paid for to play a game that was years old because the MMO was not fun. I still find GW2 fun and am looking forward to things Arenanet will introduce in the future. Hoping we will get a few holiday events.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Well, it's official...

ProphetSword.5427

Well, if we’re being honest, GW2 isn’t perfect. I know that. But what works, works really well (and the majority of it works). The bugs can be fixed. I’d like to think that the DR code will eventually either be phased out or just won’t be too much of a concern.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

Just a quick reply; For all its known or reported faults, real or imaginary, I too like GW2 very much.

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I went to play another game the other day and being unable to dodge, time my blocks/blinds manually etc made me feel like I was playing an easy childproof game.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Kailthir.6384

Kailthir.6384

I agree with the above positive/constructive posts. GW2 delivered almost all they promised. I was shocked at the amount of promises they kept.

DR… yes we all want it gone. I agree. DE’s they could of been more persistant, lasting longer or making more of a real change. But over all I am quite pleased with this game.

We have beautiful artistic scenery, very diverse races, classes that are for the most part are differet, and not more of the same. The music score is pretty much spot on. Oh and STORY… they beat Bioware SWTOR at their own game. The story (atleast so far) is amazing! Unlike SWTOR they didn’t VO the side quests etc, spent that time on creating content. Smart move.

Now don’t get me wrong there are a few problems, but nothing really game breaking. This is now my go-to MMORPG.

Thank you Anet for an absolutely amaging job! Keep up the wickid awesome work.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: AndrewWaltfeld.4621

AndrewWaltfeld.4621

I went to play another game the other day and being unable to dodge, time my blocks/blinds manually etc made me feel like I was playing an easy childproof game.

I did the same thing the other day, I was like “why is there no dodge key!”

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I love this game, I am unashamedly in love
here are some of the reasons

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

Well, it's official...

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

We have beautiful artistic scenery, very diverse races, classes that are for the most part are differet, and not more of the same. The music score is pretty much spot on. Oh and STORY… they beat Bioware SWTOR at their own game. The story (atleast so far) is amazing! Unlike SWTOR they didn’t VO the side quests etc, spent that time on creating content. Smart move.

SWTOR plays out like a single player game (albeit one with alternate storylines to explore) that was turned into an MMO mid-development. I think if they had kept out the MMO “features” and released it as KoTOR 3 it would have been a much better game, and much more profitable.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

of course, this game can’t please everyone, but i must admit (as a "classic" mmorpg-gamer) that the innovations are more than enough to compensate the lack of features i miss from previous mmo’s (a few of ’em might be added in the future)

about the awesome beauty of this game ---> see the attachments
GW2 features the best graphics of any mmorpg out there right now, though, it could be better nowadays...but hey, that way even slow performance PC’s can handle it’s awesomeness and it also might get texture updates in the future

btw...did anyone saw the beauty in 3D already? tho i have no 3D screen, i can convert the 3D screenshots to N3DS format and watch them - looks kewl but it looks more like several 2D textures - could be due the conversion though :P

Attachments:

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

(edited by wauwi.9162)

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

Game is truly beautifull, WvW, and the norn areas are simply amazing, reminds me of skyrim. Oh and i don’t think i’ll ever stand another fetch quest ever again, which makes up 95% of the mmo genre, so when i get bored of gw2, then i’ll stop and come back, and i don’t think i’ll ever played another mmo ever again, even if it’s new and shiny.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Lokai.7850

Lokai.7850

odd i find myself playing my old mmos more and more… GW2 is just not for me… i still say only thing it has going for it are…

1: stat progression being a thing of the past
2: dynamic events
3: WvWvW
4: Crafting

past that game falls short in every area… i really wanted to like GW2 but i just cant make myself like it =<

Well, it's official...

Red Falcon.8257

Drake hugging beats any crying

Attachments:

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

Drake hugging beats any crying

either you’re humping that draking or he’s choking on something.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Duckzor.4327

Duckzor.4327

Love the game, just wish they’d add more end-game content.

Thief WvW Solo Roam Video

http://youtu.be/MHEU8oCFxrE

Well, it's official...

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

I think this is going to be the game I play for the rest of my life. I look forward to many expansions.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Beautiful game indeed.

Having happy times with my friend.

Attachments:

Well, it's official...

Posted by: adamian.9638

adamian.9638

I expect a response from someone on anet to come shortly since they seem to come into these positive threads and tend to ignore the negative ones.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

I can name on one hand the things I don’t like about GW2 (traits/weapon skills/etc and general combat flow being my primary gripe) but could name many times more great features I do like. Great job overall.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Rhase.2047

Rhase.2047

“Oh and STORY… they beat Bioware SWTOR at their own game. The story (atleast so far) is amazing! Unlike SWTOR they didn’t VO the side quests etc, spent that time on creating content. Smart move.”

You didn’t play TOR, did you? Guild wars didn’t even come close to scratching TOR’s storytelling. Not in content, delivery, characters, choices, or any aspect. Not really bashing Anet here, either. If there’s one thing Bioware does VERY well, it’s tell a story. Play an imperial agent, then get back to me on your opinion.

Sorry, people give TOR a lot more crap than it deserves. Back on topic:

The things I’ll give Anet:

The combat system is more fun than any MMO I’ve ever played, by a long shot. Anet nailed not needing 500 abilities and 80 different macros to make combat engaging. Feels more like an action game and I loved that.

Art direction. I don’t even think I need to expand on that.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

I think SWTOR delivers its story better, but the content of the stories in GW2 is surprisingly good. Some SWTOR stories are better, but not all.

Yeah, wouldn’t say I’m spoiled for other MMOs quite, but GW2 is by far my favourite at the moment.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Silene.6379

Silene.6379

I feel the same way. I just can’t live without shared mobs and resources. For a genre where people are supposed to be playing together, it just makes sense. Should have been done ages ago.

Well, it's official...

Kailthir.6384

Rhase wrote:

"" “Oh and STORY… they beat Bioware SWTOR at their own game. The story (atleast so far) is amazing! Unlike SWTOR they didn’t VO the side quests etc, spent that time on creating content. Smart move.”

You didn’t play TOR, did you? Guild wars didn’t even come close to scratching TOR’s storytelling. Not in content, delivery, characters, choices, or any aspect. Not really bashing Anet here, either. If there’s one thing Bioware does VERY well, it’s tell a story. Play an imperial agent, then get back to me on your opinion.

Sorry, people give TOR a lot more crap than it deserves. Back on topic:""

Actually I was with TOR since beta. I am the biggest SW fan I know. I was disapointed with quite a bit of the game. They really screwed up on it. I can go into detail but there is not enough time and space on these forums.

As far as story goes I personally think that Anet did a better job than Bioware. I think Bethesda does a better job as well. Bethesda shoulkd of been the one to make TOR. Would of been 1000x better. LOTRO also did a better job at story and richer setting than Bioware. Bioware is no longer the industry leader in story content. Not since EA kitten them.

TOR tanked on so many levels that it’s pathetic. I really wanted to love that game. Anyways, again GW2 is my go to MMO for so many re4asons. Just wish they would get rid of DR, but that is another topic.

Well, it's official...

Rhase.2047

^ I strongly disagree. :p

Well, it's official...

Posted by: AndrewWaltfeld.4621

AndrewWaltfeld.4621

Story on SWTOR was decent. Some of the classes got kittened out of good story I think. Comparing some of the stories you could tell what got more attention and others got half-baked attention. cough Trooper cough

Guild wars 2 story is remarkably good. I have enjoyed it so far. It’s not engrossing as SWTOR but it’s not as mandatory either which is nice in it’s own way. I will give SWTOR credit though where due – some of the stories were very well done and very fun to play. It’s just a pity the rest of the game wasn’t up to snuff. It did bring many good concepts to the table that forced other MMO developers to consider implementing them.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

the game is great and most important: fresh. Among the many ubercomplainers, I can see some justification for people who complain about the endgame. But still I consider GW2 a little diamond. Endgame content can be added, the core design itself is terrific.

Well, it's official...

Kailthir.6384

^ I strongly disagree. :p

I may of been a bit harsh with the story in TOR. Let me rephrase…

“Most” of the classes I played the story was lacking. Espcially the repub side. Someone on the dev team was a huge sith fan… or should I say most.

Anyways you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. Neither is wrong as it is opinion.

Well, it's official...

Rhase.2047

@ Andrew: Fair enough. I never played a trooper. Just the imp classes before I quit. When the FTP starts I’ll be checking out pub side! Thus far I’ve yet to have a single “ERMAHGERD!” moment in GW2 from the story, though. A couple chuckles about apples and fear of undead cattle, but nothing that gave me goosebumps like TOR.

Story isn’t GW2’s strong point, imo. But it makes up for it in other aspects, as previously mentioned. Combat is superb.

Well, it's official...

Red Falcon.8257

To me, story, combat (including no trinity etc), landscapes, and UI are the strongest points.

These to me are mere requirements for a game to be played by an adult.
Me and my friends are heading toward the 30s and we all can’t touch a game with static combat or poor graphics / clunky UI, it’s really something of the early 2000s that we got really fed up with.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: catqeer.1954

catqeer.1954

I just can’t touch other mmos anymore this game has done what they said they would… we are in the beginning of it and it will get better… they might had new things and new mini-games… new races as long as they don’t upset the balance, new areas, new profession as long as they don’t upset the balance to much, new weapons and giving old weapons to different professions as long as it doesn’t hurt the balance, new skills as long as balance can be maintained

Well, it's official...

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

@ Andrew: Fair enough. I never played a trooper. Just the imp classes before I quit. When the FTP starts I’ll be checking out pub side! Thus far I’ve yet to have a single “ERMAHGERD!” moment in GW2 from the story, though. A couple chuckles about apples and fear of undead cattle, but nothing that gave me goosebumps like TOR.

Story isn’t GW2’s strong point, imo. But it makes up for it in other aspects, as previously mentioned. Combat is superb.

Goosebumps from what in TOR? You obviously tried a different class then I leveled all the way. No goosebumps here, just spacebar tapping after about 1/2 through the story.

For me, GW2 has had more amusing story and voice content by far. I cannot even remember all the times I laughed, smiled, chuckled at some of the great lines and even just some side commentary from an NPC.

Well, it's official...

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

For me, GW2 has had more amusing story and voice content by far. I cannot even remember all the times I laughed, smiled, chuckled at some of the great lines and even just some side commentary from an NPC.

Oh man, there was this bit about Jade statues when you’re taunting some White Mantle that nearly made me fall out of my chair.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Well, it's official...

Posted by: Chaz.1835

Chaz.1835

I love the exploration in this game so much

Well, it's official...

Posted by: TinyHowie.3946

TinyHowie.3946

I get more thank you in an hour in the game than a day in my work :P