Well this pc run Guild wars 2 perfectly?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FlamingMelon.4792

FlamingMelon.4792

I found a better pc tell me if this works

Gaming Chasis: Corsair Carbide Series Spec-01 w/ USB 3.0, Side Panel Window
Laser Engraving: None
Neon Light Upgrade: None
Extra Case Fans: Default case fans
Noise Reduction Technology: None
CPU: Intel® Pentium™ Anniversary Edition G3258 3.2 GHz 3MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)
Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel: None
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler – Enhance Cooling Performance (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
Motherboard: * GIGABYTE Z97X-SLI ATX w/ Intel GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI, 1 x M.2, 1 x SATA Express, or 6x SATA 6Gb/s (Extreme OC Certified)
NFC: None
Intel Smart Response Technology: None
RAM / System Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V3)
Video Card: AMD Radeon R5 230 1GB GDDR3 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Single Card)
Freebies: None
Power Supply: 400 Watts – EVGA 400W Power Supply
M.2 SATA SSD: None
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
Secondary Hard Drive: None
Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
External Storage: None
USB Flash Drive: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: None
External Optical Drive: None
Internal Wireless Network Card: None
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
NVIDIA 3D Vision Glasses: None
LCD Monitor: None
Cables: None
Speakers: None
Internal Network Card: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
Keyboard: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
Mouse Pad: None
Headset: None
Headset Hanger: None
Gaming Gear: None
Fan Controller/Temperature Display: None
Internal USB Expansion Module: None
External Wireless Network Card: None
Wireless Routers/Hubs: None
Docking Station: None
Bluetooth: None
Flash Media Reader/Writer: None
Video Camera: None
Gaming Tablet: None
Freebies: None
Power & Surge Protection: None
USB Hub & Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
External USB ADAPTER: None
Operating System: None – FORMAT HARD DRIVE ONLY
Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: None
Office Suite: None
Games: None
Ultra Care Option: None
Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR [3 Year Labor, 1 Year Parts] LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Rush Service: Standard Process Time: Ship within 8 Business Day
Watt Power:400
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/CyberPower_B85_Configurator/

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

It’ll run GW2, for sure, but I just have to point out that CPU is only a dual core and the video card is a budget card: it’s going to be obsolete for pretty much any new game and putting liquid cooling on it is like installing an air conditioner in an igloo. Go with a standard heatsink and fan, you don’t need liquid cooling for that setup, especially since you aren’t overclocking (not that overclocking will do much for you).

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

It really depends on what you mean by “perfectly”…

You can do much better. Also, Cyberpower and their sister company iBuyPower are kinda scary… iBuyPower was actually started because CyberPower was forced to cease operations a few years ago by the state of California while being investigated for fraud.

But yeah, here’s 2 guys who build an entire computer each just last month for $300 that would run GW2 with no problems: http://youtu.be/x1JA24KCAjE

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

you can get pcs with older i5 cpus and gtx 750 for like 500 dollar on ebay.or check out microcenter.com for older and cheaper computer parts.

i wouldnt buy a finished computer. if you buy all the parts and build the computer yourself it will be cheaper and most likely you will get better hardware for your money.

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

That’s an awful deal, especially since it apparently doesn’t come with Windows. Additionally, cyberpower (and ibuypower) are both crap.

If your budget is only $500, you’re better off building your own.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

That is an awful deal and I wouldn’t go for it. If anything, building your own computer will yield better results. For more info, refer to the website Logical Increments, it’ll act as a great reference point and a guide too. If you look at the $500 range, you’ll see you have better options.

Fermi.2409

Definitely a great starting point, although I’ve never been a huge fan of a lot of their decisions. 520W Antec PSU, $60 case, 4 GB of ram, $150 AMD CPU+mobo on a $500 build? Not exactly the greatest way to spend your money, and I don’t think their builds even include windows.

For $500 I’d opt for something like this; OC the CPU and you’re good to go, it includes windows, and you don’t spend loads of extra money on things that don’t need it.

Posted by: rgraze.5169

rgraze.5169

I am going to say no. The cpu and gpu seem out of place on that system. Go with at least a core i5 and if you like amd an r9 gpu or equivilant . Yes as mentioned the liquid cooling is definately not needed in that setup and the r5 is def. old.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

perfection, the unattainable ideal…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Razzafrazza.7815

Razzafrazza.7815

Sigh… people generally don’t know as much about computer architecture as they think they do. I can speak to the CPU/Mobo choice. I am running a very similar rig with an Asus Z97 mobo and the same processor. I am locked at 60fps just about everything I do in the game (yes, I do blob wars in WvW). Here’s the trick: That processor is beastly if you overclock it and know what you’re doing. I am running stable at 4.5Ghz on air cooling. GW2 is not optimized to multi-threading, what you need is a very strong single-thread proc, and this one is very good. Also, with your chipset, you can upgrade to an i7 or whatever in the future. That’s a pretty good budget rig.

Fermi.2409

Sigh… people generally don’t know as much about computer architecture as they think they do. I can speak to the CPU/Mobo choice. I am running a very similar rig with an Asus Z97 mobo and the same processor. I am locked at 60fps just about everything I do in the game (yes, I do blob wars in WvW). Here’s the trick: That processor is beastly if you overclock it and know what you’re doing. I am running stable at 4.5Ghz on air cooling. GW2 is not optimized to multi-threading, what you need is a very strong single-thread proc, and this one is very good. Also, with your chipset, you can upgrade to an i7 or whatever in the future. That’s a pretty good budget rig.

It’s $500 with no OS and a kitten GPU. It’s not a “pretty good budget rig”, it’s a hugely overpriced computer that’s not going to be any good at gaming.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Even by pricier UK standards, that’s a lot of money for a…well, a rather oddly specced setup. You can do better

I wouldn’t go below i5; I’m playing on an old Asus K55V laptop which is practically a toaster by any modern standard but the i5 is probably what is making it possible

Oh, well that and the ‘Anthill Inside – Pratchett Processor’ sticker on it of course

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

For $500 I’d opt for something like this; OC the CPU and you’re good to go, it includes windows, and you don’t spend loads of extra money on things that don’t need it.

Very nice build! However, wouldn’t a quad core CPU prove more effective with GW2 being more CPU focused?

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

If you are planning on OCing that CPU, liquid is good. However, the Pentium produces less heat overall than the i5/i7 CPUs, so air is still good. GPU wise, the R5 is the lowest end of the spectrum. You will get ok performance on low / low-med graphics.

As stated above by Razzafrazza, GW2 has crappy multi-core functionality at this time. It focuses on single thread instructions, 3 to be exact. So a dual core is ok. I would suggest going with a slightly better GPU, at least an r7 or even an r9 260×. Also I would recommend, just for safety, at least a 600w PSU. 400w would cut too close overall from what I can see.

Another thing is if you do not want to build a PC yourself, but are looking for something in a $400-600 range, some of the ‘named’ systems are pretty decent these days.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: Razzafrazza.7815

Razzafrazza.7815

If you are planning on OCing that CPU, liquid is good. However, the Pentium produces less heat overall than the i5/i7 CPUs, so air is still good. GPU wise, the R5 is the lowest end of the spectrum. You will get ok performance on low / low-med graphics.

As stated above by Razzafrazza, GW2 has crappy multi-core functionality at this time. It focuses on single thread instructions, 3 to be exact. So a dual core is ok. I would suggest going with a slightly better GPU, at least an r7 or even an r9 260×. Also I would recommend, just for safety, at least a 600w PSU. 400w would cut too close overall from what I can see.

Another thing is if you do not want to build a PC yourself, but are looking for something in a $400-600 range, some of the ‘named’ systems are pretty decent these days.

FYI, I’m running an R9 270×. Still pretty good price/performance ratio.

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

FYI, I’m running an R9 270×. Still pretty good price/performance ratio.

That it is.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

No rig runs this game perfectly. It’s an MMO, something you need to deal with in general. It’s also a DX9 engine, so it’s not been optimized for net relay. It is what it is, 40-50 FPS for the most part is about as good as it gets, in open world. Expect lower with the massive particle effects in zerg situations.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: rgraze.5169

rgraze.5169

The G32.. Processor is a very good cpu and can run gw without a problem. The concern i have is just recently Far Cry 4 wouldnt allow the game to start with this cpu since it was seen only as a dual core. I know this was a limitation put in by the developer and with out it it would run fine,heck they may have fixed this. My point is future games may require more than 2 cores.

Fermi.2409

Very nice build! However, wouldn’t a quad core CPU prove more effective with GW2 being more CPU focused?

Yeah, but you’re not getting a quad core that will outperform that CPU (especially when OC’d) for <$500 without hugely skimping on something else. If you don’t mind dropping some settings it’ll do fine (~25+ FPS) everywhere in the game, honestly, including large zergs for Teq/Shat/etc.

I would suggest going with a slightly better GPU, at least an r7 or even an r9 260×.

It’s worth looking at 750tis as well. A 260x 2 GB is $20 less (for a quality card; don’t buy PowerColor) then a 750ti right now; 750tis are slightly more powerful iirc so if the price is right it may make sense to go with one over a 260×.

Also I would recommend, just for safety, at least a 600w PSU. 400w would cut too close overall from what I can see.

Wattage isn’t really the important thing (as long as there’s enough of it); PSU quality is more important. 600W is wayyyy overkill for that computer (especially with the 230 in there); 400W is more then ample, although I’d dump the PSU asap and buy a CX430. instead.

Honestly, doubtful. Show me something and I’ll believe you, but in general you’re losing out hugely in the GPU department, even if everything else matches.

My point is future games may require more than 2 cores.

“Require”. It’s just the publishers trying to make their games seem better because they’re more demanding (=better graphics). Isn’t there already a 3rd party thing to bypass that restriction? iirc there was one out for CoD:AW not long after release.

(edited by Fermi.2409)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Didn’t we talk about this last night or was it the night before.

First, depending on your settings and your definition of “perfect”, there really isn’t a PC made that won’t bog down at some point with this game.

As I said time, doesn’t come with the OS, the video card is pitiful and the PSU is so-so. If I remember from last time they have a $63 upgrade to a R9 270 (not the 270x) and a $6 upgrade to the Corsair CX430 PSU. Windows is around $100.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes