Went through all 58 Class II portals

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I finished going through all 58 possible class II active portals, but nothing happened. There was no new dialog, no new items, no nothing… is this currently bugged? I certainly hope i’m not going to have to do it again…

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

..what’s a class II active portal? O_O

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

The current theory is that we have to wait for Class II unstable rifts to appear (which will likely take a few days like previous current events). @Zoltar, go to fields of ruin and you will figure out what this is all about :P

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/55u749/something_unusual_is_happening_at_gillscale_pond/

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yeah, im betting this like the Seis one where new portals appear in a few days.

Kinda enjoyed the investigative approach to this one, which surprised me since I found the earlier current events lacking due to poor communicationn game. Reminded me a little of the TSW investigation quests.

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yeah this one was much more interesting to figure out. I liked that it had a story aspect in addition to the more grindy part.

Not looking forward to doing all those portals again, but at least I have the list of them all now.

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

No sarcasm here. What story aspect?

Posted by: Noble.3125

Noble.3125

Why you say 58? There are only 54!

ZudetGambeous.9573

Check out the “sad anomaly” portion of this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/55ut1w/spoilers_october_4_current_events_guide_work_in/?st=itw5cacc&sh=7aa4a4b8

There is a rather interesting story developing stemming from previous current events and the current living story.

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

Check out the “sad anomaly” portion of this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/55ut1w/spoilers_october_4_current_events_guide_work_in/?st=itw5cacc&sh=7aa4a4b8

There is a rather interesting story developing stemming from previous current events and the current living story.

Ty. Looks like i missed something. ^^

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Off topic, bit just out of curiosity. Do the current events become unobtainable after awhile? I mean, let’s say I only did the first set, the coalescence hunter one and havent done any events since? Can I still do the “current events” that came out 3 months ago or did I miss them?

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Off topic, bit just out of curiosity. Do the current events become unobtainable after awhile? I mean, let’s say I only did the first set, the coalescence hunter one and havent done any events since? Can I still do the “current events” that came out 3 months ago or did I miss them?

They are still active, and according to a Dev statement, will continue to be so for the foreseeable future.

Good luck.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

As far as I know the should remain, there was an official response somewhere that they will only remove current events if the story leads to it. I can’t find the quote atm because I don’t know if it was on reddit or here… but basically they plan to move current event achievements to a different category when they aren’t really ‘in the present’ anymore, but they should remain available.

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

It’s been a whole week and there still is no sign of Class II rifts anywhere. I don’t think it’s time gated – might have something to do with a rift entrance pattern? Maybe we have to wait longer for Anet to set up each and every rift combo in the next stabilizer, who knows.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, the updates are bi-weekly, coming with each Game Update patch.

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

I hope the rift stabilizers remain useful even after the current event for it is retired – maybe add making a rift as skill#5? The rifts are fun to use and this whole thing reminds me of Back To The Future except we’re moving through space rather than time.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can already ‘make a Rift’ at any event marker (for Rifts). You know, those ones that look like phantom events (markers).

Absolutely great for Daily Map Event completion. ; )

Carlin Sanders.3587

You can already ‘make a Rift’ at any event marker (for Rifts). You know, those ones that look like phantom events (markers).

Absolutely great for Daily Map Event completion. ; )

I was talking about for when the rifts are retired. (If it ever happens.) maybe also add a randomise option like the unstable aether portals for laughs.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ahh. Well, there’s the Twisted Watchwork Portal Device, which is kind of the same thing. I think some (if not all) of the Portal Destinations are the same.

One can’t determine the destination, though. I’m not sure how many players would memorize all the portal destinations, or have a list handy, either. Some would, of course, consult the Wiki, or other guides.

Carlin Sanders.3587

Or print/save one of those handy destination spreadsheets. (If we enter 4265 on a class IX rift do we find that warehouse full of fiery dragon swords or do we go back in time to prophecies?)