Were Achievement Chests Nerfed Too?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I got my first Achievement Chest since the Patch. I take it they killed off the reward box of PvP gear that used to be included, since the Wardrobe merged everything? That was my main source for the occasional random Dungeon goodies, and stuff only available in the Mists. (I don’t do Dungeons or PvP). I was hoping they’d still give us a box full of gear though, even if it’s not called a “PvP” chest anymore. The reward was really wimpy. I’m suddenly not excited about my next one anymore.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Hmmm. I checked the wiki. There is nothing about PvP skins in the chests and no note about a change to them. If there was a note in the game update notes, I didn’t see it and no one has commented on it.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Check the PvP Achievement Reward Chest page on the wiki.

These chests are no longer awarded. If this chest is till in inventory, they are no longer usable.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I’ve gotten two milestone chests since the patch, and I could’ve sworn I read comments about it somewhere (though not patch notes). I’m also pretty disappointed at the lack of a PvP chest in achievement chests, and no balance to that removal. It would’ve been nice to get some guaranteed transmute charges or turn the previously pvp weapons/armor into skin tokens for those looks.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

Yep, no more pvp gear chest. Would have been nice to still get a few random skins.

NSP Why bother?….

Hamfast.8719

Well poop! I know this wasn’t one of the “big” chests, but I felt better about the Champ bag I got just a little while later. They need to stop REMOVING stuff from this game.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

-sigh-

This makes me very sad as I am about to hit a milestone and I, too, do not do dungeons or PvP.

-double sigh-

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Bummer. =(

I can understand the pvp chest being gone. But Anet should have replaced it with something.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I was disappointed with this change as well. I used to look forward to my AP chests, but now it’s about as exciting as opening a champ bag…. in other words… not at all.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

I can understand the pvp chest being gone. But Anet should have replaced it with something.

Are you guys being sarcastic or did this many people really not notice that it was replaced. The PVP reward tracks give loot about 5x better rate than the pre Apr 15 chests system, and it’s the same stuff just standardized salvage mats and permanent skin unlock. Literally zero downside, only buffs.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I got a lot of hot, juicy skins from those. I miss them.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Guhracie.3419

Are you guys being sarcastic or did this many people really not notice that it was replaced. The PVP reward tracks give loot about 5x better rate than the pre Apr 15 chests system, and it’s the same stuff just standardized salvage mats and permanent skin unlock. Literally zero downside, only buffs.

The downside is that people who don’t PvP are not going to get those rewards now. We’re not talking about chests from PvPing, we’re talking about chests that were awarded alongside achievement point chests.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

what’s the next thing to be nerfed? chest from daily?

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

A bundle of transmute charges would actually be really nice to get from an achievement chest.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

yes I got a chest since the patch and it is definitely not just the PvP skins that are missing.
There was so little in the chest that I had to make sure I opened it- the average champ bag gives more.
kind of resembles a BL chest now- without the sometimes lucky scrap

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I did always look forward to more skins I could throw in my PvP wardrobe. :/ As a collector, I enjoyed that. However, since PvP skins no longer exist, if they’d kept the old system they’d basically be handing out an average of 2 Exotics every time we got an achievement chest. (I’d LOVE that, but all those Exotics flooding into the economy could be a problem.)

The best rewards from the AP chests now are the flat gold bonus and the Zenith weapon/armor skins.

Guhracie.3419

Yeah, I did always look forward to more skins I could throw in my PvP wardrobe. :/ As a collector, I enjoyed that. However, since PvP skins no longer exist, if they’d kept the old system they’d basically be handing out an average of 2 Exotics every time we got an achievement chest. (I’d LOVE that, but all those Exotics flooding into the economy could be a problem.)

The best rewards from the AP chests now are the flat gold bonus and the Zenith weapon/armor skins.

Except they could accomplish the same effect by giving the items as skin tokens instead of actual exotic items. So instead of being PvP Shield of the Moon, it would just be Shield of the Moon skin, account bound. Or a list of random auto-unlocks.

-Mike O’Brien

What in the world do PvP reward tracks have to do with Achievement rewards?

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Well, that’s tedious. I enjoyed getting those skins. Though I have to admit I never understood the reasoning of getting PvP rewards when I never PvP. I never understood the reasoning of getting WvW rewards when I don’t WvW either. Not that I was going to complain since it allowed me to get ascended trinkets cheaper, or get a Gift of Battle without ever battling.

I liked getting those skins too. Because of those chests, I basically got the Volcanus skin for free :P

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I was disappointed with this change as well. I used to look forward to my AP chests, but now it’s about as exciting as opening a champ bag…. in other words… not at all.

Yeah, just got my 9.000 chest .. and it really felt just like a champ bag

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Hamfast.8719

Doesn’t feel much like we’re being rewarded for our Achievements anymore, does it? Admittedly, this was a smaller chest, but…

• I got a WvW seige engine (I don’t WvW… I usually go there and drop these in the lobby for one of my server mates to have).
  • I got an XP Booster. Relatively useless, as 6 of my 8 characters are at 80 already.
  • I got a Revive Orb. About the only use I’ve ever had for one was jumping off of Rata Sum and then reviving myself for the experience of being thrown in their jail.
  • I got 5 Mystic Forge Stones. I don’t use the Mystic Toilet much, so these just add to my large pile.
  • And I got 2 Gold. Woo-hoo!

Yes, it is a variety of things. Just nothing for me. But aren’t there things that most anyone can get use from? Suggestions for ANet anyone? Maybe CLAIM TICKETS for the reward of your choice? (Not necessarily Black Lion Weapon tickets).

I like my rewards to feel rewarding. I want to look forward to an upcoming reward!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Too late, they’ve been nerfed already.
(Remember when we use to get loads of karma? Peppridge Farm remembers )

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Too late, they’ve been nerfed already.
(Remember when we use to get loads of karma? Peppridge Farm remembers )

that peppridge farm comment made me giggle

Guhracie.3419

Doesn’t feel much like we’re being rewarded for our Achievements anymore, does it? Admittedly, this was a smaller chest, but…

• I got a WvW seige engine (I don’t WvW… I usually go there and drop these in the lobby for one of my server mates to have).
  • I got an XP Booster. Relatively useless, as 6 of my 8 characters are at 80 already.
  • I got a Revive Orb. About the only use I’ve ever had for one was jumping off of Rata Sum and then reviving myself for the experience of being thrown in their jail.
  • I got 5 Mystic Forge Stones. I don’t use the Mystic Toilet much, so these just add to my large pile.
  • And I got 2 Gold. Woo-hoo!

Yes, it is a variety of things. Just nothing for me. But aren’t there things that most anyone can get use from? Suggestions for ANet anyone? Maybe CLAIM TICKETS for the reward of your choice? (Not necessarily Black Lion Weapon tickets).

I like my rewards to feel rewarding. I want to look forward to an upcoming reward!

Off-topic, but look up the recipe for Mystic Salvage Kit. Your pile of stones will dwindle, and you’re welcome.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I too miss the free skins. I just got my 16k achievement chest and it felt very lackluster. I’d love a little box with a random assortment of 5-6 skins from throughout the game….throw in some of the now removed PvP skins and (almost) everyone is happy

Doggie.3184

Well I reached 15000 and got 400 gems, makeover kit n 30g. If only more gave those. :x They are mostly 1-2g a laurel and a buncha boosters otherwise. I’d agree with just throwing in random skin unlocks. :o Maybe it doesn’t even need an item to be part of it, just direct wardrobe unlocks.

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Many people seem to be worried about not getting anymore skins. PvP reward tracks give skins.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Doggie.3184

Many people seem to be worried about not getting anymore skins. PvP reward tracks give skins.

But everything being 5v5 tournament mode now for hotjoin is boring and full of waiting for games to end to join and custom ones for deathmatch/10v10/etc aren’t always available (and sometimes abused by admin). If I wanted to do that I’d just solo que tournament. Those changes pretty much killed the upside of tracks being added for me personally.