Were Bounty Mission targets buffed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

Like by a couple thousand percent!?

Shortly after the update that introduced the Guild Missions my guild did a level 3 bounty mission with about 12 or 13 people (most of whom were well geared 80s). It wasn’t a pushover, but it wasn’t that difficult either. About what I’d expect from a lvl 3 mission.

Last night my guild did another lvl 3 bounty mission. We had 15 people, all 80s and all very well geared. Exotic everything, weapons, armor, trinkets, etc. Several had legendaries. The bounty mission results? We found the targets easily enough. The fight? Not even close! Many of us would die in seconds, wp and run back, others would die run back. Everyone died several times over. We may have gotten one of the targets to about 50%. In the end everyone wiped at once and the mission failed. Has anyone downed these guys recently without a big zerg?

These bounty mission targets need to be nerfed significantly!

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Meadfreek.6789)

Posted by: Zyphent.2967

Zyphent.2967

Depends which target, some of them have actual mechanics.

For example if you just zerg Half Baked Komali you will not kill him, you first need to use boon removal to get rid of his stability, then have someone with a knockback hit him with it, this will remove his fire shield and he can then be fought like normal. If you try to just zerg and bash his face in, he only takes something like 10% of incoming damage total while his fire shield is up, and theres no way you’ll kill him even with 50 people.

Other bosses have similar mechanics to watch out for too, they’re not all just “Run in and bash in their face” bosses.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

I partly agree with OP. I partly agree with Zyphent.

I had done several t3 bounties in the early days, as my guild unlocked them ASAP with 300G+ in influence.

Half Baked Komali? Joke. We owned him hard.

Fast forward to last week.

Half Baked Komali. OWNED US. OWNED. We started with about 8 on him, they needed help so we sent our guild, 20 people or so to come help. OWNED US. everyones dying. I spam healing seed pods to get rid of fire. Still. Only at 50 percent HP. couldnt kill him before timer.

Stealh buff imo.

I like your tactics, but I dont understand. So wait, he has stability, you need to remove it, then knockback once to remove fire shield? Please post more detailed tactics on how to beat him, it would be great.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Anyone else thinking that Komali is ANet’s subtle way of trying to get the Meta thinking about how to deal with D/D bunker eles?

Posted by: Zyphent.2967

Zyphent.2967

I partly agree with OP. I partly agree with Zyphent.

I had done several t3 bounties in the early days, as my guild unlocked them ASAP with 300G+ in influence.

Half Baked Komali? Joke. We owned him hard.

Fast forward to last week.

Half Baked Komali. OWNED US. OWNED. We started with about 8 on him, they needed help so we sent our guild, 20 people or so to come help. OWNED US. everyones dying. I spam healing seed pods to get rid of fire. Still. Only at 50 percent HP. couldnt kill him before timer.

Stealh buff imo.

I like your tactics, but I dont understand. So wait, he has stability, you need to remove it, then knockback once to remove fire shield? Please post more detailed tactics on how to beat him, it would be great.

His basic tactics are as follows:
If his flame shield is up, he takes SIGNIFICANTLY less damage, you need to remove it if you want to kill him, also attacking him while it is up gives him might stacks and stability, you need to get someone with boon removal (Necro for example) to remove the boons, his stability and defiance and all that, at that point he will be able to be knocked down, any knockdowns you do will remove his fire shield, and he’ll take normal damage and melt like any other boss. Repeat once his shield is back up.

Like I said, he isn’t the only one you cant just zerg, one of the new bounties, Big Mayna or something like that will eat people and then jump around so you cant hit her, you need to stay at range and dodge when she goes to eat you. Cant just run in swinging swords and expect to win.

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

You cannot- CANNOT- zerg Komali, 2-MULT, or Tarban. I don’t know about Big Mayana but apparently her too! Asking for help and scaling him up with 20 people from your guild was a huge misstep- though of course I understand the instinct. 8 players is just about perfect to take him down.

Null Field and the thief trait Bountiful Theft can be really useful for taking off the stability to knock him/pull him out of his fire shield.

Just wanted to voice a “definitely, definitely not!” on this point.

Learning the mechanics of each of the bounty fights is important and will continue to become more important over time. 2-MULT is the most complex fight so far. Good luck!

(edited by Hawkian.6580)

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Trick bosses in non-timed instances, ok. But trick bosses out in the open while on a timer may be pushing it a bit far.

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

I don’t think the boss mechanics were entirely to blame. Besides, I thought finding the target (i.e. having most or all of the zone’s wps and occasionally having to fight the zone’s inhabitants as well) was the main point. Not plunking a dungeon boss, with all the associated mechanics, in the open world on a timer.

However, does anyone have a page that details the strategy for each bounty target?

(Other than and more detailed than dulfy.net. He has great info on pathing. Not so much on strategies.)

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Meadfreek.6789)

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

There weren’t any stealth buffs to the existing bounty targets. Some of the newer targets, however, are more punishing if you try to ignore the mechanics of the fight.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Anthony, I think you may be omitting certain truths! Try the following and you, too, will see the changes!

• All targets no longer stop when you talk to them, preventing you from holding them at a location.
  • Targets that are acquired by interacting with an object, like Sotzz and breaking his barrels, now reset after ~1m or so from when they are released, preventing you from scouting them entirely.
[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

• Correct. We removed the holding of targets. I’m not sure why that didn’t make it into the patch notes. This isn’t really a buff to the targets themselves, however.
  • Sottz’s behavior was bugged. What was actually happening is that he would be spawned in a really hard to find spot, which made people think that he was bugged. Now he will reset if not engaged, which also respawns all the barrels. This should make it easier to sweep through sectors and determine if they have been searched recently

Rising Dusk.2408

Glad to hear the locking change wasn’t accidental, though I must admit that it makes things marginally more difficult.

I posted in the other thread, but I think the 1 minute reset time for Sotzz is very punishing. It’s not enough time for a guild to link it in guild chat and for everyone to load in before he resets. I think he should reset after something like 10 minutes, instead.

A more preferable alternative, in my opinion, would be to make him more like Alder “Wildman”, which is to say you would be able to tell which barrel he’s in without destroying it (and thus activating his reset timer). In this way, you could still bring people together before activating the boss and risking him resetting.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Henqquli.5078

Henqquli.5078

Uh, last week we did the bookwarm in about 2-3 minutes.
This week we had about 30 left before it would escape.
Yes, we started both fights with him.
And on second time, we had more people there.
Are you sure there was no buffs? Because it looks like bookworm skritt has been buffed.

Posted by: Tilion.4062

Tilion.4062

So Sottz is bugged on Aurora Glade right? Was looking for him for about 3 hours without even spotting a single barrel…

~~ DragonSeason.com ~~

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Glad to hear the locking change wasn’t accidental, though I must admit that it makes things marginally more difficult.

I posted in the other thread, but I think the 1 minute reset time for Sotzz is very punishing. It’s not enough time for a guild to link it in guild chat and for everyone to load in before he resets. I think he should reset after something like 10 minutes, instead.

A more preferable alternative, in my opinion, would be to make him more like Alder “Wildman”, which is to say you would be able to tell which barrel he’s in without destroying it (and thus activating his reset timer). In this way, you could still bring people together before activating the boss and risking him resetting.

Sotzz’s despawn timer is NOT 1 minute. It is less, exactly how much less I don’t know.

I just did this right now. I smashed open a barrel after it was already 5:26, he despawned before 5:27. It wasn’t my guild doing the bounty so I couldn’t activate. It doesn’t have to be 10 minutes but currently it seems like Sotzz despawns after 30 seconds.

If my guild WAS doing it then it would have sucked if it despawned just because I didn’t want to solo him.

The fact that the barrels have a point blank render distance seems over the top but I don’t know if that part is new.

So Sottz is bugged on Aurora Glade right? Was looking for him for about 3 hours without even spotting a single barrel…

You might be missing them because they are extremely hard to see. The labels show up before the barrel and there are a million other barrel shaped things on that map when viewed from a distance.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Tilion.4062

@Khisanth I was holding control while looking at every bit of the map.

~~ DragonSeason.com ~~

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

There weren’t any stealth buffs to the existing bounty targets. Some of the newer targets, however, are more punishing if you try to ignore the mechanics of the fight.

Lies! :P

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bounty-Scaling/first#post1710635

EDIT: Tilion.4062, They aren’t enemies, they’re allies until engaged. I opt to enable NPC names under options. That lets me see them farther away, and sometimes before their star shows up.

(edited by Pennry.9215)

Khisanth.2948

I have found that holding control for searching objects in general to be pretty bad, not just Sotzz’s barrels. If you are holding control and turning, the objects that come into view do not always show up. What this means is that for best result you have to spam your control key.

Also make sure you check all the caves. There are at least seven on the map. Nine if you include the mini dungeon and jumping puzzle but there should be no barrels in those two because that would be a <insert your favorite expletive> move by the devs.

Edit: since I am still mapping out their locations. It turns out control is COMPLETELY USELESS for seeing the barrels. You have run close enough to see one.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: thevalliant.4563

thevalliant.4563

This is getting weirder and more frustrating by the patch, but I’ll ask the question anyway: suppose 2 guilds are each running their own individual bounties. A member of guild A discovers Sotzz and fails to engage him, so after X-time he de-spawns, causing ALL the barrels in the area to respawn. Where does that leave guild B, whose members may already have gone through half the barrels in GF without any luck, only to see them ALL respawn again?

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I think the best thing they could do to make bounties more engaging is to significantly shorten the paths that most bosses take on their respective maps. It would make it easier on smaller guilds, put the focus on the fight more than the mindless search, remove some of the RNG from the process and alleviate respawn concerns considerably.

Posted by: thevalliant.4563

thevalliant.4563

I have already posted a couple of ideas that would make the bounties more entairtaining, but that’s not the topic here. The point is that Sotzz is, plain and clear, bugged and just not good enough and has to be reworked or removed. This whole despawn on timer concept just makes things worst.

Khisanth.2948

I have found that holding control for searching objects in general to be pretty bad, not just Sotzz’s barrels. If you are holding control and turning, the objects that come into view do not always show up. What this means is that for best result you have to spam your control key.

Also make sure you check all the caves. There are at least seven on the map. Nine if you include the mini dungeon and jumping puzzle but there should be no barrels in those two because that would be a <insert your favorite expletive> move by the devs.

Edit: since I am still mapping out their locations. It turns out control is COMPLETELY USELESS for seeing the barrels. You have run close enough to see one.

Maybe a picture would better explain what I mean. The picture on the right side is just 1 step forward from the left side. This is without touching control. It seems like the best way to search for barrels is to constantly sweep your mouse over the screen.

The current timer means a sufficiently malicious or simply ignorant or “overly helpful” person can simply run around the map smashing all the barrels. This can easily force the bounty to fail for any guild attempting to do it.

The malicious person can simply remain silent while the other two can report the location. However even if the location is reported, it is not likely anyone from the relevant guild will get there in time given communication overhead.

Attachments:

Tilion.4062

Question: Do barrels respawn at any given time? Because there are no barrels at all on my server. :/

~~ DragonSeason.com ~~

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

To be totally honest with the changes Anet has admitted too, we need more time now, 15 minutes is too short, especially coordinating 50-100 players etc…

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Learning the mechanics of each of the bounty fights is important and will continue to become more important over time. 2-MULT is the most complex fight so far. Good luck!

Scaling issues isn’t the same as a fair fight. If you HAVE to fight a bounty with only 8 people that will leave out alot of people that actually want the reward and such.

So in a sense, and I know people are going to be completely ignorant and rage over it, It needs to be “nerfed”/fixed so that it doesn’t scale up like crazy.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Ahkaskar.3906

Ahkaskar.3906

My guild just attempted 4 bounties, first two were tier 2, last two were tier 1. We failed all of them, due to the way these new bosses work. We’re a smaller guild and we have maybe 10 people available total for these, and we had enough trouble finding these targets before. Prior to this patch, if we pulled Tricksy Trekksa, we usually assumed that would be the last one to be found. This latest patch has made things far more complicated.

We managed to pull Yanonka 3 times in a row and couldn’t figure out how to get the target to spawn even once. We ran around interacting with suspicious rats for at least half an hour with zero results. Then on the last attempt we got both Mayana AND Yanonka, which are both targets with searches that are heavy on the false positives. As we had given up on actually getting any merits for the week, we decided to focus on Mayana so any remaining guildies could get their weekly chest. It took 11 minutes to find them, and when we finally did between our guild and any others that showed up, we had no way of defeating them in time. (Not to mention, since their appearance is randomized you can’t have enough people ready to start the encounter present at the tree they drop out of, as they IMMEDIATELY go into combat)

It took us long enough to get the target to half HP, that by then we had another guild show up and a few extra players who were just in the area, which made the event scale beyond our means. We had just figured out the strategy too, but it had become impossible to coordinate and we could no longer see the boss’s HP drain in anything other than mere pixels at a time. Some of us play some fairly durable characters too, and we could barely stand up to the target’s attacks. We ended up spending a lot of time and effort reviving each other, which makes res-rushing from a WP seem like the only viable strategy.

The scaling taking place in these isn’t new to this patch, and I don’t feel like there were any stealth buffs. However, with the way these scale, it feels like guilds need to be selfish, putting an upper limit on the number of players engaging each target, taking into account any other players who happen upon the encounter. We can fight them with 4 people, but once it gets to 10 or higher a lot of us are going to start incurring repair bills. Basically I don’t feel like asking more players to come help or working with another guild is going to help us, it’s just going to make the fights a lot harder. It doesn’t promote any sense of community this way, just selfishness.

I do enjoy some of the coordination and mechanics required to fight these targets, in a fundamental sense. However I feel like they are even more complicated than dungeon bosses, which coupled with the tight time limit is exceptionally frustrating. You can’t guarantee that everyone out in the open world (or even in your guild) will understand or even listen to your orders. We’ve had players reset sotzz’s defiance stacks with stuns because they don’t completely understand the system. But we need these players there because the bounties function on throwing as many bodies as possible at locating them in the first place. We also can’t guarantee that we have the means necessary to use the mechanic. Last week I took 5 other guildies to fight Komali, and I realized when we got there the only one of us who could employ ANY boon removal whatsoever was a necromancer with 5 second duration well. And we still couldn’t pull the shield off them, especially after PUGs started showing up.

Take what I’m saying with a grain of salt, I’m admittedly flustered as I’m the one who coordinates the bounties for my guild. I’m the one who has to drum up enthusiasm to spend up to an hour running around looking for NPCs without the possibility of getting a reward. I also get all the complaints from my guildmates, who are at least as frustrated as I am. Before this patch, we were at least managing to get a tier 1 complete every week. After this patch, with these new bosses, everyone is feeling very defeated, which is going to make it harder for me to get everyone online to try again in the coming week. People don’t like to sign in and waste over an hour losing, especially to RNG and mechanics out of their hands. They would simply rather just not sign in at that point.

Suggestions:

• Scaling needs an upper limit. Encounters cease to be fun after 10 or 15 people become involved.
  • Searching needs to be more consistent. A group of 5 needs to be able to find these targets within 5-10 minutes and these new targets introduce too much RNG and false-positives into the equation. Otherwise, we need more time.
  • Mechanics based around target invulnerability, damage reduction, or even dealing large enough amounts of damage to affect a target’s immense, scaling pool of HP need to be actually idiot and/or grief-proof.

My apologies for the long post, but things have really come to a head tonight.

(edited by Ahkaskar.3906)

Posted by: Rylar.4807

Rylar.4807

I’m actually in a similar situation to Ahkaskar. We ran our third guild bounties night last night, with a team of 15, and it was mainly an exercise in frustration and disappointment. I think the idea is amazing, some of the bosses are really fun and when it goes well, the mad rush to find and defeat them is pretty cool. We did our first one successfully last week, and it was pretty darn cool when it went well.

However, this week was a pretty poor showing. We drew Sotzz twice in a row. TWICE. And I can only conclude that he is actually bugging out sometimes. At least three times, he spawned for someone out of the barrel, then despawned before they could even talk to him, let alone start combat. We managed to fight him once, and figured out his mechanics but ran out of time on our bounty. When we drew him the second time in a row, it was 15 minutes of (somewhat halfhearted at this point) wandering around looking for barrels where occasionally someone would find him and he would bug out (despawn before anyone could even start dialog with him). We didn’t even get to try to fight him that time. And that was it. Good luck getting a group enthused for another try after that. I get that we could be more efficient looking for him, once we learn the spawn areas and stuff, but to have him bug out when we find him like that was just demoralizing.

I also appreciate that you are trying to incorporate fun mechanics into these bosses. The only issue is that the fights are open to anyone who comes along. So what do you do when a second guild shows up that doesn’t know the fight, and starts screwing up your defiance removal on Sotzz or stacking might onto Kamali. I like that these fights are out in the open world, but you really have to make them idiot-bypasser proof in some way.

Hawkian.6580

Scaling issues isn’t the same as a fair fight. If you HAVE to fight a bounty with only 8 people that will leave out alot of people that actually want the reward and such.

So in a sense, and I know people are going to be completely ignorant and rage over it, It needs to be “nerfed”/fixed so that it doesn’t scale up like crazy.

No, this isn’t a good reason at all.

1. You don’t HAVE to fight a bounty, any bounty, with 8 people. Komali can be done with 5, probably 4, or 10, or probably 12. He just becomes more difficult as you start ramping the numbers up, and thus to ensure that your guild completes the bounty successfully you should prepare for this. Technically, he could be done with 30 extremely coordinated people, who understood not to attack him in his fire shield until he gets pulled out of it. But in practice that many people will just shoot first, and it’s better to organize around that.

2. It’s up to your guild management to ensure that everyone that gets their commendations for the week. First of all, even in a T1 Bounty, there are two targets to choose from. It’s pretty unlikely that you’ll get two of the “anti-Zerg” bounties at once. Many of them reward zerging just fine, and most of them are at least doable if not the most efficient the more people you have. With a t3 the opportunities to get a kill for the personal rewards increase. It’s a good idea to offer “makeup” runs during the week for any members that didn’t get their commendations or missed an event. The potential for unlimited people not being able to get their rewards from a given bounty is a terrible reason to change the design of that bounty.

3. The Guild Missions aren’t about the personal rewards. Yes, I’m glad the rewards are good, and it’s nice that those who participate get something individual for their effort. But the guild missions are about accomplishing something together you wouldn’t be able to accomplish alone. ArenaNet can’t design around your argument because it’s not about each person in your guild, it’s about our guild. That’s why Merits are a currency of the guild itself and not an item. The Guild Leader can’t just ditch a guild and take the Merits with him, they stay with the guild. Coordinating and succeeding together is key, even and especially if that means sending a specific team to kill certain bounties.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

but claiming stealth buffs and updates makes us failers feel better about ourselfs c;

Hawkian.6580

Komali just wrecked my groups of 5- couldn’t get the shield off at all, though we did last weekend. Very weird, not necessarily a stealth buff, but maybe a bug. I’ll need to read up on it and see if I’m missing anything.

Posted by: Galk the Bloody.4629

Galk the Bloody.4629

Had a group of 10 to fight teesa twice, wasn’t even close. This is what I’ve been working my kitten off for? As a guild leader of 70 players i feel like i want my time/gold back and an apology. Guild missions have let me down to the point where i well know longer speak highly of gw2, hell im not going to speak of it at all.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

but claiming stealth buffs and updates makes us failers feel better about ourselfs c;

Actually I like to see more of these “anti-zerg” mechanics in dungeons rather than profession nerfs, thus fewer 2xguardians 3xwarriors parties in any given situation.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

Posted by: Dalgar.6721

Dalgar.6721

We got Komali tonight and lost, tactics weren’t the reason either, random warrior wandering through the zone kept attacking and getting the might stacks up. We were asking him to stop and it was like talking to a brick wall.

I like that it isn’t a zerg fight, really I do, but when one dimwit can ruin the fight for an entire guild something is suspect.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

We got Komali tonight and lost, tactics weren’t the reason either, random warrior wandering through the zone kept attacking and getting the might stacks up. We were asking him to stop and it was like talking to a brick wall.

I like that it isn’t a zerg fight, really I do, but when one dimwit can ruin the fight for an entire guild something is suspect.

Vice Versa, one necro can turn the tide (for once). Just saying

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Rylar.4807

I’m going to add my voice to the Komali-related frustration. While the tactics I’ve seen posted for that fight seem pretty do-able, we could not, for the life of us, get the fire shield off. Two different guild groups had convened on him at the same time, and without coordination in teamspeak, it seemed like his stability and might kept coming back, never mind that a poorly timed attack from either side gave him some 35 stacks of defiant, making cc pretty much impossible. Add to that the fact that we were both on our timer, and needed to kill him, but were unintentionally griefing each other by increasing the difficulty of the fight. I’m sure the whole encounter left a bad taste in everyone’s mouth.

From the description, I imagine his fight is fun and do-able with a small group, and would be pretty cool in an instance or on a low-population server where it is less likely that large groups like this will wind up with the same target. I hope the devs will give him a second look – it is unfortunate when the design of a fight makes me unhappy to see other players, when the rest of the game is so nicely designed to have the opposite effect.

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

I am indeed giving him a second look. What’s likely to happen is that the fire shield will apply a negative effect to the person who made the mistake instead of hurting the entire group.

Rising Dusk.2408

While we’re on the subject of ridiculous bounties, can we talk about Diplomat Tarban?

We had him last night, and while we succeeded, it was a totally miserable experience. Attacking him inflicts stacks of confusion, he inflicts stacks of confusion in aoes, and really, he just spams confusion. Given that confusion deals damage when you attempt to res someone, too, you can kill yourself just trying to pick people up. Literally the only way to avoid confusion that gets reapplied that frequently is, you guessed it, to do absolutely nothing and just stand there! I don’t really mind his mechanics all that much, I just want to see the number of confusion stacks toned down so that more than half the fight isn’t spent waiting for stacks to wear off before you attack him. No amount of condition cleansing bar condition immunity can really contend with the number of stacks he drops.

Posted by: Iris.5918

Iris.5918

This is getting weirder and more frustrating by the patch, but I’ll ask the question anyway: suppose 2 guilds are each running their own individual bounties. A member of guild A discovers Sotzz and fails to engage him, so after X-time he de-spawns, causing ALL the barrels in the area to respawn. Where does that leave guild B, whose members may already have gone through half the barrels in GF without any luck, only to see them ALL respawn again?

Exactly! This is what happened to us this weekend and this is really infuriating.

Rylar.4807

I am indeed giving him a second look. What’s likely to happen is that the fire shield will apply a negative effect to the person who made the mistake instead of hurting the entire group.

Thank-you Anthony! We’re mostly having fun with the bounty hunts, so I’m glad to hear they’re still getting polished more. I can only imagine all the unintended interactions that occur when you have 4 or 5 guilds all hunting a bounty at once.

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Before the 4 new guys introduced we used to be able to do T3 with 4mins left. Atleast 3 of the new guild missions added require 10ish people to do it under the 4-5 min timer to get away, combine that with Sottz and the Yanonka spawn possibilities our guild has failed T3 for the last 2 attempts. We usually have 18-25 guys do the bounty and scout all bounties. We then assign parties of 5-8 to target each and work down the list & we know the mechanics but it seems we need north of 30-35 people to be able to do it and get lucky enough not to get Sottz or Yanonka because those two spawn points are TOOO many and require north of 50 scouts.

Please look into making the fights unique and tough instead of making the scouting and finding the bounties the hard part and WASTE of time. Usually spend 1 hr minimum to find the stupid bounties to be able to do T3 with 20ish people. Gotten to the point where guild is like why bother.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

(edited by Luvpie.8350)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Had a group of 10 to fight teesa twice, wasn’t even close. This is what I’ve been working my kitten off for? As a guild leader of 70 players i feel like i want my time/gold back and an apology. Guild missions have let me down to the point where i well know longer speak highly of gw2, hell im not going to speak of it at all.

My guild got and killed Teesa today. We had about fifteen people there. There was a lot of rezzing going on, but we were able to take her down, and still had ten minutes left to finish the other bounty. We only did Tier 1 today.

I can understand you being frustrated, but Teesa isn’t impossible. And guild missions weren’t meant to be easy. You weren’t meant to succeed every time.

Mind you some of it is just plain ridiculous like Sottz. I’ve watched some pretty big guilds wipe on Komali as well.

But Teesa is definitely doable.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

No, this isn’t a good reason at all.

Your reasons are trying to justify for bad scaling, but there are no good reasons to do so. It should be as possible AND as hard with a large amount of people as it is with a small amount of people.

That doesn’t mean “anti-zerg”, that means including everyone who wants to join in , be able to join in. Anti-zerging is not a good thing to implement on these bosses, simply because people want to do these things together as a huge group of people. Simple.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I used Arcane Thievery on Half-Baked but it never removed his stability.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Adding my voice to the frustrated Komali mix and to Diplomat Tarban.

Posted by: ThePedroKid.2580

ThePedroKid.2580

I would also like to add my voice to the growing list of concerned players about the Guild Bounty missions specifically.

My points are simple:

• The Guild Bounty missions feel broken. Many of the targets (some expressed in this thread) simply do not provide a fair or reasonable chance of success given time constraints. Not due to the complexity of the fight mechanics from a guild point of view, but due to the random and buggy nature of their spawning and the added difficulty that occurs if pugs who are oblivious join in. Educating pugs (not accounting for griefers) is not coordination… It’s frustration.
• In their current form, bounties are un-fun. It just feels like stress and makes many of our members simply not want to participate.
• The rewards for missions, in general, are extremely subpar for the amount of time, effort and coordination they require. Guild Trek does not even give a single commendation or any loot! For a player, it’s more advantages to avoid missions and focus on world bosses.

Top of the head solutions:

1) Start by increasing the time allowed for bounties from 15minutes to 1 hour. Leave the mechanics and randomness, but let guilds have a fair chance at dealing with them. Challenging but everyone gets to work together and they do what they are meant to do… build guild community.
2) Nerf mechanics on the ‘problem’ mobs and identify targets on the map with a marker once the banner is activated (not the target). Then, goals are clear and fun.
3) Combination of the above as necessary but make the missions instanced so pugs can not grief or disrupt the success of them.

Please take this into consideration, Anthony, as in their current state these bounties are simply not fun. I urge you to re-evaluate and make them more friendly and fun.

On another note, Guild Rush is great. They are challenging and interesting and most of all fun. Good job on those. Trek is great also as it brings the guild together and focused quickly… The only downside being the complete lack of reward.

Thank you.

Stark.1350

It’s clear to me they were buffed a great deal.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

While we’re on the subject of ridiculous bounties, can we talk about Diplomat Tarban?

We had him last night, and while we succeeded, it was a totally miserable experience. Attacking him inflicts stacks of confusion, he inflicts stacks of confusion in aoes, and really, he just spams confusion. Given that confusion deals damage when you attempt to res someone, too, you can kill yourself just trying to pick people up. Literally the only way to avoid confusion that gets reapplied that frequently is, you guessed it, to do absolutely nothing and just stand there! I don’t really mind his mechanics all that much, I just want to see the number of confusion stacks toned down so that more than half the fight isn’t spent waiting for stacks to wear off before you attack him. No amount of condition cleansing bar condition immunity can really contend with the number of stacks he drops.

This is a good one to (obviously) take condition removal/transfer/transmute skills to. The necro wells that change conditions to boons, Null Fields, even Arcane Thievery are all nice to take along for example. You can’t simply attack them to death. You need to use your utilities and think about how and when to use them.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Stark.1350

So now we need to spec a certain way and make sure the right classes are even online before attempting these? Are we joking here?

Another sign the targets were buffed: Devious Tessa. In previous weeks, a few people would go down on her pull-ins. Lately, she’s been dropping people like flies.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

So now we need to spec a certain way and make sure the right classes are even online before attempting these? Are we joking here?

Another sign the targets were buffed: Devious Tessa. In previous weeks, a few people would go down on her pull-ins. Lately, she’s been dropping people like flies.

Spec a certain way? No, use your freakin’ skills like they’re meant to be used. Utilities are there to be swapped out depending on the situation. We did T2 last night with 15 of us on, got done in plenty of time. Felix was one of them… man, that dude’s fire shield… but we did it not by turning off the brains and spamming “1” over and over but by using our skills that best helped in the situation. Personally on my mesmer I went with Null Field, Arcane Thievery and Feedback as utilities.

Dang it… Moa! Can he be turned into a Moa? I need to try that out next time…

#TeamJadeQuarry

Stark.1350

Oh right, so the two mesmers and necro that were there, that were doing just that and nothing was happening, must be playing wrong. My bad. Felix is one of the easier targets.