Were Bounty Mission targets buffed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shalien.9018

Shalien.9018

Ironically, Guild Bounty tier 3 is WAY more difficult than a Guild Challenge. Depending on the targets of course.

Shalien Ascendant [SL]
Sanctum of Rall
Check out our Recruitment Video

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Oh right, so the two mesmers and necro that were there, that were doing just that and nothing was happening, must be playing wrong. My bad. Felix is one of the easier targets.

…. Somewhere in a corner, all alone, the point sits sobbing silently at the pain of being missed completely.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Utilities were being used on Komali. They were not working. Please leave the thread, troll.

Portal is a utility. I could use that on Komali. Gee… no effect. He wouldn’t take it. Sigh…

The point is, there are a variety of utilities that can be used to support your allies as well as attack the bad guys. I use null field, for example, on allies to give them a nice window of attack where they’re not taking the conditions while doing so. The necro well is even better, turning conditions you may suffer into boons. It isn’t about simply using things on Komali, for example. What are you using on your allies, and when?

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Bookworm was definetly buffed. He wasn’t one shotting everyone in sight when we last fought him. It makes a nice challenge, but was a bit of a shock.
Also, the frost buff making him immune wasn’t consistent with when he could or couldn’t take damage, makiing him near impossible to fight him. Possible bug, I don’t know, but we couldn’t time our attacks and damage him enough to kill him because of it

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is a good one to (obviously) take condition removal/transfer/transmute skills to. The necro wells that change conditions to boons, Null Fields, even Arcane Thievery are all nice to take along for example. You can’t simply attack them to death. You need to use your utilities and think about how and when to use them.

Yes, those are obvious, and we used all of those. The problems are:

• AOE limit of 5 means some people don’t get the benefits and thus get ravaged anyway
  • The confusion refreshes on attacking him or when he does anything to you, and factoring in the first point, it means you can’t possibly keep all conditions off of everyone

The problem with this bounty is that he is far easier with a smaller group than a bigger one. It would behoove you to not assume that any arbitrary issue with a boss is a L2 kitten ue; I can assure you that I and the people I play with are quite good at that. I genuinely feel that this target is overtuned, lacks appropriate tells, and lacks appropriate ways to mitigate damage against. (Seriously, you only have so many condition removals, and this boss also loves to cover his confusion with other conditions)

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

Posted by: Misty Red Rose.9320

Misty Red Rose.9320

So, imagine you are relatively new to GW and you come across this big boss fight. Yay! That’s what’s it’s all about, taking on these big fights and taking down a powerful boss, and helping out this guild in the process. But, oh no! Wait… Why are these players screaming at me and even cursing at me? What’s this about knock-backs, boon removals, hit only at a certain time? Someone just asked you to just leave the area entirely. And blah, blah, blah. Yeah, if the idea is for players to help one another and keep the game friendly, then Komali is a HUGE fail in that regard. How are average players suppose to know some of the intricacies of some of these bosses in the open world? Seriously. The time limits and specific professions you must have make some of them a guaranteed fail. Every time.

I helped a small guild who was trying to do a guild training and they got him twice and we failed both times. Ditto, our own guild got him in two back to back guild runs and failed both times. And yes, we knew what to do; it just wasn’t working. You can’t imagine the level of frustration in both guilds. Some of these bosses are taking all the fun out of the bounty hunts, and I can see the enthusiasm begin to wane….