Werewolves for Halloween?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Q:

Are we getting werewolves in our Halloween trick-or-treat bags this year?

It’s pretty obvious to everyone and their grandmum that the next Living Story update will be Halloween related. This is based on the date 10/15/2013 being the next one and the following is on 10/29/2013 (only 3 days of Halloween? Ya, …that would be lame).

The preview image is already up on the website [and on the bottom of this post]. It looks less like a zombie, which we already have in-game occupying the entirety of Orr. Instead speculation squares it off as a Werewolf. But are they canon in the Guild Wars universe?

First thing that comes to mind is the Become the Wolf ability that Norn have. That’s not really werewolf, though instead it’s an imbued aspect by a Spirit. That’s the only lore based information I could find on anything related to humans turning into wolf creatures.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/108840/30fff10-15_NextHero_EN.jpg

Attachments:

(edited by Siphaed.9235)

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

What’s the point in getting excited about fun possibilities when it’ll be yet another letdown?..

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

It could just be a really hairy guy, don’t be so inconsiderate!

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

It could just be a really hairy guy, don’t be so inconsiderate!

I did consider that, but it just wouldn’t fit. I also considered “Monkey King”, based on the staff in the background. But the head just doesn’t quite fit properly, I don’t think; there’s also the issue with there not being a tail, visually speaking.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

What’s the point in getting excited about fun possibilities when it’ll be yet another letdown?..

I can’t for the life of me, figure out why you’re still here? As disappointing as you say this game is, I would think you had something better to do. The fact that you continue to disapoint yourself on a daily basis leads me to believe that you really have nothing else to do.

Seriously?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

That could just be a dark furred Charr… I know it barely resembles a Charr, it doesn’t look semi-ret!arded and hunch backed after all. But Arenanet’s advertising art is better known for it’s stylizations than it’s accuracy.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

That could just be a dark furred Charr… I know it barely resembles a Charr, it doesn’t look semi-ret!arded and hunch backed after all. But Arenanet’s advertising art is better known for it’s stylizations than it’s accuracy.

What about a WereChar!?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

looks sylvari to me

Draco.2806

I can’t for the life of me, figure out why you’re still here?

Did no one ever teach you not to stalk people?

What about a WereChar!?

Too awesome. Not happening.

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

That hairstyle looks like Canach. And also, he has changed his look in the past based on his mood (like most Sylvari do I believe). Although this version looks to have that “undead”/zombie look.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

(edited by phaneo.4597)

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Necromorphs for halloween?

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I can’t for the life of me, figure out why you’re still here? As disappointing as you say this game is, I would think you had something better to do. The fact that you continue to disapoint yourself on a daily basis leads me to believe that you really have nothing else to do.

Seriously?

They do kind of have a point . You’re hyping yourself up over a stylized picture .
Remember not that long ago when people were " OMG MOUNTS!!!!" over the Flame and Frost art? See how that turned out ? I’m not saying warewolves won’t happen im just saying its better to have a wait and see attitude about it .

Draco.2806

Optimist, pessimist, realist. Looks like we’ve got all bases covered on this topic. Good work.