What About Those Who Like To Farm?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daelin.6782

Daelin.6782

Hi all,

So I know Arenanet has made it clear how they hate grind and farming, but what about some of us players who enjoy farming? What about some of us who enjoying defending a point against the hordes? What about those who enjoy killing wave after wave of enemies, which fuel our fun and our wallets…

I was never a fan of champion farming trains in Queensdale – I had way more fun defending Orr against the undead. I guess you could call it large-scale PvE, where you and other players would stand against hordes of mobs.

I don’t know if I’m alone in my tastes, but I actually like farming. Does anyone else feel the same?

We literally have nothing to do now except WvW.

(edited by Daelin.6782)

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I never did champ train on queensdale either, except when kryta events or group events were a daily.

But people seemed to really enjoy the champ train. People were doing that champ train back when champs dropped greens, not bags.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

There are other champion trains on other higher level zones. You can switch to a World Boss schedule if you want. I did.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

the only way they currently believe you should be able to make uncapped money is via trading.
and the cap on earning is not meant to be high

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

There’s bound to be other farming options out there. People just had no reason to go find them. I think Woodenpotatoes has some videos of him organizing “unpopular” farms. Maybe one of those will become the next big thing.

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

The problem with developers stating that they do not want players grinding or farming is that they then need to produce a non-grindy way for players to achieve coveted items. IMO there seem to be two extremes in this game: some items are entirely easy to get and other items require a lot of intensive farming to get the gold to obtain. Players with a particular “skill” set have a bit more trouble making a profit because there is not very much exclusive to a particular style of gameplay.

Ex. If I enjoy crafting and want to make money off of that there isn’t much between generic exotics and ascended items that I can put on the tp (no special skins I can craft, no town clothes, etc). In the case of dungeons, outside of Aetherpath there is no drop I can go hunting for to stick on the tp. Champs had those special weapon skins which was nice… I wonder what will happen to the prices of those?

Of course it is possible to make SOME money crafting but in my experience it ends up being closer to TP flipping. It could also just be that I suck at making money on the tp.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

There’s bound to be other farming options out there. People just had no reason to go find them. I think Woodenpotatoes has some videos of him organizing “unpopular” farms. Maybe one of those will become the next big thing.

I believe you are 100% correct on reason – noone NEEDED to find other options… now they can. the only hard part is figuring out the order. The rest is just time investment to identify all the champs.