What Ever Happened To Drinking In A Bar And Starting Bar Fights?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Now that ArenaNet has destroyed my one source of fun which is dungeoneering, to the point no one wants to do them anymore and I don’t get anything out of dungeons… I think the only thing for my toon to do now is to go become an alcoholic sitting at the Tavern in Divinity’s reach or one of the many meadhalls in Shiverpeaks and getting sloshed then starting bar fights.

But whatever happened to that?

If I do recall correctly early on the development the devs mentioned something like this to which they got the guy at pvponline to make them the attached webcomic.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I’m pretty sure it’s still coming, it just got shelved while they catch up on other things. The impression they gave during beta, at least, was that it was still on the way and you can see the places set up for it.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Delacroix.8594

Delacroix.8594

You can hang out in the tavern, talking about the old days in dungeons until someone goes like “Man, shut up already with that!” then you start a fight… with words. :P

Posted by: Adzy.8370

Adzy.8370

no dont start fights, cause if you say any kitten words you will get banned.

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Look like someone got a 72 hour ban! Did you learn from it Adzy? Or are you still angry and likely to resort to unclean angst filled vileness?

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Pfff. Using curse words is not a fun way to start a fight. Sure, you could say “kittenykitten go kitten yourself”, but it’s much more fun to say “Excuse me kind sir, has your intelligence always been the same as that of a beheaded monkey?”

Rizzy.8293

You can hang out in the tavern, talking about the old days in dungeons until someone goes like “Man, shut up already with that!” then you start a fight… with words. :P

Yeah… thats gonna get you banned, for “abuse” :|

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

>>no dont start fights, cause if you say any kitten words you will get banned.<<

This worries me a bit, as I’ve heard about this happening a lot and I’m not sure if it is happening a lot, or if people are just making a big deal out of happening a few times. There’s a tag in your options menu for allowing or blocking profanity, so you wouldn’t think you’d get in trouble for cussing. This gets especially worrisome when you’re roleplaying a girl what sometimes has a dirty mouth and anyone could just turn you in for talking like a sailor.

But for “fighting” with other PCs, you can pretend to fight by using your attacks against each other and then “kneeling, sitting, sleeping” to makeup for getting knocked around. Sure that’s all roleplaying, but that’s the best reason to fight outside of pvp anyway isn’t it?

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

hahahhahaha bar fighting I WIN!!!

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

That comic’s about environmental weapons, not bar fights.

Have you tried Keg Brawl yet?

Rizzy.8293

That comic’s about environmental weapons, not bar fights.

Have you tried Keg Brawl yet?

That comic was based on a statement made by arenaNet about bar fighting and covered both environmental weapons and bar fights.

And yes I have, also the pirate thing, nothing like I had expected, rather didn’t meet my expectations

Posted by: Adzy.8370

Adzy.8370

Look like someone got a 72 hour ban! Did you learn from it Adzy? Or are you still angry and likely to resort to unclean angst filled vileness?

probs going to resort to violence. and maybe say some real offensive language! nah but im guessing a lot of GW2 players are really sensitive. or maybe i’m just tough? then again the league of legends community is like backstreet alleys in harlem… but worse.

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

I wouldn’t mind doing this irl with some of these whiny forum posters to be honest.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Rizzy.8293

probs going to resort to violence. and maybe say some real offensive language! nah but im guessing a lot of GW2 players are really sensitive. or maybe i’m just tough? then again the league of legends community is like backstreet alleys in harlem… but worse.

Actually I’ve noticed a lot of ingamers getting frustrated over “world chat” because people are chatting.

Whats up with that?