What Happened To???

What Happened To???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GRIM.7326

GRIM.7326

What happened to no grind?what happened to not gear based?
So far what I am seeing is GRIND dungeons to get coins for armor..but wait, you have to have the armor for anyone to let you go into the dungeon with them. Everyone is spamming for “Geared” groups and nobody wants to go with you if you don’t have the gear.
I am having Aion flashbacks. “gear..Gear..GEAR”
The few PUG’s I have been on, the others don’t communicate in chat, share TS info and usually take off ahead because they assume everyone has done everything already.
It’s bad enough there were level 80’s in the 1st 48 hours ( a slap in the face to Anet if you ask me) as they just wanted to prove they were better than all the rest of us who are taking our time and enjoying the content that they took years to produce (all well worth it)
Bring on solo dungeons and exotics as drops not just for clearing high level areas or grinding instances over and over but as a surprise while questing. I have magic find gear and food but never more than a green or blue with a rare gold to show for it.

What Happened To???

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Everyone is spamming for “Geared” groups and nobody wants to go with you if you don’t have the gear.

i’m sure that their systems for checking are very effective without inspect and the existence of transmutation stones.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

What Happened To???

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

There are the type of groups out there that I call “Hard core dungeon runners”. These are the groups that really enjoy running dungeons, make sure they have the best gear and skill combo’s. They want to be efficient at running dungeons and get the loot the fastest way possible. And there is nothing wrong with that what so ever.

Just like there are casual dungeon runner groups out there also. More relaxed, wanting to learn the dungeon and gear isn’t an issue.
That is the type of group I think you would be more interested in. Just like I would be some days or when I start learning a new dungeon.

Some tips that I do when I try running dungeons.

Join a guild, run with friends. Always the best scenario imo!
If invited to a dungeon and I have not done that dungeon before, let the group know that. Either they will help you and let you know what to look out for, or they won’t. If they are the ladder then I will look for a new group.

Start your own group. When advertising in channel, say something like “LFG 1st time dungeon; need more ect ect” There are many people out there like you and I.

Hope that helps!

And remember just because someone plays the game differently, doesn’t mean they are doing it wrong! It’s just a different play style! And again nothing wrong with that!

What Happened To???

Posted by: GRIM.7326

GRIM.7326

Oh I know everyones play style is diffeent. We have posted “LFG X-Dungeon for pokeing around and exploring” and either get no responces or once in the players take off expecting all to know what to do (even telling them its 1st time)
we have our own guild but we are all on different time and work scheduals (I work swings, my GF graves and one friend is in Australia) so getting us all together for more than an hour or 2 is hard and PUGs are difficult as I stated either we aren’t invited or we are classed as That Player because we haven’t been through a thousand times.