What Happened to All That L.A. Money?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

What the heck happened to all that gold we donated for the Lion’s Arch rebuilding fund? I know an Asura who is the brother in law of a Charr (don’t ask) official in Lion’s Arch that says the money we donated isn’t actually going to fund anything. You know, just like the money that was donated for the blankets for the refugees who he says, “never saw a single one of those blankets because they don’t exist”.

That gave me an idea: Instead of arbitrary gold sinks, can we get actual content from now on with our “donated gold”? Or better yet, just get rid of the premise that our gold is actually going toward something and just call it what it honestly is: A way to take gold out of the economy. If actual content isn’t going to come from the gold sinks, then let’s dispense with the illusion that content is being made for our donations.

PS- the children are sad they never got any blankets.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

The money will first have to be pooled together as it has come from quite a few different sources. Then, approved budgets have to be finalised for each section of Lion’s Arch to be rebuilt. Then, decisions have to be made whether to re-build some of the buildings, or to make new ones by the Board of Trustees and the Captain’s Council of Lion’s Arch.

Then, once decisions are made, the town planning has to be designed and approved by the councils, which is usually done by several designs being proposed in front of the Captain’s Council. Then the building process can begin once majority voting has been done. So, it’ll take some time for Lion’s Arch to be re-built.

p.s. This is all In-Character, of course!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: AlphaNeonic.1925

AlphaNeonic.1925

Should have voted for Evon.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

The first thing they’re repairing is Kiel’s home. I mean, she’s done so much for us it’s only fair.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

It didn’t go towards letting the Guild Banker hire a new employee to run a branch office near the Mystic Forge, I can tell you.

Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

When Typhoon Yolanda hit our country. Not all donations from other countries were given to the people. Seems like they are really sticking to " In real life" situation. Good work Anet! for making it realistic!

Would it be cool to live forever?

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Scuttlebutt – I dunno how true – is that after Dragon’s Reach Part 2, they’re taking a little break from the Living Story. The thinking is that they’re probably gonna do something for two weeks to celebrate GW2’s second birthday. Pure speculation here, but maybe they’ll give us a mostly restored LA back then?

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Lion’s Arch can’t be rebuilt in a couple of months, you know.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Lion’s Arch can’t be rebuilt in a couple of months, you know.

Sure it can. Magic.

Microseconds after the Aetherblades smashed the Gate Hub, all-new replacement Gates were set up and ready for business as usual in Vigil Keep. Magic.

Every Halloween and every Wintersday, LA is completely changed overnight. Magic.

Only days after I earned 14,000 Festival Tokens in my support of the LA Relief efforts, Ellen Kiel’s old broken-down Dolyak cart was replaced by a brand new Corvette. Magic.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Only days after I earned 14,000 Festival Tokens in my support of the LA Relief efforts, Ellen Kiel’s old broken-down Dolyak cart was replaced by a brand new Airship. Magic.

FTFY.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Red Tape, Bureaucracy, Corruption. Sometime next year they’ll begin what little construction they can with what’s left over.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Evon likely ran off with it.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Honestly, the bridges should all be repaired at least as will as most of the stone paths. Also the most devastated wooden structures should have been torn down while repairs started on at least on the TP “ship”. Evon’s got the money.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Honestly, the bridges should all be repaired at least as will as most of the stone paths. Also the most devastated wooden structures should have been torn down while repairs started on at least on the TP “ship”. Evon’s got the money.

I agree that the roads/bridges should have been done by now for the sake of transportation at the least.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

while repairs started on at least on the TP “ship”. Evon’s got the money.

Sorry, Ellen Kiel stole all of Evon’s profits when she forcefully conscripted him and made him pay for the kitten war.

Living Story TL;DR

Ellen Kiel stole all of the money donated and is planning on ressurecting the Aetherblade Pirates to take over Lion’s Arch and all of Tyria.

(P.S. You should have voted for Evon Gnashblade like I did.)

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)