What Happened to Drops by Profession?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Were the drops that catered to class ever implemented? I don’t recall seeing it in the patch notes. <—— It’s probably that i missed it, but was still wondering if it was put in the game.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Supposedly it is, but to be honest I haven’t really noticed any change in my drops if it has been. (And the devs did tell us that it’s likely we wouldn’t actually notice any major change.)

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

I am so used to insta-salvaging everything below yellow I would’nt even notice it anyway. Hm.

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

Posted by: KevinEvo.7061

KevinEvo.7061

If it’s in the game, it doesn’t do anything. Maybe it doesn’t work at level 80. I have farmed thousands of items in Cursed Shore since the patch and I get everything. For leveling, all you need to do is sell whatever drops on the trading post and buy the thing you need. You really only need greens to level.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Haven’t really noticed it on my level 80 main. Maybe I’ll try leveling and see if there’s any change in drops.

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

They said that it would be unoticed individually. But as a big group of players, where the big numbers count aka black lion, we can see the difference. Silk Scrap already rose up by 50c. GJ anet again.

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

I have noticed the difference in my lowbie character, but not my 80s. I get way more armor and weapons suitable for him, in drops and as leveling rewards.

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I did notice a difference in the short time I leveled a thief from 1-10. Not that I got huge numbers of drops, but I did get three usable weapons to one not, and all three armor drops were medium.

Disclaimer: small sample size, anecdotal, yadda-yadda.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They said it would be an increase favoring your profession but not exclusive to your profession and in a post on the forum they said it skews less at upper levels.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ve noticed it on lower level characters for sure. I have more weapons I can use and more armor I can use. I’ve leveled lots of characters even recently in the old system.

Believe me the new system is in place.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I haven’t noticed it on my ranger, mid-60s. Heck, the exotic I got for leveling isn’t even one I would use. I can use it, technically, but it’s an axe. :\

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Thanks for the feedback. It does seem fairly minor. Sometimes I really notice it. That’s when I switch to my Elementalist. For the most part though, it does seem a non-issue. I was fairly ticked when the announcements were happening about this one, because the communication on ArenaNet’s part at that time was bad to say the least.

The communication has gotten better. They listened to the community on leveling issues and commander tags. Overall, I think this is a better direction we are heading in. Thanks ArenaNet.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

On the new character I started after the feature patch I haven’t noticed drops related to my profession (warrior) I still get staffs, focus, etc that I just salvage but what I have noticed is that the rewards for leveling up are almost always something that I can use be it a piece of armor or weapon.

Mob drops seem to be the same generic drops I’ve always got that are level specific but normally not something better than what I already have equipped, but I do think the leveling process is still bugged in some regards I just hit lvl 40 last night and got my first rare as a reward, it was armor I could equip and use, the biggest thing I miss is the trait points hopefully they will start coming now that I broke through lvl40.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Hi everyone,

The article about profession system only presented the idea behind this system and we generally don’t give precise details about these systems unless these details are needed to understand the idea. In this case we can’t share details but we want to reassure players that they’re not going to see changes in loot so visible that some components are going to “rain” or they’ll stop seeing loot variety. It’s more complex than that.

The adjustments to the loot system are fairly subtle and the goals are that, after a certain time, your characters will effectively have more components you can use. So it may take some time for you to see a difference, or not, but it’s not going to feel like a very visible change each time you loot a mob. We want players, in particular new ones or those creating alts, to more often be able to use the items they loot directly or get something that is relevant to their profession. It does not mean that you’ll get less varied loot overall. We’ll keep monitoring the changes to kitten its affects.

Thanks for your early feedback!

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

The first 19 levels on my new character I haven’t noticed a change, I don’t doubt that it’s there but have gotten more non-useable drops than not. (not complaining!)

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

It was suppose to be a minor change with a minor impact on drop rates.