What Happened to the Commando Armor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

On the background of the Final Rest topic, I thought I’d bring up the question about the commando set. I’m mainly talking about the medium set. I remember after release, a lot of players where interested in getting it, especially the hat, but the full set still hasn’t showed up in PvE. At least, I’ve never seen anyone wear it. It has always been possible to get the coat and leggings of the commando armor in PvE, through the personal story. And in WvW, I’ve noticed that some lords also wear the hat. So why isn’t this full set available to PvE/WvW players yet?

Edit: Attached a picture of a lord with the Commando Hat.

Attachments:

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

Posted by: mikefang.4182

mikefang.4182

I’m curious to find out if there’s been anything new about a PvE version of the Commando hat as seen here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Human_male_PvP_Commando_armor.jpg

It’s the perfect hat for the look I’m trying to go for and I’d like to see Arenanet put it in PvE, but I’ve yet to see it outside of PvP. I gather a lot of people have been asking about this, and I’ve heard a lot of different responses: It’s at one of the karma vendors…it’s not in PvE right now…it was removed from the game entirely…so what’s the situation currently?

Kasama.8941

Well that’s just funny, I just made a similar topic. Great minds think alike :P

“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

As I recall, the last patch made that armor set fully available from WvW, including the hat.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Kasama.8941

As I recall, the last patch made that armor set fully available from WvW, including the hat.

It’s not in WvW. You’re probably thinking about the Conquest Armor?

-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Hrm, probably. Looking at the picture you added to the OP, it does seem different than the one I saw in WvW. Sorry about that.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

the greater question is why do the WvW commandobearers get to have red eyes but players don’t?

Kasama.8941

No one ells is interested in getting this set?

-Alexander Pope

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

You can get them by completing late personal story with medium armor characters, but only parts of it. I have the chest piece and pants with me.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I have been wanting to know the anwser to this question ever since I tried to figure out all the different sets from the PvP Locker right at launch of the game.

I did notice (while taking screenshots of every set in there etc) that MANY sets were incorrect in some ways such as incorrect icons etc. For this set I believe this hat (Skin) which is shown in the pic in OP belongs to another set but in the pvp locker people believe it’s for this set because of the icon.

Perhaps they are waiting for the correct hat to be complete before finally releasing it into the game?

Another thing I have been doing in the game recently is to go through the current classes that I am taking through the storyline and noting down every single reward they get from the quests. That is taking screenshots etc of all the available options. I have been doing this hoping that there were the complete sets made available through the personal story that I had overlooked at first.

But no it seems for atleast the heavy armour set (which I have tested so far) it is only the chest and perhaps the legs so like medium perhaps this whole thing has been an oversight from the very begining? Perhaps they had INTENDED for the whole set to be rewarded to us for completing the story yet in their typical fashion something just went wrong?

I’m gonna post two screenshots I took when the game first came out to show why I believe the hat for this set is incorrect and actually belongs to the other set. You will see it matches the first set more than the “Commando’s”.

Attachments:

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

This has been bugging me ever since I finished my personal story and missed picking the pants. I too thought that of course they must be available to get by some other means and that I did not need to save that particular item. Man…do I regret it.

I WANT COMMANDO PANTS. -SO-BAD- I-WOULD-PAY-MONEY.

Please correct this injustice!

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

The tower champions are wearing the Stalwart set, not the Commando set. There was a typo in the PvP locker that mislabelled the Stalwart hat as a second commando item.

In any case, we want this set in PvE/WvW.

Posted by: Jinn Kazuma.2163

Jinn Kazuma.2163

Fun fact, the story reward light Commando armor leg piece looks like MCHammer pants at least on female sylvari. Pretty freaking stylish.

Attachments:

(edited by Jinn Kazuma.2163)

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

holy zombie thread!

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Wow yeah this is a very old post lol…..

Tip guys: make use of those instant lvl 20 item Birthday gifts to get a new alt to lvl 20 quickly. Rush quests and do some champ farms to cover any other levels you need to get to the point in the story to get these 2 items again (commando legs and top).

My engi main now has this look as part of a second armour set thanks to my thief who remembered to save the armours on his playthrough.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Fun fact, the story reward light Commando armor leg piece looks like MCHammer pants at least on female sylvari. Pretty freaking stylish.

That’s Embroidered, crafted by tailors. It’s a nice set.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Embroidered_armor

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

“To date the only possibility to acquire this armor in PvE is via the personal storyline (Story Level): Head (73), Shoulder (74), Chest (77) and Legs (78).”

The only thing missing is the gloves and the boots. My thief wears the coat and pants. At least until I can get the krytan top to pair with the pants.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.