What Happened to the Personal Story?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

The accounting of the personal story in my characters story log doesn’t match anything close to what happened to me as I was playing through it.

The “facing your greatest fear” arc has mysteriously vanished, the cleansing of Orr occurs at the end of the “Forming the Pact” segment of the story, and all that occurs before “Victory or Death” now.

Is this a bug, or is this how an actual play through as a new character goes? Because it makes no sense narratively. How can we cleanse Orr before the Pact invades it? If we battle the sovereign eye first, who tells us all about the eyes and their nature, why are Traehearne and I still acting like it’s a big mystery when we meet one later?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

What inculpatos posted is the only dev-response/statement regarding the personal story changes so far. I hope it’s not going to be the last for the very reasons you mentioned in your post.

Apparently arenanet received an overwhelming amount of complaints about the personal story feeling “disconnected”. That’s why they decided to remove the “fear”-part because it actually involved zooming out of the world map to find the next green star…this can be quite overwhelming for people who just dinged level 60.

Mixing up “forming the pact” with “victory or death” and all the illogical inconsistencies it creates in the process can only be explained that the guy who did this…actually didn’t play the story in the first place.

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

Apparently arenanet received an overwhelming amount of complaints about the personal story feeling “disconnected”. That’s why they decided to remove the “fear”-part because it actually involved zooming out of the world map to find the next green star…this can be quite overwhelming for people who just dinged level 60.

The problem is that the fear arcs are necessary to understand what the kitten is going on during the Battle of Fort Trinity. Why have the gates been sabotaged? What’s that blue orb? Where did it come from? Wait, we suddenly have a risen repelling fence? When did that happen? Who’s this Tonn guy and why is everyone making such a big deal about his explosives?

If they think there was a problem with the story being disconnected before, I don’t see how throwing random bits of story at us without any sort of context makes it better.

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

The problem is that the fear arcs are necessary to understand what the kitten is going on during the Battle of Fort Trinity. Why have the gates been sabotaged? What’s that blue orb? Where did it come from? Wait, we suddenly have a risen repelling fence? When did that happen? Who’s this Tonn guy and why is everyone making such a big deal about his explosives?

If they think there was a problem with the story being disconnected before, I don’t see how throwing random bits of story at us without any sort of context makes it better.

Like I said: the guy(s) who did this change clearly did not play the story.

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

After the Battle of Fort Trinity, I had the final two steps of the Apatia storyline. They still happen apparently, it’s just not listed in the journal anymore.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/ArenaNet-just-shortened-the-Personal-Story/first#post4381784

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

I never played the story as I was leveling up. I’ve now got a few of my level 80’s into the 70’s and 80 of their personal story. The rest of my level 80 characters I’m only interested in getting them access to the asura gates from the orders’ headquarters. Does it occur about the same place in the story?