What I Really Don't Get About You People

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

Or at least some of you.

If content is too short and easy, people complain.

If content is too long and hard, people complain.

And yes I am referring to the elite specializations, the mastery system, etc.

Please make up your mind on what you want.

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

No one is complaining that the elite specizalation is hard to get, we are complaining we can’t do any of the content on them because all masteries and HP will be done before and that takes away a lot of fun doing it on a class you may not want to

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

There is a difference between hard and tedious. Masteries/elites aren’t hard, they’re tedious. Incredibly so. Finishing a mastery level doesn’t give you a rewarding feeling, it makes you think “thank God thats over with”.

Then you get to do it several more times.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

No one is complaining that the elite specizalation is hard to get, we are complaining we can’t do any of the content on them because all masteries and HP will be done before and that takes away a lot of fun doing it on a class you may not want to

Wrong. I am complaining that the elite specialization is hard/grindy to get. I am okay with masteries.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Or at least some of you.

Golly! It’s almost as if a massively multiplayer game…. has multiple people, with different opinions playing it! That couldn’t possibly be the answer, right?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

This isn’t a concept that is difficult to understand. People want to use their elite specs to play the new content, not get them once the new content is mostly finished.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

you’re comparing two completely different groups of people

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Or at least some of you.

What people complaining about people complaining often don’t get is that it’s two groups who complain.
One complains about content too easy, the other about content too hard.

ETA. Saw RoRos comment too late (+1).

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Actually, I think most people are ok with the masteries. There is a trickle of complaints about them, but nothing at all compared to what’s going on with elites.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

I should stop reading forum and contiune explore the jungle ._.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Got 5 hp from 2 rank ups. Its a lot better then the old get nothing from wvw that helps you much in pve now you can get hp and help map completion for pve zones in wvw. It seems like its only a boon for wvw players getting this new system. As for the elite spec ya its kind of annoying to take that much to get them but its a lot worst going from one hp quest thing to another getting only 1 point at a time when you could just simply do something fun and wvw. Its only worth pveing in mag for hp atm.

All they realy need to do now is add in means of getting vistas, point of interest and harts randomly though out the maps for more map completion in pve but for wvw only.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

The vast majority of people on this topic are saying the same thing. We expected to be able to play the much touted elites within a reasonable time after release, and for that majority the 16,18,40 hrs or w/e it takes is just ridiculous.

The majority feels that mastery’s themselves are ok, but that locking them to elite’s is not.

The majority feels that personal elites should not be tied into group success scenarios.

The majority feels they should not have to play through most of the new HoT pve zones just to play how they want to play. That by doing so a grind mentality happens and the areas themselves become that, instead of adventures.

The majority feels that the wvw grind isn’t all that much better, because people want to be fighting using their new abilities and not mindlessly running in swarms just for the sake of a nuisance gate.

The majority with many alts are worried about the hundreds of additional hours of “gameplay” necessary to run around with specs they’re tired of simply to play the way they want to play

The majority feels they were promised new exiting roles to try and only upon entering HoT have they realized that their elites will be crippled to the tune of many many hours (which for many working people accounts for days and weeks of not being able to use their new spec) x any alt they have or may wish to create in the future and that this particular hero point system becomes a grind for fun.

The minority wishes for everything to take a long time to complete, and believes time itself gives satisfaction in all areas of the game.

The minority is afraid that if Anet caves on the elite grind they may do so in other areas of the game, no matter how many times the majority tells the minority this is not a global time involvement complaint, but simply restricted to elite hero point grind.

This is definitely a hot button issue right now and one that has attracted many people to voice their opinions so anet will, and I hope soon, address it with more than just snarky remark towards people who just bought their game.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

The tiny minority of complainers on this topic are saying the same thing.

Fixed that for ya.

Posted by: Wyrdfell.8327

Wyrdfell.8327

The tiny minority of complainers on this topic are saying the same thing.

Fixed that for ya.

This.

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

What do you mean by “you people”?

Posted by: Scolix.4879

Scolix.4879

Well i for one thought i could atleast equip my new weapon and then progress through new content same time unlocking the new elite spec but instead no you cant play the spec that sold the expansion before you grind your a** off

Posted by: Atharian.7092

Atharian.7092

Personally, I want to explore the new maps. But I cant. Half of each map feels like its locked behind two or three different masteries, and thats going to takes day of grinding. As in, repeating the same stuff. The point of an expansion is to try new things.

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Should check out the main topic under heart of thorns discussion .
Elite Specializations & Hero Point Feedback [Merged].

Posted by: Darkpunkk.6758

Darkpunkk.6758

Did someone forgot that there is no new lvl cap?
This is the lvling part…as in any mew expansion, you have to progress your character to unlock new stuff…
This crying is just ridicilious…

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

400 hero points for an “elite” that is no better or worse than the original professions is what is ridiculous.

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

I don’t get threads like this.

If your cool with everything just play.Then again there is a trend with threads like this, the OP just vanishes.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.