What I'd like to see in the next Expansion.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

This is going to be a simple topic that I’d like to talk about for the Next expansion, whenever that might be. I will not be discussing leeks in any capacity in this post and I’d kindly ask that no one else post anything involving it as well. This is merely Discussing a feature already in GW2 that I’d like to see expanded for the expansion involving the Elite specializations.

With that said, what is it I’m talking about. HoT had a collection for each of the elite specs to obtain an ascended weapon. Which was a great way to motivate players to extend their play time in the new maps. Though I personally feel that the methods of going about getting these weapons didn’t feel all that unique for the professions and ultimately was fairly shallow content. Arena net have Since Improved this sort of thing with new collections but I’d like to see more unique Questing style like we got with Caladbolg with instances and possibly dialog involving each profession.

One of my Biggest Criticisms about the HoT expansion is the method in how you learned your elite specialization. Although I understand that they didn’t want to splinter players off from each other in different directions, I feel that giving each Profession a unique path to walk, either through a collection for a new armor set or something that dives into the lore of each elite spec will help to increase play ability across multiple profession and give a better understanding about how each of them fit into the lore of GW2.

Now I wont say that Anet should go back and do this for HoT, that ship has sailed. However I’d really like to see more lore and a more unique path when playing with my elite spec. I’d probably suggest Scrapping Hero points entirely and link it to a questing system, however I’d understand if Arena net is hesitant to do this. One issue with using Hero points though is it does harm part of the experience for Players like myself who have over 300 hero points as is, and the idea of scaling the hero points up even more to fit the new content so its not trivialized leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Of Course they could just use a new type of hero points and call it something else so that 300 I have now would be useless. Which is not ideal but In my opinion I really want my discovery of the new elite spec to be a Journey and not just a reward for completing all of the hero challenges in the core game and HoT. I want to work for it. I want feel like I’m whatever it is I’m going for.

Give me your thoughts on this. This is something I’d like to see. Let me know what you think. Anything you’d change, add to this? Feel free to respond.

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

WvW getting some attention..
O wait not gonna happen.
Not going to pay $50 for some new spec.

Lily.1935

WvW getting some attention..
O wait not gonna happen.
Not going to pay $50 for some new spec.

THis post isn’t about WvW in the slightest. You want to complain, you have dozens of other places to do that.

(edited by Lily.1935)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I agree that I would like lore journeys as part of the elite unlocks.

However, I fear that you are too late in your request. We’re probably under half a year from the expansion’s release. Huge chunks of it are already locked in, no doubt, or at least major concepts and mechanisms are. Tailored lore journeys take a long time to produce, so if we’re getting them, they’re already mostly written. If they’re not already written, they won’t be by launch.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There might have been a Dev response about this in the latest AMA. I can’t remember if it was there, or in someone’s ‘forecast’.

Worth a shot. Good luck.

Lily.1935

I agree that I would like lore journeys as part of the elite unlocks.

However, I fear that you are too late in your request. We’re probably under half a year from the expansion’s release. Huge chunks of it are already locked in, no doubt, or at least major concepts and mechanisms are. Tailored lore journeys take a long time to produce, so if we’re getting them, they’re already mostly written. If they’re not already written, they won’t be by launch.

I mean, I think something similar to this might be the case for the elite specs? But its hard to say. Lore is an important part of the game IMO. So this is something I’m really excited about.

Wooden Potatoes mentions something similar a little while back and I agree with him on the Hero points.. I think if they use those it will trivialize part of the experience.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’d love to have more story/lore involved in all parts of the game, including in how we unlock our elite specs. I think your idea is good, but at the same time I don’t really want to see the introduction of a new version of hero points. I’d like to see the use of the hero points combined with story/lore tasks to unlock the tiers of traits and such, though.

Regardless, as Donari pointed, out it’s likely far too late for any such thing to be put in for the next expansion because it’ll likely be out (or at least be close to coming out) by the end of the year. But hopefully we’ll see some elements of this in the expansion.

Posted by: zwolf.1695

zwolf.1695

Just a thought…

a rework of dungeons into a guild mission (or multi-guild mission / co-op mode) where you complete all explore path at the same time. This could revitalize dungeons or maybe even revamp the paths to include skills for the mobs that pull from both xpacs.

also, a possibility to unlock a dungeon instance as a guild hall. They are plenty big enough and already in the game. Let’s face it – CoE is absolutely perfect for this idea.

Xio the Watcher – DWD of Blackgate

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The reason this thread gets posts OP may feel are off-topic may be the title. There are a few threads with similar titles discussing what players might want in the up-coming expansion(s).

Again, lore with tasks/content is often popular.

Good luck.

Posted by: Emiko.3217

Emiko.3217

I’d like to see the following as ranger pets: red fox, dolphin.
Also would love to have mounts in the game.

(edited by Emiko.3217)

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’m gonna vote for fox a million times. Though preferably as miniatures as well, because I don’t run ranger.

Posted by: Stace.1357

Stace.1357

I don’t care about it and will not be purchasing it, for the first time since Guild Wars Prophecies.

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

I don’t care about it and will not be purchasing it, for the first time since Guild Wars Prophecies.

Lol why so salty? I’ll buy it and have fun playing new things.

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

Just a thought…

a rework of dungeons into a guild mission (or multi-guild mission / co-op mode) where you complete all explore path at the same time. This could revitalize dungeons or maybe even revamp the paths to include skills for the mobs that pull from both xpacs.

also, a possibility to unlock a dungeon instance as a guild hall. They are plenty big enough and already in the game. Let’s face it – CoE is absolutely perfect for this idea.

Interesting idea to make Guild Halls out of the old Dungeon instances. It would give us more choices for different types of themes.
However, the Dungeons are build on such a horrible code that Anet fired whoever made it. And they refrain from touching that code as it just causes more mess.
So changing that into a Guild Hall… I’m not sure Anet would try.

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Duels,Duels,Duels

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Duels,Duels,Duels

Yes! My Dark Magician will send you to the Shadow Realm!

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

One of my Biggest Criticisms about the HoT expansion is the method in how you learned your elite specialization. Although I understand that they didn’t want to splinter players off from each other in different directions, I feel that giving each Profession a unique path to walk, either through a collection for a new armor set or something that dives into the lore of each elite spec will help to increase play ability across multiple profession and give a better understanding about how each of them fit into the lore of GW2.

I think they may have been planning something but dropped it because they had to hit the deadline for release or some other reason. Things like Braham (guardian) taking on his mother’s longbow. Guardian + longbow = Dragonhunter elite spec. Or Marjory (necromancer) taking on her sister’s greatsword. Necromancer + greatsword = Reaper elite spec. Sure sounds like they wanted to add it to lore but stopped midway.

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

The topic of this thread is “What I’d like to see in the next expansion” The op even says feel free to respond. A poster on this thread says that they would like wvw to get some attention and that an elite is not going to convince him to spend 50 dollars. The poster did express some negativity on Anet’s inclination to cater to wvw but so what?

The op berates said poster claiming that the topic isn’t about wvw. Last time I looked wvw is still part of this game and supposedly will be after the next expansion drops.

@op……. Please don’t bring “safespace” bullcrap on to the forums. You are NOT the moderator. Don’t ask for responses if you are not prepared for thinking that differs from your own.

As far as what I’d like to see in the expansion, it would be for Anet to deliver any advertised content of the next expansion in a timely manner. If there are features of this expansion to be released after launch, please give a timeline of release to customers and stick to it.

RoseofGilead.8907

The topic of this thread is “What I’d like to see in the next expansion” The op even says feel free to respond. A poster on this thread says that they would like wvw to get some attention and that an elite is not going to convince him to spend 50 dollars. The poster did express some negativity on Anet’s inclination to cater to wvw but so what?

The op berates said poster claiming that the topic isn’t about wvw. Last time I looked wvw is still part of this game and supposedly will be after the next expansion drops.

@op……. Please don’t bring “safespace” bullcrap on to the forums. You are NOT the moderator. Don’t ask for responses if you are not prepared for thinking that differs from your own.

To be fair, the OP asked for responses to the idea they explained in the first post.

“Give me your thoughts on this. This is something I’d like to see. Let me know what you think. Anything you’d change, add to this? Feel free to respond.”

The OP didn’t say “What would YOU like to see in the expansion?” or “Feel free to say something you’d want”. That being said, it’s obviously an open forum, and anyone can respond with what they want to say.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

The topic should have been labeled " What Lily.1935 would like to see in the next expansion"

The topic heading is easy to misinterpret.

As it is written……. the poster is also an “I”

“Idea for unique paths with elites in next expansion”

RoseofGilead.8907

The topic should have been labeled " What Lily.1935 would like to see in the next expansion"

The topic heading is easy to misinterpret.

As it is written……. the poster is also an “I”

I agree. The title is misleading.