What I don't get is

What I don't get is

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

Anet must have seen the massive kittycat storm that is reddit and these forums by now. Why no replies/official statements/anything? If Anet feels they took the correct approach on their pricing you’d think they’d try to stand up for themselves. Radio silence isn’t a good thing. To me it displays they now regret their decision. Which they shouldn’t show even if they did. They need to firmly state their opinion. Honestly who does your marketing guys? Should have waited with enabling pre-purchase until at least 85% of the content had been revealed. If it was 40 dollars people still would have raged because no one has a clue how much their 50 is worth in HoT content.

So many bad decisions went into this whole pre-purchase debacle. I’m gonna pay the 50 bucks eventually anyway because I want to play HoT. I am very concerned about the backlash though and am afraid this will hurt the game severly in the long run.

What I don't get is

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

What i don’t get is why people create new threads about same thing over and over and over again.

What I don't get is

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Pure wishful thinking from your side.
Anet will look at numbers. The number that shows how many people already spent money on the preorder after a day, a week and a month. If the number meets their expectation, no compromise will be made. If not, you can get better deals.
It is pointless for them to waste time explaining their business model with forum heroes.

What I don't get is

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

What i don’t get is why people create new threads about same thing over and over and over again.

Probably trying to get someone from Anet to respond as though they cared one iota.

SBI

What I don't get is

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

Probably trying to get someone from Anet to respond as though they cared one iota.

I understand they are a business and that in the end all that really matters is money. I also understand that if sales meet their expectations they won’t care at all. However, they could at least attempt to hide it better. If I compare to Blizzard, they’ve done some pretty kitten things too. I never felt cheated out of my money though. Never felt a lack of content or not getting my money’s worth. Diablo 3 was probably the kittentiest thing they ever made (at launch mind you). Still, the total amount of content and hours played was worth the price. Blizzard hides that they are moneygrabbers very well. I think this is an important skill any (gaming) company’s marketing team should have. As it boosts loyalty and image. If they showed us more content (regardless of how bad x content is) to give people ‘the feeling’ that its worth 50, there would have been far, far less rage, most likely resulting in more pre-purchase money.

What I don't get is

Posted by: Channel.9402

Channel.9402

They won’t get the immediate effect but overtime they’ll lose out a lot of their customer. Mainly those that spent a lot on gems to support them.

What I don't get is

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Anet is a big company, they can’t do anything out of a whim. Anything they decide about any changes to the pricing of HoT will need to be evaluated by a board of directors, financial repercussions of any alternate plans, report any decision to NCSoft, how to deal with customers that have already purchased at current price and so on…

Doing something as simple as changing back the gem exchange system took several days, if anything is going to be done about this it will take at least a week or so IMHO, specially considering that the higher ups are probably rather busy in E3 right now.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.