What TWO Things Would You Like to See?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Its so hard to pick just two things to ask ANET for but try! Which two things would you most like to see introduced to GW2?

1) Raid-Style Content.
Its been said many times before but I think this is something that could work in GW2. There are two main reasons why some people are hessitant about bringing raids into GW2- fragmentation of the playerbase and those that think every boss will be able to be zerged. Both, in my opinion, could be addressed.

GW2 raids could be introduced as larger scale, more challenging dungeons. 8-20 players are allowed and the raid dungeon scales with number of entrants. The raid dungeon would be challenging up until the boss which would be very challenging and based a lot on player movement and possibly puzzle solving (stepping on stones etc). Introduce a two tier reward system- one reward for reaching the boss (gold etc) and another for defeating the boss (unique skins, tokens etc).

Tier the raids- easy, medium and hard. Introduce leaderboards for competition and extra monthly prizes. Keep the world bosses (but add the ability to choose a server- megaservers are not the answer!).

2) Environmental Overhaul.
I think GW2 is one of the prettiest MMOs out there but I think it lacks hugely with regards to making you feel like youre there and part of a map. What I propose is a series of additions to bring the sense of adventure back to the maps.

a) Realistic weather effects including a possibility of seasons as time progresses in the Living Story.
b) More realistic terrain. If im walking over mud I should be slowed slightly, right?
c) Removal of 50% of the WPs in a zone. Yes, this is controversial but it would promote exploration on foot. You could start with the WPs that are now always contested due to the megaservers!
d) 1st Person camera. Isnt it about time?!
e) More things to read regarding the history of a map and its creatures so that you can better understand why the map is as it is and what happened to it in the past (Living Story etc).

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

*Less power/decision-making given to the sales team
*A new lead designer that actually understands what a mess the new trait system is

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Fix to the overpopulation of the megaserver. Breathing space.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

My characters hair when I put on a hat

Posted by: Shoemaker.4750

Shoemaker.4750

each weapon having double the amount of skills, but we still have to choose 4 so theres more customization.

Posted by: vazor.2903

vazor.2903

1) A guild or team ladder for SPvP like there was in Guild Wars.
2) I want to see a casting bar when my opponent is using a skill.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

1. variety in dailies
2. trait system that gives variety in locations where to get traits (like the elites in GW1 who were mostly spread out across multiple bosses)

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

#1: Swimsuits. I want them.

#2: Total reformation of PVE mechanics to resemble PVP more.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

#1. Traits back, and at a reasonable pace.
#2. Body Blocking

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

1) Instances – We already have a couple raids; the problem is that they’re not instanced. This is an issue for guild events as well. Fragmentation of the playerbase is no longer a problem with the Megaserver in place. Now players actually want fragmentation; we’d like to be able to get our guilds into private maps without bunches of randoms running around so we can actually do our bosses/events in peace.

2) Still waiting on a QoL overhaul for guilds…

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

1) Overhauled underwater combat and content.

Honestly, underwater content is one of the largest original selling points of GW2, taking it away from the typical aerial combat. But it is seriously undermined. I personally quite enjoy underwater combat. But the issue is how little attention it got. A few simple things can, IMO, vastly improve it:

• Adding aquabreathers to armor crafting classes, so that they even exotic and ascended can be obtained. This includes multiple models of such.
  • Full rune set alterations on underwater gear.
  • Unique traits set for underwater, even more plausible to be done with the free trait refund. This is needed because most useful traits are only good above water.
  • Underwater-only traits and skills. These are too few in options for what us available underwater, so increasing the variability will help.
  • Lastly, improve AI movement so that they do more than just go in your face.

With such changes, I think the underwater combat would be greatly improved.

2) Replayability of Personal Story and Living Story content

My second biggest complaint personally about the Personal Story is their one-time-ness. And for the living world content, the temporary-ness. Simply having a means to replay this content permanently would be a great, but far from only, improvement.

I would also love to see boss fight overhauls throughout the Personal Story because you go from epic tutorial to un-epicness until Blightghast but even that falls short due to the slowness of the story step feeling. And after Blightghast, it is again un-epikittenil you reach the invasion paths, but only if you go with Whispers or Priory, except possibly the Mouth if Zhaitan fight. The Sovereign Eye fight was IMO the only proper fight in the whole personal story, though Commander Seretine was enjoyable.

There’s many more that don’t go with the typical complaints I see, and some that do, that I would like to see improved. But those two are the big ones. A short list of other things:

• Charr tail/horn and asura ear/foot clipping fixed.
  • Less reliance on RNG. Makes the game too Grundy feeling.
  • More jumping puzzles and mini-dungeons added in manners like Vexa’s Lab. More events too.
  • And being able to push NPCs off of edges and make them take falling damage.
Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I fully support Konig’s underwater suggestion. I love the underwater stuff – Kudos to Anet for putting it in the game, but it really needs some work. I understand why it hasn’t been a priority, but suggestions like the above will aid it immeasurably.

My second would be to pack more events into zones. I was in Snowden yesterday and whilst it was fab seeing so many people in the zone again (great job with the Megaserver), there wasn’t much “to do”. Really making zones unique to each other which a high number of events on alternating timetables would make zones fun to re-explore.

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

1) this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Sugestion-Body-blocking/
2)more blue flames for guardian
screw blu flames I want build templates

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

(edited by Lord Trejgon.2809)

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

1. A airship which I can pilot in
2. I can use the airship to pew pew pew in WvW

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Arcades.4689

Arcades.4689

1) Housing&Guild Halls
2) Fix some skills. There should never be a set of skills with more than one or two almost useless ones (i’m looking at you, warrior’s gs/rifle/mace and guardian/ele’s signets)

And guys, you don’t want body blocking. Have you ever played WHO? There was body blocking in there, and it was absolutely horrible.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

GvG and Guild halls.

These are the most important feature we’ve lost moving from GW1 to GW2.

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

1. Cantha

2. Elona

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

1. Build Templates (already close with the trait resetting, just needs a way to save and name the build with a single button for activation).

2. Day/Night & Weather Overhaul (dynamic events linked to time of day, harder/different open world content at night and more pronounced darkness, environmental buffs/debuffs).

sorry I have to bend the rules a bit

3. ‘Blind’ Obscures Player Vision (similar to the hallucination effects caused by the toxic alliance, while blinded the player’s vision is at least partially obscured/warped.)

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I want 2) from Wasbunny’s list as well. I know that makes me greedy…but who cares!

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

1) New dungeons and armor
The dungeons we already have all play a part in the personal story or living story except the vanilla-fractals. I want dungeons which explore dangerous parts of Tyria and that doesn’t involve in some sort of story related to the living story, sure the explorable paths aren’t exactly related to the personal story that much, but I want the world to feel more ’’big’’. As of now everything seems connected in one way or another.

Let’s say we do venture in to the Maguuma Wastes who doesn’t say we wouldn’t find.

• An old “’empty” Seer temple.
  • Destroyer tunnels with a hive.
  • A dead forest with rumours of a lost Mursaat lingering there.
  • A dead Pale Tree, what happened there?

We have a huge wiki with so much lore and I’ve read much of it. I can say meanwhile and after I read it my love for Tyria and all developers behind everything grew so much bigger. I’d like more of what we can find on wiki into the game. And of course with new dungeons I’d like more weapons and armor from that too.

2)Raid-content
Right now the game really ain’t that hard in PvE. Many of the people wish to get “raid-like” content. I do too. With the new megaservers Tequatl and the Wurm is depressing since it’s all about you getting onto a good version of the map. I just want instanced bosses with similar mechanics to what we already have. Not just a big meatbag with 1M HP but actually organized content.

And maybe with this new organized raid content we can have a system similar to the dungeons. Tokens in some way earned to then later on spend on very prestigious stuff(cosmetic looking of course). This game feels less and less rewarding with the constant armor we only get to gem store and that the legendary precursors is just pure RnG and with the inflation on them on TP. I gotta say, the Fractal Capacitor is a great item of prestige. Because that thing can’t be bought since the fractal relics is account bound. It’s a hard work to get to that item and I want more like that related to the raid.

I got tons of things I want to the game but these 2 are my most wanted.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I’m a cheat a lil’

• PvP
    1. A second and third point gain objective in each PvP map, one which is dependent on control of a mobile objective (such as CTF or TF2’s train), and another dependent on aggression and combat (though not necessarily deathmatch). There is never going to be any build or play diversity with a win objective based entirely around a single completely defensive tactic.
    2. Significantly more stat types.
  • WvW
    1. Partial or full body blocking. This should stretch over the entire game really, but it is at its worst in WvW. People need to be required to control their placement on the field, otherwise large-scale combat will never move past the mindless zergy-go-round that it has been since launch.
    2. More organizational tools. People should be able to draw ranks on the field to organize players, to create groups of any size, to make assignements and call outs for specific strategies and builds; to have an overall strategy obviously in the works when they enter the map.
  • PvE
    1. Better, more varied AI, fitting to each creature type. I want to see wolves traveling as a pack, circling players for a take down. I want to see panthers stalking and ganking. I want to see MoAs running in herds, then stampeding when you attack. I want to see undead clinging to you as their fellow zombies catch up. I want to see bandits setting up ambushes and pulling raids on towns. And what I should NEVER see is the exact same mob spaced out perfectly over a grid in a field, or a cave, or a hillside, as if they have no life but to stand around waiting for someone to systematically kill them.
    2. More stats should matter than Pow/Pre/Fer and dodge uptime. Bosses and higher tier mobs should have undodgeable attacks, and frequently used lower damage attacks; making vitality, toughness, and healing actually useful. The ‘dodge the one-shot and keep spamming’ strategy is getting old.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

More quality of life stuff like reducing the mass clicking in this game.

Bug/exploit fixing and dealing with hackers.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

First thing that I believe is very very very easy to do as well: reduce the soft cap of the Megaservers to 20 or even 15. More than enough to do all content on a map easily, including world bosses.

Note: that’s the soft cap, those 20 players can still taxi their friends and guildies.

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

1) +1 for raids

2) Rebalance of WvW PPT play – more rewards for players playing for points, more possibilities to gain points for open field players. And um, bigger keeps towers? Current ones don’t make sense…

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

1. Dusk in my inventory

2. Elona

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

more weapons.
more skills. weapons first.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

1) Cross-realm guild bonuses.
I’m very reluctant to recruit these days due to Megaservers, as new members could likely be from another server and not get any of the benefits like karma, magic find, gathering, xp bonuses we run everyday, along with access to the guild bank space.
2) Ways to acquire precursors that don’t involve grinding insane amounts of gold (1,2k gold Legend ffs) to give to already pretty wealthy forge gamblers. And the oriental version gets a precursor box for VIP. Maybe add one here in the high number AP chests? 7.500k heavy AP chest? With a choice of one account bound pre?! It takes time, dedication and some effort to get there. Took me 9 bloody months and still 400 AP short…

Posted by: Exocet.7306

Exocet.7306

1- Open world guild wars like in Lineage 2
2- New skins for legendary bows. They are too girlish, unappealing for a game where the majority of the players are men. Shooting rainbows or flowers from a pink bow is depressing.

+1 precursors inside AP chests. 7.5k or 10k.

Posted by: Blinka.9078

Blinka.9078

• Waypoints price should decrease with distance, not the opposite (Closer you are, more expensive it is). Objective: Exploration Stimulation
  • More weapons. You have tons of great ideas in the Forum.

EXTRA: Crafting skills with tree-like crafting option like MOBAS (More fun, intuitive and good for new players)

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

Dervishes
Assassins – And no… Thieves are not assassins.

Although truth be told, more than this i would Love to see Subclasses.

I think that if you could play an engineer with a thief sub…or a thief, with a mesmer sub… it would breath new life to the game.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I would like to see:

1) Dyeable Weapons
2) Ability to replace 1 normal skill from the first 5 skills (of the skill bar) from any other profession (no elites)

I personally would love to swap out my Elementalist #3 staff skill with the Mesmer’s focus #4 skill

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

1. Alternate weapon skills (#1 to #5) or new weapon sets.

2. Branching skill evolutions/upgrades.

Posted by: Sir Alymer.3406

Sir Alymer.3406

Being able to have one universal look for all of my armor no matter what other skins the equipment has. Basically, if I want a specific helmet skin all the time I have to transmute it over EVERY helmet I have. With this system, you’d skin it once (probably at a premium) and no matter what you equip your look wouldn’t change.

Whitelist mail and whispers.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

1. Removing personal story.
The overall story telling is not too strong nor interesting and holds back potential future contents both mechanic and storywise, eg. cleansing of Orr.

2. Missing QoL updates and fixes
Fixing camera, terrain glitches, bugged skills, countless tooltip errors, you name it.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Fix the trading post: More useful filters, less useless filters. Including: Skins I have, armor weight, weapons I can use, usable by character, etc.

All weapons usable by all professions.

Bonus: No more gemstore armor sets that are reskins of regular sets. All three of the flame sets are in-game, sans the flames.

More emotes

Server chat channel in ONE pve zone.

Suppress people who spam emotes and links in chat. Place a limit on how many item links can be in one message (including waypoints, etc).

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Abusive.1849

Abusive.1849

2 Things I would like to see:

a) Saving your trait builds. I think everyone would agree this game needs this BADLY esp with the change to re-traiting. For PvE itself I have like 3-4 builds that I use for different situations.

b) More weapon choices and types – I think Anet should dedicate a small team to this. Maybe introduce more weapon types such as Greataxes, Crossbows, Tomes, Fist Weapons, Javelins, etc. I know this will mean a huge amount time required just for balancing each class for the skills each weapon would introduce but hopefully this is something we’ll see soon.

If thts too much to ask, maybe just more weapon and armor skins.

Warrior(Main) | Mesmer | Thief
Jade Quarry (NA)

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

a) build templates
b) more dungeons or instance wurm/teq
c) more spvp game types including gvg

Posted by: Exquisitor.5076

Exquisitor.5076

(1) Better loot drops. Loot in this game is worse than pathetic.
(2) Interesting items to spend WvW badges on.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

*Guild Halls (especially with megaserver it would make gathering as a guild easier)
*Build Templates

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: sternenstaub.8763

sternenstaub.8763

My two things:
More variety (New skills/weapon usage/Weaponskills/Traits)
Hardmode Dungeons (AI and skill updates on enemies and no unleashing of enemies) with special but rare Armor/Weapon Skins for Tokens.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

1. Make content throughout the world as rewarding for a level 80 as zerging Orr events or running dungeons while adding design elements that discourage simply farming low-level content.

2. Build templates.

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Removal of megaservers and returning to old system (with a better idea to make “more players please” whiners happy).

Removal of dredge fractal.

Posted by: MtlDvl.1894

MtlDvl.1894

It has been said before, but it’s worth another mention; less crowded megaservers please! World boss events are useless now. Nearly impossible to score more than silver in normal events. As it is, I’d rather see the old overflow system back.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

It’s hard to nail down just two.

Today’s choices would be:

#1: Removal of Farming Punishment (diminishing returns)
#2: increase of T6 mat drops so the price evens out at around 20silver each.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!