What To Do After Making a Legendary?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

So, I finally finished my first legendary few days ago, took me about 6 months.
I wasn’t particularity grinding for it, or rushing, that’s why it took me so long.
And now that I’ve finally made it, I’m wondering what to do next?

I’m mainly a WvW player, however the lack of updates, bug fixes, dealing with hackers and unfair match ups, no developer communication or anything new for that matter is really discouraging. I love the game mode, however personally I feel it needs something new and refreshing.

I love challenging PvE, but there’s none in this game. Stacking and spamming skills, or champ trains (or whatever they’re called now), spamming auto attack.

I could try getting full Ascended armor set, but the +5% seems really insignificant and the skins are in my opinion ugly.

Exploration. Yes, the zones are beautiful, this game has huge artistic value unlike many new MMOs, however I’ve already seen everything, done all events and jumping puzzles.

I tried going to low level areas and helping to new players, sending them free gold for armor/whatever, but even that got boring fast.

And I’m certainly not looking forward to Living Story season 2. I’d much rather prefer real new content over it.

Suggestions?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I have found myself getting back into tPvP recently, With the new reward tracks/chests and the possible options of getting dungeons skins now without doing the dungeons it has brought new life to this form of gameplay for me.

You could work on achievements also, this is mainly why I’m doing tPvP for those achievements. Really working on the Champion Genius title right now.

Apart from that if you are finding little to do in game no problem, take a break play something else for a while. I am also doing this and find that when I do come back here it seems fresh again.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Get full Ascended, who cares about the skins – Transmutation Charges pal, make them look like cultural T3 because that’s where everything is at. Get another Legendary. Maximize your wardrobe (this includes getting some of the really expensive Halloween and BLT skins).

It’s all a grind but I suppose those are some real suggestions opposed to what I was going to say: Wait until more content comes out.

Challenging PvE: Start trying to help coordinate Triple Worm or Tequatl. I haven’t really done them because I’m lazy and I just get on to do dailies but they can be rough. Of course most of the difficulty seems to come from the mass organization needed, still – you could try to throw your hat in the ring. Be the change you want to see, nom’sayin?

I wouldn’t run around exploring and helping new players if I were you. Helping new players with stuff is fine and all but it takes away from the learning curve when you just give them stuff. Of course, I was given some handouts early in my game life but that’s because my friend was like, “Buy yourself full gear and get the weapon you want and stuff. Get some gathering tools and start learning about gathering.”

I also think it’s silly to not look forward to Living Story season 2. Similar to the feature patch, ANet can divide their resources (although it seems to be getting less efficient every day – sorry ANet!) and have a team working on an expansion of some sort behind the scenes while they have a live team working on Living Story and other short term aspects.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Have they mentioned anything about a content pack of some sort now that feature pack is out?
Lets be honest here, all LS updates combined together wouldn’t make “an expansion’s worth of content”, using “small DLC” would sound more appropriately.

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

TPvP is the only “Endgame” in GW2 thanks to no content updates and an extremely casual non-progression based PvE system (yes you can have progressive PvE without a gear treadmill).

WvWvW lacks any kind of endgoal, its just scoring points and is far from a proper Realm vs Realm (vs Realm) system.

TPvP can get very stale as well, thanks to only 1 game mode and 5 or so maps?

GW2 is basically the definition of a “Themepark MMO”.

Edit: It is a pretty fun dolly dress up game tho.

(edited by Zepidel.5349)

Posted by: gianz.2513

gianz.2513

well you can master another profession if you want or you can fill up your wardrobe.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Make a second one?

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Well, you’ve made one, now only gotta collect the other 18.
Then get all the achievements.

You could always go for that WvW kill achievement?
Finish up the new Fashion achievement?
You could make a personal Weekly achievement of completing as many sPvP Reward Tracks as possible in one week, then try to beat that record the next week?

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Posted by: Reminiscent Valkyrie.3109

Reminiscent Valkyrie.3109

Make 18 more.

Then…
Call your mother and tell her you miss her (if applicable)
Go out on a date
Drink some alcohol and pass out the next morning
Build a bomb shelter…you know, in case Scarlet comes and destroys our Earth.

Once you’re done, gather all achievements and make sure you are one of the richest on your server………..end game content (Y)

Alyssah Shyles – (Shirokami Kyoudan, Fuse Midori, Hinata Ema, Kimishima Kana)
Administrative Guild Leader of The Luminiferous Constellation [Lumi] on Kaineng US
www.luminiferous-constellation.com

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Parade around Vigil Keep, showing off your footsteps and shiny weapon effects? That’s what move of them do. Oh, and show up low-tier events for no reason. That happens too.

/silly

Anyway, GW2 is a lot more about lateral growth, and very unique in that as far as MMOs go. If you haven’t done much in dungeons or fractals, lead a group for those. WvW and PvP are (allegedly) good for dynamic gameplay.

Or hang tight and wait for the next Living Story chapter. It’s pretty calm right now, but I’m sure they’ll be back to their 2-week grindfests soon enough.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/editorials/80-things-do-level-80

This is old, but most of it is still valid. Congrats on the Legendary, now get out in the world and do something else.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/editorials/80-things-do-level-80

This is old, but most of it is still valid. Congrats on the Legendary, now get out in the world and do something else.

25. Find and use a vial of black dye
26. Find a vial of black dye and give it to a friend

Well.. those two are out since you can’t find unidentified dyes anymore. :/

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

According to /age, I have played 6.9k hours since 3 days pre-launch. I have done pretty much everything except the ridiculous achievements like killing xxxxx of dolyaks or killing xxxx monsters. I don’t have legendaries, I don’t see the meaning of having one.

I pretty much chit-chat in the guild, rot in the cities, play the PvP, play the WvW, play the EoTm, pretty much just wasting time, alt tab to look at world news, troll on the local forums, browse the yotube, watch anime, ok, im side tracking here.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Finish the Legendary set for the class you play. Or for the real hardcore TP PvPers, go for the complete set!

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

Well, what is it about video games do you enjoy? When you have your answer, go do that.

Some people like adventure, or action, or collecting, or perfecting, or socializing, or testing their skill. If you’ve done those things and the game doesn’t have much more to offer in that area, maybe look at a new game and see if you can find what you like again there.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

make second legendary or make new character i personally making new one. If you want we can party ingame

Posted by: hedition.7261

hedition.7261

Get a girlfriend.
Get married if you already have a girlfriend.
Have a kid if you already have a wife.
Bring them on holiday if you already have a family.

Made my legendary a few months after launch.
And I realize no one in game cared if I made one.
Quit for 10 months after that.
Realized no one in real life cared either.

Came back after 10 months. See legendaries everywhere.
Playing the game normally and casually.

A happy man.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

After I got my legendary, I focused on my armor and coordinating my wardrobe with it… You don’t really have much options left aside from making ascended armors imho.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Get a girlfriend.
Get married if you already have a girlfriend.
Have a kid if you already have a wife.
Bring them on holiday if you already have a family.

Made my legendary a few months after launch.
And I realize no one in game cared if I made one.
Quit for 10 months after that.
Realized no one in real life cared either.

Came back after 10 months. See legendaries everywhere.
Playing the game normally and casually.

A happy man.

that made me laugh more than it should XD!

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Flash that kitten around Vigil Keep like all the other posers, then go AFK.

1. Save cash for materials to make for rares/exotics to throw in the forge for a pre chance.
2. Hit the jackpot, combine with your dusty old other three gifts and make your legendary.
3. Take the ascended crafting stuff you were going to save for pre crafting (if that patch ever hits) and sell off what you can on the TP.
4. ??? (flash some more of that kitten around VK while waiting for….)
5. PROFIT!!

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

There are many things to go for.I will give you some ideas:

• PvP rank
  • FotM levels/Ascended/Infusions
  • Achievement points and Achievements
TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Niko.8901

Niko.8901

Uninstall because this game has gone to kittening kitten.

Otto Maggic ~Toasty
(sorry, I don’t give much wxp)