What Treadmill?

What Treadmill?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Trickyg.8752

Trickyg.8752

Alright guys, I understand that there are concerns about the inserted ascended tier items and how everyone is afraid it’s the start of a treadmill. Too many people are upset and furious about this and you shouldn’t be.

ArenaNet is only bridging the gap between exotic and legendary tiers. If you guys would have read the blog post you would understand that “legendary” is meant to be the highest tier and the ascension tier was only introduced so that people didn’t hit a wall trying to get legendary items. We also don’t even know exactly how these new items will work

“You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future”
This tells us they plan on adding legendary armor and they probably planned on it for awhile.

What Treadmill?

Posted by: Laef.4519

Laef.4519

ArenaNet is only bridging the gap between exotic and legendary tiers.

There currently isn’t a gap between the two, but there will be now..

Oops! Google Chrome could not find exitsurvey.guildwars2.com

What Treadmill?

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I wasn’t aware that exotics and legendaries had a gap that needed bridging.

What Treadmill?

Posted by: xeph.8410

xeph.8410

FYI, Legendary and Exotic currently have the same stats.

What Treadmill?

Posted by: JJGlyph.9746

JJGlyph.9746

The new patch puts Ascended gear between exotics and legendaries. Ascended gear has higher stats than exotics, which means legendaries will likely be getting a boost.

What Treadmill?

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

And it should have same stats as exotics and only there for looks/bragging rights.

There should be equal stats across the board no matter what just like the first game and just like they said in their Manifesto.

Are we wrong in wanting them to stay the course instead of buckling and doin a total 180 on design promises??

Legendaries getting DMG buff will have adverse effects on Wv3 which is my main complaint along with more stats on this new gears. It means you have to do this stuff or be inferior to those that do. This turns into gear wars which I left other games to escape!

Even .00001% increase is to much. 1:1 or bust.

What Treadmill?

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

Everyone apparently misread the original blog post.

“In November we’ll unveil the first Ascended items. This new rarity type falls between Exotic and Legendary on the spectrum of rarity and has slightly higher stats than Exotics.”

It’s between the 2 in RARITY, not quality. However, they decided to increase them both in quality.

Ascended gear and Legendaries will be equivalent stats. With exotics slightly below that.

What Treadmill?

Posted by: Talloc.6835

Talloc.6835

The new patch puts Ascended gear between exotics and legendaries. Ascended gear has higher stats than exotics, which means legendaries will likely be getting a boost.

Oh cool, so they’re going back on their ideas for legendaries as well.

What Treadmill?

Trickyg.8752

Oh? How many legendary items do you have? How many exotics do you have?

EDIT: "We designed the process of getting Legendary gear to be a long term goal, but players were ready to start on that path much sooner than we expected and were becoming frustrated with a lack of personal progression. "

What Treadmill?

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Does it matter? The guy with the legendary has the SAME exact stats as my Arah Greatsword. There is no gap, unless you call purple and orange names a gap.

What Treadmill?

Trickyg.8752

Does it matter? The guy with the legendary has the SAME exact stats as my Arah Greatsword. There is no gap, unless you call purple and orange names a gap.

The gap is personal progression.