What Went Wrong

What Went Wrong

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

The single biggest problem I have with the changes to the leveling system (from FP1 and 2) is that you’re not adding rewards. Instead, you’re taking away systems that were once freely given and then doling them out sparingly, in order to make things feel or seem more rewarding.

That illusion might work for some people, but most of us don’t appreciate “progress” when it means we’re losing out overall. It is never a good thing to take away a free convenience only to sell it back to us, and try to convince people that it is a reward. Sure, some people will buy it. That doesn’t make it a good plan.

There have been many improvements made, yet I’d gladly give up on them all (wardrobe and crafting interface included) if it meant I could enjoy leveling a new character again. You’ve taken the joy away from my playstyle, and you’ve pointed the finger at the CDI as the reason behind it all. Message received: I won’t be participating in any further CDI threads.

I wouldn’t have played this game. And the next time a new game catches my eye, I really have no incentive to keep playing this one.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

What Went Wrong

Posted by: Paradise.1692

Paradise.1692

I have 24 characters, and only about 15 of them are level 80. I’m currently leveling the rest, and three are still at level 2 and have the whole journey ahead of them.

How I currently feel:
- What was unconditionally mine before is suddenly taken away from me and given back to me as a “reward”, level by level. It’s like someone enters your room, grabs an item from your cupboard, wraps it nicely and hands it to you as a “present”. I already had it, no thanks, I don’t need it handed to me like this.
- Moreover, I suddenly feel like a toddler. Despite me having a lot of level-80 characters, they suddenly take my hand, declare me incapable of finding my way through Tyria and the game mechanics, and guide me along. Every time this level-up window opens and I get my “rewards” I feel like being punched in the face. It’s a nuisance, and I wish the game would take me serious as a player and stop ridiculing me.

But that’s just one of countless disappointments I had over the years. GW1 is a phenomenally good game. GW2 is……

What Went Wrong

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I have 24 characters, and only about 15 of them are level 80. I’m currently leveling the rest, and three are still at level 2 and have the whole journey ahead of them.

How I currently feel:
- What was unconditionally mine before is suddenly taken away from me and given back to me as a “reward”, level by level. It’s like someone enters your room, grabs an item from your cupboard, wraps it nicely and hands it to you as a “present”. I already had it, no thanks, I don’t need it handed to me like this.

Yes, exactly. It’s shoddy.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?