What Would You Pay For?

What Would You Pay For?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Exactly what the title says: What would you pay for on the trading post?
I would deffinetly pay for an option to change class color schemes. By this I mean if I wanted to change the color of my necro’s skills to yellow, I could. There would be 8 colors in total: Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple (mesmer color basically), black, white. Purchasing one color would unlock it account wide, so you could make all of your characters have yellow skills if you wanted to. The class color is just “default”. That’s what I would pay for, What about you guys?

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

if that gets me the engineer backpacks away or looking good… then yea.. im would pay

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

That sounds exciting, makes me think of Warframe. I’d pay gems for that, though I’d much sooner trade in gold to get them than use real money.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but…

In general, I will not pay for anything RNG. I don’t mind paying for things but I tend not to gamble. I tend not to pay for anything consumable. Examples…BL keys, dye kits, etc.

I enthusiastically pay for things that have good in-game utility, are account-bound, and are durable (perpetual gathering tools, bag slot expansion, bank slot expansion, armor skins and outfits, etc.

As for the class color changes…yeah…that sounds kinda cool as long as it was a definite change rather than a “chance to change.”

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Absolutely nothing, until traits are fixed.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

There’s already a big thread about what people want in the Gem Store.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/List-Of-Things-We-Want-In-Gemstore/page/34

Presumably, if you want it in the store, it’s because you’d get the item.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

You can get the gold to unlock all the traits by running a couple of dungeons.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

While I see your point (I think), I think it would take more than a couple of dungeons…unless my math is off (or I am not understanding your point).

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

And the ~300+ skill points?

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Apparently nGumball can get the ~43 gold and 360 or so skill points needed by “running a couple of dungeons” . . . not sure what game those dungeons are in but apparently its QED.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Apparently nGumball can get the ~43 gold and 360 or so skill points needed by “running a couple of dungeons” . . . not sure what game those dungeons are in but apparently its QED.

Who said anything about the skill points? Running a couple of dungeons for 2 days will get you approx 60 gold in which case you don’t even need to do most of the longer paths. Yeah, you farm the dungeons and the whole new method is harder than before but I am just pointing out that there is an alternative if you are ready to invest into it.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

mounts with speed buff obviously, housing furniture

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Who said anything about the skill points?

You implied it when you drew a connection between gold and buying the traits.

The gold cost feels less bothersome than the skill points to be honest, especially when you have to pick between unlocking traits and unlocking utilities.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I would probably pay for the ability to dye my weapons. I don’t think thats the type of thing to be in the cash shop, maybe in a future feature pack.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Nothing until I have BiS gear.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

Some decently made armors or armors from the 1st game. Nothing special. I love my Phalanx, it’s so good, and goes well with other armor pieces. I don’t really spend gems on stuff other than armor, so yeah.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Nothing.

Until pvp gets some love like:
- separated balance (currently PvP and PvE is balanced together) ..
- better income so we can actually afford private pvp servers..
- better reward idea.. because one exotic per 4 days is kittened…

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

A traditional expansion DLC which adds a new race, a new profession, class elites for all classes, new armours and new maps – not accessible without payment.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

Voice Packs.

It’s kinda the reason I bought the XXX-tron stuff.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

A proper expansion and some real guns which do a proper amount of dmg, unlike those peashooters we have now.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

1. My running animation back (and new animations for all races).

2. My old idle animations back (with new ones to mix-n-match).

3. My old mix-n-match adventure outfit.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I would deffinetly pay for an option to change class color schemes. By this I mean if I wanted to change the color of my necro’s skills to yellow, I could. There would be 8 colors in total: Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple (mesmer color basically), black, white. Purchasing one color would unlock it account wide, so you could make all of your characters have yellow skills if you wanted to. The class color is just “default”. That’s what I would pay for, What about you guys?

The ability of changing colors for every single skill, like in Champions Online, would be nice. So that you for example can color fire skills from an elementalist to blue so that they look like ice.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: knives.6132

knives.6132

Skill animations. I want something more unique than fashion.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Would definitely pay for weapon colorization.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Talking about real money: I pay for stuff when I’m overall satisfied with the game. This is because I believe that I will be in game for awhile and it’s worth investing in. During the first year of GW2, I bought a few gems. However, I haven’t bought any more since.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

6th playable race, of course.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Harak.8397

Harak.8397

Race specific ( Charr in my case ) armor options. Humans need not apply, everything is tailored for them already.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

New weapons, new skills and subclasses.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

New weapons, new skills and subclasses.

this … but i would not want to see it in the gem store …

just want the content .. expansion- living story update

(edited by caveman.5840)

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

I don’t pay for RNG. Not ever. Those Black Lion boxes? Opened the ones I could with the keys I got for doing personal story and I think used to get here and there from map completion.

Its been so long I don’t really recall if it was two or five or maybe a few more, but not many, and I didn’t/won’t buy anything of the sort.

I did buy permanent harvesting tools. For all the crafting and material reselling I do, they’ve easily paid for themselves many times over by now, and I’ll have them forever.

IF TRAIT UNLOCKING WENT AWAY —

I’d buy a new race unlock if I liked the race. I just can’t think of any ‘likely’ races they’d go for that I’d actually want. It is, however, entirely feasible.

Unlocks of things I find to be worth it in a cost/value comparison. My unlimited use harvesting tools? Totally worth it to me; I use the heck out of them every time I play.

I have an unlimited use hair restyle kit that I use occasionally. I got it as a drop though; I probably wouldn’t have ever bought one.

Permament total makeover kit? I could see myself buying one if it didn’t cost more than $20-$25 in gems. I’m not against them making some money with things like that, but anything more than that and it just wouldn’t be worth it to me over even the long haul. I bet they absolutely would be to a good many though.

New weapon unlocks? These should never be paid-for unlocks. Make a new class and have that be a paid-for unlock; that’s fine. Gating weapons for existing classes behind a pay wall? Horrible plan.

New class: I’d probably buy it even though, under the current trait unlocking system, I have no plans on actually leveling a new character…well, ever. I know me – I’d spring for it just to see what it had going for it in first-hand fashions, provided it didn’t cost something stupid and ridiculous. About $10 seems reasonable to me for a class unlock. Maybe a token $0.05 if it doesn’t have traits unlocked, since all its potential entertainment value will almost certainly be more than neutralized (and then some) by the added time cost of having to unlock traits for it.

New power colors? I likely wouldn’t bother at all if they were anything less than account-wide unlocks, and I doubt I’d pay more than $5 per color on a good day. I expect a good few would pay a lot more and be unable to sleep until they had them all, but I’m not that guy.

Infinite transmute reskin charges? I’d pay a decent bit for that. As it is, I’m very sparing with how many charges I’ll use to reskin things. I don’t reskin things nearly as often as I’d like to for one simple reason – I don’t feel Anet deserves to be rewarded for kicking my plans to ever play new characters right into the garbage.

Used to be that I was pretty uncaring about if I spent $20-$30 on charges in a month, messing around with different appearances and sometimes just goofing off making one of my guys looks hilarious and stupid or somesuch.

Now though, with trait unlocking as it is? Nope. Since it will now cost me a substantial quantity of time to make a new character useful irrespective of their level and gear, I will keep my money as payment for my time.

That trait system is expensive. You pay in either having to wait around hoping to get in on specific events most aren’t doing anywhere or in the time it takes to farm the appropriate amount of gold and skill points.

I might cave and make a new character and unlock only what I need for a specific build I intend to play, but Anet won’t be getting my money for pretty much anything anymore.

Everything has its price, at day’s end. Making me spend my time doing nonsense I will not enjoy doing for reasons I do not at all approve of has cost Anet about $100 a month that I used to spend on random nonsense from the store (They made a fair bit off me just for adding the gifting option. I’m not poor, and I used to often hear some friend wishing they had X or Y, then going ‘Teehee’ and sending it to them out of nowhere.).

C’est la vie.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

(edited by naiasonod.9265)

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

An Expansion!!!

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Nothing.

Until I’m compensated for fractal-reset.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I would pay 400 gems, if Anet makes an official announcement that they wont release a paid expansion in 2015.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

Hah, figures half of these replies would be “nothing until X and Y is fixed” posts.

As for me, I’d pay for:

• Voice packs for my charr females. The current voice fits none of them.
  • Town clothes skins. Not outfits, not tonics. SKINS.
  • New underwears. What? Customization is everything in this game.

What Would You Pay For?

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Guild Wars 2.

Attachments:

The table is a fable.