What about Open World Culling?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

This makes Roleplaying/Open World PvE Horrible, When will it be fixed?

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

This makes Roleplaying/Open World PvE Horrible, When will it be fixed?

We’re working on getting over-all game performance with large #‘s of players/mobs on screen running better first. Some improvements were included in the last release, a number of additional performance improvements will be included in the release next week. Once we’re up to performance that can handle the transition to include mobs in the more advanced culling system, we’ll pull the switch, hopefully not that far off but I can’t give an ETA since we’re still doing extensive testing on performance.

As a bonus, the perf fixes next week should also help any location with lots of players and very few mobs, hello WvW.

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

I would have sworn I read some where that they were going to do away with culling in pve with the May 14th patch…

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

I would have sworn I read some where that they were going to do away with culling in pve with the May 14th patch…

It wasn’t done™.

Here’s to hoping it gets done™ this time.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

It was some leaked information on Reddit, I think. However, I think Colin (or someone else) already confirmed before the 14th that removed culling in PvE would not appear in that patch because they are still testing it.

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

It was on the event page but there was a dev post stating that it was still in testing so they removed it.

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

Gotcha, figured it was something like that since I couldnt find the souce anymore.

Thanks for the info.

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

As a bonus, the perf fixes next week should also help any location with lots of players and very few mobs, hello WvW.

You mean, “hello Lion’s Arch”?

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis