What about everyone else?(LS2)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I know its early in the season but so far we see very story-centric content which I like but I also like a lot of other parts of the game and I don’t really see how those can possibly be affected by the living story. Dungeons, WvW, sPvP, hardcore pve’ers. What about those communities? I know some of the devs have said they can do this and do that through the LS but I don’t really see that happening if the content is orthogonal to the story. Since this is true, when do we actually get content for those other areas? A feature patch? Some other expansion? I may end up eating my own words. I just feel like after the most recent update that the living story is even more narrow in the community it caters too.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Afaik, the dungeon team has been disbanded and we can’t really expect anything in this area. Which is one of the precious few places to escape from the megaserver zergs…

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I have the feeling LS2 stuff has been ready for over a year and that now they have given up on GW2 and are instead working on another game, for the better and the worse.

Hopefully GW3 will have GvG.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Rytlock frees the ghosts. This will open up the opportunity to introduce three totally new paths in AC including new tokens for new weapon and armor sets, dozens of new hearts and dozens of new events including several new world bosses on the level of triple trouble.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I think it’s pretty safe to say that the WvW community wants no part of LS2 in the WvW maps. Anet tried that with LS1 and it was not well received.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Updates to WvW and PvP will probably be totally seperate from Living Story. As Herr der Friedhoefe said they tried working a WvW update into the Living Story and it didn’t go down well at all, with either WvW or PvE players.

PvE stuff could well be worked into the Living Story like the Tequatl update and the new Twilight Arbor path were. As someone else said they don’t have a dedicated dungeon team working on nothing but that any more, but that’s been the case for about a year now and it hasn’t stopped them making some changes to dungeons.

But we don’t know. They haven’t told us anything about Season 2 except that it will involve a new dragon (Mordremoth) and that all the content will be permenant. For more details we probably have to wait until that update is about to come out.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

They got rid of Robert Hrouda, their dungeon guy. If you like dungeons, you might want to play something else. It’s not going to happen in GW2.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m pretty sure that the guys who were the first dungeon team who people got rid of didn’t make the best dungeons in this game.

As far as I can tell the dungeons that were made by the second group who made dungeons were better received than the original dungeon team.

Saying that they got rid of one guy so they’ll be no more dungeons is like saying we got rid of one political party so there’ll be no more senate.

I’m pretty sure there are devs at Anet working on 5 man instanced content.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I’m pretty sure that the guys who were the first dungeon team who people got rid of didn’t make the best dungeons in this game.

As far as I can tell the dungeons that were made by the second group who made dungeons were better received than the original dungeon team.

Saying that they got rid of one guy so they’ll be no more dungeons is like saying we got rid of one political party so there’ll be no more senate.

I’m pretty sure there are devs at Anet working on 5 man instanced content.

he worked on the second group of dungeons as well.

but it is true he is just one guy on the team

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Dungeons in GW2 are really boring and most of them looks vary similar.This game needs more dungeons like on WOW,TERA etc…meaning – dark castles etc.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I like it, but it doesn’t keep me in the game for very long because it’s brief and doesn’t leave me with much to do.
The dry top area with the event chain stuff is a decent example, it’s different to other open world stuff and it’s something I can do over and over to get something I need – dragonite. I would love for LS in the future to leave behind some new, permanent dungeons that are repeatable and have unique skin rewards however I’m not sure if it’ll happen because there is currently no dungeon team.

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I like it, but it doesn’t keep me in the game for very long because it’s brief and doesn’t leave me with much to do.
The dry top area with the event chain stuff is a decent example, it’s different to other open world stuff and it’s something I can do over and over to get something I need – dragonite. I would love for LS in the future to leave behind some new, permanent dungeons that are repeatable and have unique skin rewards however I’m not sure if it’ll happen because there is currently no dungeon team.

The second, most recent patch added even less for me. Again, I do like what they’ve done with the story instances, but in this patch for everything else they just extended dry top a bit and added a few more events and thats not really significant in my opinion. They technically did that in the first patch but thats because it was new. This is just expanding no what dry top currently is, not adding any new systems to the map, etc.