What am I supposed to do with all these?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ParanoidKami.2867

ParanoidKami.2867

I am someone who hates to use limited time experience boosters so I have a buildup of 154 boosters which I need to get rid of somehow. Is there any way to trade them in for gold or something useful? I also have 1,356 Empyreal Fragments, 2,029 Piles of Bloodstone Dust, and 1,315 Dragonite Ore that I don’t know what to do with.

• 14 Repair Canisters
• 2 Armor Boosters
• 2 Item Boosters
• 1 WXP Booster
• 1 Killstreak Experience Booster
• 5 Crafting Boosters
• 6 Experience Boosters
• 6 Rejuvenation Boosters
• 1 Booster Multipack
• 10 Experience Boosters
• 6 Heroic Boosters
• 11 Merchant Express
• 4 Revive Orbs
• 14 Bank Access Expresses
• 11 Birthday Boosters
• 5 Magic Find Boosters
• 3 WXP Mini-Boosters
• 10 Strength Boosters
• 4 Karma Boosters
• 11 Trading Post Expresses
• 5 Speed Boosters
• 12 Celebration Boosters
• 10 Teleport to Friend

Attachments:

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Use them, consolidate them with Enchanted Powder (where possible), or discard them. I believe there is also a Mystic Forge recipe, but it just makes more Boosters, afair.

That’s about it. Not sure why one wouldn’t want to use the MF boosters, at least.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The other stuff: no, there’s no trade in value. If you don’t like the free boosters and utilities, toss them.

PS You can consolidate boosters, but don’t do that with the karma ones — you cannot get that buff from enchanted powder after. (But you can get MF, speed, and such).

• Speed is handy for when you are working on achievements or map exploration or personal stories.
  • Celebration and birthday boosters: just load them up on a couple of toons. You’ll get the benefits for whatever time you are playing and save the inventory space.
  • Teleport to friend is useful for cheezing achievements that require getting to awkward locations, e.g. top of Not So Secret for the dive, various hero points in the new maps.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

To waste Bloodstone Dust Herta is probably easier to get.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Im jealous, I would love to take all those boosters from you to feed my alt addicton

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

+1 Otter…I love those boosters

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Best thing to do is combine them using Booster Enchantment Powder so they take up less space, and then use them up gradually.

I don’t particularly like using boosters, I certainly wouldn’t buy them, but since they’re free and I can’t do anything else with them I use them when I remember.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: ParanoidKami.2867

ParanoidKami.2867

Thanks for the tips and I’ll definitely try to get rid of the materials that way. Just wish there was a way to get rid of the boosters like turning them into hero points or something like that.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Thanks for the tips and I’ll definitely try to get rid of the materials that way. Just wish there was a way to get rid of the boosters like turning them into hero points or something like that.

Take them to the armour guy (not the weapon one) at the TP and you can trade them for the combined boosters. These you can then use for ether Magic Find or Gathering bonus. The gathering bonus ones are great if you need to farm a lot of something in a hurry. Place them on an alt or 2 and park them somewhere and just log in on them each day to gather.

Good examples are the flax field or the Trees in Malchors leap. If you roam around the area near those trees in Malchor’s Leap you can usually find Ori or Ancient as well. This is a great way to also get Firefox clusters or whatever they are called.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?