What are 3 features that you wish the most?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Sigh, again the next page forum bug, if forum bug fixes would be “features”, I guess, this could be put into the list too xD

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

An option to move to a less populated overflow of the megaserver.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

1. Endgame character progression system based on unlocking traits and utility skills
2. Build templates
3. New guild missions

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

1. WHITE polar bears for rangers.

2. Elite underwater minion for necromancers.

3. HP bar color change for necromancers when they use death shroud. (When i play a support guard in group and a necromancer shoots off death shroud I always thing their health is dropping. A color change to something like green would improve this.)

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Since theres been much debate about the upcoming Feature Pack update and its announcements ive been wondering which are the Top 3 Features that you wish be added to this?

1. New WvW maps. Preferably multiple sets so they can change from week to week and at least one with some larger expanses of water for underwater combat.

2. Some restoration of server identity though the megaservers through some sort of “world chat” channel that can only be seen by players that share your world. It’s difficult to do in-game recruitment and communication for WvW on the PvE maps without it.

3. Less populated megaserver maps or the option to be sent to less populated megaserver maps. I’m not asking for empty maps and some crowded maps are fine (e.g., Lion’s Arch) but I’d rather not see commander tags and zergs everywhere I go. Zerg play is not everyone’s ideal.

3. The ability to salvage karma and WvW badge armor to recover runes. I don’t care if it doesn’t yield globs of ectoplasm or dark matter. I want to be able to get the runes out without buying a way-too-expensive extractor.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

1. First person zoom
2. More karma armor sets
3. (PvE Only?) Ranger skill 1 no longer auto-pilot

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

• Chairs that work.
  • /follow command. Ideally with a point in a formation as an option.
  • An ‘RP’ flag that helps group roleplayers together in the Megaserver.

And a free bonus -

• Access to the conversational emotes that NPCs already use.

(edited by Stormdancer.4972)

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Guild vs Guild with guild halls.

Optional pet on Ranger

Enemies being modeled after player characters (stats and builds) instead of HP sponges.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

honestly, i have plenty, but right now i just wish they’d reconsider releasing what they announced today…

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

features:

1) PvE and/or WvW “reward tracks” – similar to what is in PvP. these would be advanced by doing specific tasks related to the game mode to achieve rewards (some of which are unique to that game mode). this is also a way of organizing the “maudrey process” to “craft” precursors…a unique track for each that might also include specific quests to create some lore around the legendaries these precursors will create.

2) guild halls/player quarters – guild halls w/ instanced player quarters inside. the guild hall is grow-able/customized through guild events and spending influence….the player quarters can be customized by the player spending karma from a vendor. move/replicate our personal nodes into the guild hall….and leave the personal instance in each city for PS missions.

3)mob AI revamp – we need more mobs/bosses that create a use or need for other play-styles/builds beyond pure zerker. it’s okay to have some “slow and infrequent oneshot” mobs that zerkers thrive on….but could also use more mobs highly susceptible to condition dmg, and those that do very frequent fast/smaller damage attacks that would give use for defensive/support builds. we also need some bosses to be designed so that CC/interrupts are actually necessary to win.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

Posted by: CyClotroniC.4957

CyClotroniC.4957

1) Build Diversity / Profession Equality —-> Split PvP and PvE more!

Probably the biggest issue for me. I’m kind of getting sick of the max DPS, go zerker or go home meta in PvE, and the sad thing is that most of these voices have a really valid point, I have to admit, even as a huge condi-fan. I think that the main issue is that build balances are made from a PvP point of view, and a well-balanced PvP certainly won’t make my condi necro needed in a dungeon group. :S

All in all, the most thing I love to see in this game, is that a good condi/support build can provide as much utility for a group as a pure raw damage, DPS build does.

Condi cap should be probably revisited or at least rework in a way that stronger conditions just simply overwrite the weak one, plus condis (and healing power) should scale more radically. Now a raw damage build is causing more significant secondary damage from condis (without stating for it) than a condi damage build is causing with a secondary raw damage. I know that condis are still the way to go for PvP, but I would really love to play a condi necro and be useful in PvE too.

When a dungeon group has no hard feelings for taking necros, engis or rangers to a dungeon or when a condi/support build is welcomed to any parties, then I would say we have a really good balance in PvE.

2) Dyeable weapons

Just based on the smilar looking weapons (like the ascended ones), I guess it won’t happen, but imagine how the demand would change for certain weaponsets. I mean I think everyone has a certain skin that he loves for the shape, but the color is simply off for him. While I hate every “add fire to it to make it look awesome” concepts, I can really imagine the Fused Weapons with “black fire” for my necro. It would be like pure darkness dripping off from rusty chains. Would be so awesome… And that’s only one idea.

3) Mystic Forging ascended rings and ascended materials

I just want to throw in 4 unwanted rings and get 1 random. Not asking for anything fancier.

Oh and I really want to do something with all those bloodstone/dragonite/empyreal stuff as well… Maybe implement something time gated in the future, that requires all of those, like the Vision Crystals, but make them tradeable, so that players who play all aspects of the game, and have like 100+ bricks, ingots, stars stocked up already in their bank, can have at least some kind of daily income from selling their end products.

Necros need more love… seriously. – http://necroaming.tumblr.com/

(edited by CyClotroniC.4957)

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

1 – side quests/order/racial quests- we need more story..for those who are lvl 80 and dont like pvp/WvW the storyline is dead when you hit lvl 80 and have to wait for LivingStory that might take 2 hours max to complete story wise…we need more stuff to do,story to progress,a reason for the character to go on and we to log in,no merely do dailies and have fluff/achievement

2 – Companions/Henchmen – Custumizable henchmen to lend a hand and lvl with,granting a buff or even fight beside you,granted it would be difficult to implement,imagine everyone had a henchmen attacking in open world,might be troublesome,or in dungeons,but how cool would a little bio,and a customizable armor,leveling up companion would be

3 – Guild halls/Player housing- -nuff said right?

Posted by: Babow.1952

Babow.1952

A way to track events that aren’t world bosses (for example temples) with an API like we used to be able to.

An opt out of megaservers, or an option of how populated we like our maps, or a way to choose which map we get put into.

World bosses to feel like dynamic living world events again, and not be on a schedule.

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Heya, here’s my list.

1) Player housing : would love to decorate, buy furnitures and plants (maybe something to harvest too) and have some 8h/12h buff coming from my house. Would be nice to choose a place in the map to build it, and it may takes also 3-4 months of crafting or charging crystals. And maybe an event per week where your house’s being attacked by monster and you have to defend it. Would love to invite friends in there and maybe they could be able to explore with achievements (Visit your friends’ house or Find a house with this furniture). I would laugh so much

2) World Bosses: It’s just my dream but I’d love a super mega turtle as a world boss. Maybe a failed experiment from an Asura that created a mega robot in turtle form.

3) If we can’t have Hard Mode of Dungeons then I’d like some perma new dungeons or paths for the existing ones. I would suggest AC for new players and Arah and CoF, since these 2 dungeon can be more rewarding for “us veterans” and so more enjoyable. Maybe these new paths could drop something new, like a House Contract (point 1)

4) New legendaries. We need more skins for legendary, not just for the greatswords that has 3. Let’s say 2 choices per legendary with a “good” one and a “bad” one. For example, if I make a charr ranger with black armor, and devil eyes etc, I will never going to craft/buy The Dreamer, which launches unicorns and rainbows. You should add a “dark” and "light version for every elegendary, like you did with Twilight and Sunrise + the possibility to have them both like Eternity.

5) I don’t think we’ll have capes for guild since we have already Backs, but maybe you could create a Back Cape that has the guild symbol and can be craftable by the guild leader, based on his preference. Then he can craft more of them and getting money back for guildies that want their capes.

6) Outifts. Let us discover recipes for craft them, even if it would take 1 week to list e everything that’s needed.

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

Feature One – Set up a way to join maps based on IP. Have it show the IP of the map your friends are on beside their name on your friends list and just type /join IP(whatever) thereby putting you on the same map. This eliminates the need for having to wait for everyone to drop group, taxi people over, then regroup. This eliminates that pesky ritual for people who are on the same home server, but different maps.

Feature Two – Somewhere on the screen, preferably on the side, give us blank spots to drag waypoints for quick access instead of having to open the map, and click. Just mouse over and click DR or wherever and it takes us there. How about 10 or so blank spots for our choosing.

Feature Three – Not really a feature, but let us salvage karma gear. Sure people who are sitting on the cap can make substantial amount of money, but it’ll be a one time gain. And once they run out, they’ll be back to 0 and have to save it all up again. Leave it soulbound but salvageable. The reason I think this is a good idea is because for one, temple gear maybe just a little under par with exotic, but by the same you save up enough karma to buy some temple gear, you’ll have enough gold to go by a full set of exotic and thus better gear.

That or Lower the cost of temple gear or raise the stats on it so it’s actually on par with exotic.

(edited by Shivan.9438)

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

- Hobosack issue fixed (cant even make that many exclamation marks)

- Class specific (in visual design but availabe to all in the weight class) ascended armor so that people got a reason to work towards it not only for stats, also for visual appeal.

- Class specific (in visual design but availabe to all in the weight class) armors in general

- Guild halls\capes\“toy banners (to carry to battle for looks)”\armor designs\ GvG mode

- New class weapons\skills

- New weapon types and\or 1 class specific special weapon only that class can use
(like necro scythe, ranger bo staff, engineer heavy cannon, warrior greataxe, guardian tome, thief hand claws, ele scrolls (or off hand staff.. gandalf ftw) etc…)

- More end game content and dungeons\fractals\event chains

- Weapon\backpiece dyes (GOD PLEASE >_<)

- sub classes

-assignable weapon skills (atleast the last 2-3 skills from a pool of “everybody could do that” skills like npcs tend to do a lot)

-interresting pvp modes\maps (so that i can do that stuff atleast once before getting bored to death after a few minutes)

-pve\wvw\pvp seperated at balancing and automated build switching between these modes like already in pvp. For wvw just have a seperate equipment window that allows to assign either completely new items\runes\traits\skills or re-use what you use for pve.

- even if i dont care for it personally cause i dont like the legendaries good enough to bother to make one… but… precursor crafting so that those who want to can do it cause im starting to feel sorry for those who get punished by just not beeing lucky enough to get the only piece that actually is based on PERFECT rng luck or cant (for obvios reasons…check the prices…jesus christ on a bicycle) affort the darn things.

- these sweet lore books and loading screens from the beta

…thats what id love to see atleast

(edited by Basaltface.2786)

Posted by: thiago.5608

thiago.5608

1) The ability to upgrade Ranger’s pets, make them usefull!!

2) Instanced Raids!!

3) Sub-Classes & New Weapons.

“The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.”

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

1. New Skills, Builds

2. Simplified UI (Toggle On/Off UI elements)

3. Mini-Pet System (Slot for auto-use)

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

1) being able to do more than one thing per click, e.g. being able to bring a box up to type, say, 250 when buying ember powder or having an option to “use stack” of whatever stacks are in your bags.

2) Add the “follow” option. I don’t want it to be lazy, I want it because I am arthritic. My mouse hand is screaming at me by the time I complete, say, mapping a main city. No, auto run does not cover all of it. You do have to steer. Actually, #1 is because I am arthritic as well.

3) Have it so that eventually, even if your RNG sucks, you will get the item. Make it take a long time but, as long as you work for it, you know you will get there.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

(edited by Gregori.5807)

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

1) Build/Trait Templates that can be saved
2) Guild Halls
3) Greataxe added as a new weapon

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Skyline.3480

Skyline.3480

If I had the power to magically force the developers to implement one and only one feature of my choice into the game, I would pick without hesitation:

• Prevent spell shader effects from drawing on current combat target models.

Meleeing in this game is game is extremely frustrating as it is downright impossible to distinguish any sort of animation from your foe due to the fact that you are blinded by a myriad of spell effects. I have complained about this issue since headstart, but Anet doesn’t care. They want the game to be as flashy as possible.

Most players don’t care much either because:
ONE: most of the time, accurately spotting an attack tell and dodging is completely unnecessary. The amount of content that actually requires you to dodge is minuscule. World bosses notwithstanding, whose size prevents from this issue affecting them. AKA too big to be completely covered in kitten.

TWO: Most players play on low graphic settings, which ameliorates the problem somehow, but doesn’t eliminate it.

Posted by: Bolthar.7192

Bolthar.7192

(1) Trait and Dye Templates – Anet makes money here, give players 2 or 3 templates per character for dyes and for traits, then if the players wants more they can buy them on the gem store per character! Everyone’s happy!

(2) Factions and Reputation – 2 new factions at least, on dedicated to clearing the risen, one to the mordrem. These in addition to the main 3 (Vigil, Priory, Whispers) Orders would have quartermasters offering rewards at different reputation tiers. The main 3 Orders would also have missions offering side story and a REAL feeling of involvement in the order the player joined. Adds story, loot, achievement, depth and life to the game.

(3) WvW and Dungeon exclusive gear, like the new PvP exclusive gear idea. Then add new gear for each of these game types in seasons. Adds more gear to the game (not gemstore) gives the players something to work towards and keep working towards and something to show for their time and efforts. Not to mention something to show off

I think that would be my 3 if I had to pick. That was fun.

Posted by: X the Mad.1098

X the Mad.1098

Only 2 things really.

Make mouse look toggleable. There is no reason I should need to hold down right mouse button for 99% of my movement.

Mounts, or an overall speedboost, even if it was just in towns. The world is HUGE and the chars move painfully slow.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

1. Redesign of trait system, with ease of access re-emphasized.
2. Stored/saved builds (traits, armor, weapons).
3. A side door, so that Lumbergh can’t see me.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Odoakar.4759

Odoakar.4759

1. New legendaries with new ways of getting precursors.

2. A dueling option, or some sort of 1v1

3. A new dungeon or new world area

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

1. Party members visible on minimap

2. Template Trait/skills

3. 3 votes to kick

**bonus round: give me a reason to care about my home instance

“No, I don’t.”

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

1. Bats, as player characters or ranger pets or both.

2. A ‘Guardian of Forever’ style asuran portal that will let you and/or your party replay any personal story mission or living story mission (including the open world parts) in a private instance scaled to whatever you take in (solo or party).

3. Minipet Exchange: trade in your spare Queen Jennahs for just about anything else.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: SmilingBandit.8079

SmilingBandit.8079

1) Headslot Modifiaktions enabled + Outfit enabled

2) Disable Backpack of Engineer Skills

3) Old Level System (The current just faks up new players totally)

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

0.) A true living world, where it’s unlikely that you will run into previously seen content, unless you stay in one area all the time.

1.) Seasons (and associated weather and foliage changing); one season lasts 1,5 month, 4 seasons, for 2 rotations in an IRL year. would come with seasonal hearts & DE’s

2.) True Nights; the game desperately needs darker nights, feature (1) should also come with a difference in content during day & night-time.

3.) Tiered DE’s; to emphasize the impact that players make on the world, the DE-system should have a tiered approach (for DE’s in key sections, as well as diverse locations). Each tier should have sensible and tier-themed DE’s spawning when the meta-string is in it’s respected tier. Failing to do events, or simply not doing them, count towards a hidden counter for ‘upping’ the tier; Successful completing events, or completing key events, count towards a hidden counter to ‘down’ the tier.

4.) A Living Story, that visits both existing maps, as well as revealing new ones (these new ones would have all of the above). That has big open world one time events (f/e turned into a cinematic or adjusted to fit into instanced replay), that comes with a nice replay feature for new players and alts. But most importantly, that adds new DE’s to existing chains, adds tiers or changes them, or introduce entirely new ones.

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

Posted by: Arleii.5304

Arleii.5304

1. – Player housing, Guild Halls
2. – More weapons available to each class, each weapon slot can be additionaly customized
3. – UI QoL improvements, such as “Use All”, “Buy All” etc. (what is so hard about implementing these?!)

Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

1. Splitting of skill functionality between PvE, PvP, and WvW. Following the split, a serious balance overhaul on most skills. Massive reduction of particle effects in PvP and WvW.

2. New game modes for PvP including (but not limited to) Capture the Flag and Guild vs. Guild.

3. Removal of Skyhammer from every PvP queue except hot join.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

1- Guild Halls with GvG and internal guild battles (for practice)
2- EOTM added to PPT rotation, removal of server merge for that map
3- Only 1 borderland map assigned to a defending team every week, must had a new map to fill the gap and that map should be battle/capture-the-flag focused instead of PPT focussed (like a war battlefield)

Posted by: Miriam.2506

Miriam.2506

Housing-System
Replaceable Underwear and also to dye them
Swimsuits and more underwater parts

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

1. Solo mode for dungeons. Something a little more toned down to make it comparable to semi-organized 5 man dungeons as a solo player. If the time to solo is the same as the time to do it with 5 man then the reward should be very similar. Alternatively, x5 reward for soloing a dungeon at current difficulty would also work. When solo mode is active no one can join your party, no cheating

2. Improved strength on rune effects. It kills me that there are all these runes with really cool effects that never get used because their cooldowns are so ridiculously long or are just plain lackluster. Increase the strength, decrease cooldowns, make them worth using. Make Rune choice as big a part in the flavor of your build as your trait and stat choices.

3. When I log into the forums please make it so it takes me to the thread I was looking at instead of having to either find it again or hit back a few times.

:)

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

1. A Guild system notifying members who joined, representing or otherwise of scheduled events going on via mail.

2. For Necromancers, I’d have loved having a system giving me more control over my Minions’ AI (probably similar to how a Ranger would control his pets)

3. A more engaging way to immerse players into the lore behind Tyria outside of just showing flavor text. For reference, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Wn4wAOZmQ&list=UUYUY9_i44IDNOs_Ja815mlA

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

- better rewarding and less boring crafting system
- player housing/guild hall
- prestige classes/custom skills

I’d also add “mounts” to the list, but if I had to choose only three, there ya go.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

1. WvW Improvements
2. sPvP game-modes additions
3. More Dungeons

Why is this a problem?

1. WvW team left
2. sPvP manager left
3. Dungeon team left

Posted by: Smorklatten.5836

Smorklatten.5836

1. Add a new proffesion: Dervish
2. Guil halls
3. Capes
4. Saving multiple builds

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

1. id like my chat tabs to actually go to the tab they name (why does my guild tab always start off on /say?)

2. i want new weapons /new weapon skill that i can customize

3. i want hexes and enchantments and all around more complex combat cuz its just spam spam spam right now

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

1. New maps/modes for PvP.
This is honestly the easiest way to add endgame to GW2 without the need for something new every few weeks (except for the balance patches ofc).

2. More weapons for every profession.
This would make every part of the game more interesting but also balancing the game more difficult.

3. Hard mode for dungeons with new/exclusive rewards.
Relatively easy change which would make dungeons interesting again. Also reward players if they’re able to finish the dungeon solo as a bonus.

Besides that small improvements like templates, account-wide recipes, dyeable weapons, etc.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

1) Update game engine to DX11

2) Long overdue overhaul of WvWvW

3) Build templates

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

1.) Housing system (because it would give me hours and hours of fun, which is what I miss lately while playing this game)
2.) Make more builds viable in PvE
3.) Guild features and content

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

1. A more effective trading post interface. (At the very least, sort by armor weight)
2. An equal amount of weapons available to each class.
3. Emote spam should trigger suppression.
4. Better invisible/dnd settings.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

Screaming plants (other than Sylvari).

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

1. Guild Halls
2. GvG
3. Mini Pet Equipment Slot

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

0.) A true living world, where it’s unlikely that you will run into previously seen content, unless you stay in one area all the time.

1.) Seasons (and associated weather and foliage changing); one season lasts 1,5 month, 4 seasons, for 2 rotations in an IRL year. would come with seasonal hearts & DE’s

2.) True Nights; the game desperately needs darker nights, feature (1) should also come with a difference in content during day & night-time.

3.) Tiered DE’s; to emphasize the impact that players make on the world, the DE-system should have a tiered approach (for DE’s in key sections, as well as diverse locations). Each tier should have sensible and tier-themed DE’s spawning when the meta-string is in it’s respected tier. Failing to do events, or simply not doing them, count towards a hidden counter for ‘upping’ the tier; Successful completing events, or completing key events, count towards a hidden counter to ‘down’ the tier.

4.) A Living Story, that visits both existing maps, as well as revealing new ones (these new ones would have all of the above). That has big open world one time events (f/e turned into a cinematic or adjusted to fit into instanced replay), that comes with a nice replay feature for new players and alts. But most importantly, that adds new DE’s to existing chains, adds tiers or changes them, or introduce entirely new ones.

OOOh I likey !

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

1. Add a friend request system, Remove followers list.
2. Add an option for duelling in pve.

1. YES PLEASE

2. All I can think of seeing this over and over and over again is in WoW being spammed endlessly with Duel requests ALL THE TIME…

So 2a. Ability to perm toggle off ability to request a duel with Me……..

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

1. Guild Halls
2. Guild v Guild
3. User generated content in PvP and PvE

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Andrax.4576

Andrax.4576

1. First Person View for scenery screenshots (honestly, its been 2 years and i haven’t been able to take a single good screenshot without my character being on the screen its stupid)

2. More dungeons and dungeon gear

3. Vanilla traits being automatically unlocked while newly added traits needs to be acquired.

Rose Osiana [Elementalist]
Gandara EU
[DYE]