What are Anet's plans for this game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: normyp.8671

normyp.8671

How big is the Arena net team? Because if these small festival events are all they can produce with about 6-7 months I’m worried for the future of the game. Seriously, is Dragon Bash the combined effort of the entire team? Or 4-5 members? I’d hope it was the latter, I can’t imagine it was that hard to create the event. Seeing as a lot is copy and paste, even the flying dragon is a copy of the shatterer flying through the skies in the charr areas… I’d like a statement from arena net promising that we will get better content than this boring, lame stuff. Sorry to sound like an kitten but it’s not great.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

1. We’re getting events EVERY month. It’s not just dragon bakitten’s also the other 2 living story parts, sab and holiday events.
2. Full trait overhaul coming for every class on June 25th. I’m absolutely sure that that takes a lot of man power.
3. Someone is forgetting WvW/Spvp updates, guild missions, fractals, new jumping puzzles, new cinematics for the story and other things that we constantly get.

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

To make bank off RNG weapon skins.

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

How big is the Arena net team? Because if these small festival events are all they can produce with about 6-7 months I’m worried for the future of the game. Seriously, is Dragon Bash the combined effort of the entire team? Or 4-5 members? I’d hope it was the latter, I can’t imagine it was that hard to create the event. Seeing as a lot is copy and paste, even the flying dragon is a copy of the shatterer flying through the skies in the charr areas… I’d like a statement from arena net promising that we will get better content than this boring, lame stuff. Sorry to sound like an kitten but it’s not great.

Someone seems to have missed the fact that we have gotten new content every single month since release, not just this festival.

And no, they won’t promise anything since people will shout about them lying if it doesn’t happen exactly the way they want it to happen.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Anet has many small teams working on different stuff. One of those teams is the living story team. They also have people working on other projects as well.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I would imagine that most of their team is working on an expansion. If not, I’d be highly surprised, since GW1 released its first xpac within 12 months of prophecies releasing, if I remember correctly.

Mirta.5029

I posted that in response to the OP, how was I supposed to know someone else was going to hit the mark as well.

There is plenty of proof, but I’m not searching it down for you. Go google it, it will give us a break from your presence for at least a small reprieve so we can have grown up talk

Well you used the word “milk” as in they’re using the product just to release a different product. However Aion/ Lineage and all their other games had to fund Guild Wars 2 to begin with. Having in mind that Lineage is still more profitable than Guild Wars 2 it’s probably funding Wildstar far more than Guild Wars 2 does. So if you’re going to say that they’re abusing the product just for other products you have to present proof that it’s not those other products that the money is coming from.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Halloween.
Wintersday.
Super Adventure Box.
Dragon Bash.
Southsun Cove.
Fractals of the Mists.
Living Story.
2 PvP maps.
New events.
New voice acting.
New soundtracks.
Updating reward systems.
Guild Missions.
Costume brawl.
Crab Toss.
Moa Racing.

Yep. Seems like they only have 5 people working on the game.

Edit: I’ll just add more stuff as people point out stuff I have forgotten.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

(edited by Naus the Gobbo.5172)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Halloween.
Wintersday.
Super Adventure Box.
Dragon Bash.
Southsun Cove.
Fractals of the Mists.
Living Story.
2 PvP maps.
New events.
New voice acting.
New soundtracks.
Updating reward systems.

Don’t forget Guild Missions. There are a lot of those.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Halloween.
Wintersday.
Super Adventure Box.
Dragon Bash.
Southsun Cove.
Fractals of the Mists.
Living Story.
2 PvP maps.
New events.
New voice acting.
New soundtracks.
Updating reward systems.
Guild Missions.

Halloween. - Gone, obviously
Wintersday. – gone
Super Adventure Box. – gone
Dragon Bash. – Soon to be gone
Southsun Cove. – Finished/gone
Fractals of the Mists. – old content, but it at least is still here.
Living Story. – I really wouldn’t go there.
2 PvP maps. – if you mean sPvP, I’m sure the 17 guys still playing it are excited.
New events. – Ok there are some new ones that have been added
New voice acting. – Volume stays muted
New soundtracks. – Volume stays muted
Updating reward systems. – When did this happen? Oh you mean the “sometime this summer” thing?
Guild Missions. – Meh. Very niche content.

Not saying they haven’t done anything, I’m saying the quality of the work should improve if they expect player retention beyond 1-2 years.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Mirta.5029

Wintersday. – gone
2 PvP maps. – if you mean sPvP, I’m sure the 17 guys still playing it are excited.
Updating reward systems. – When did this happen? Oh you mean the “sometime this summer” thing?

Not saying they haven’t done anything, I’m saying the quality of the work should improve if they expect player retention beyond 1-2 years.

So you don’t like Spvp and temporary content. We get it. Still it is content. And a lot of content.

lordkrall.7241

Wintersday. – gone

And you missed the whole point completely.

People pretend that there have been more or less no releases and therefore no one is working on the game.
Everything listed there is quite clearly something that someone have worked on since release. Even if some of it is not there anymore.

And just because YOU don’t like something doesn’t mean that it did not require work, or weren’t released.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

They plan on milking the name of Guild Wars for all its worth until the playerbase shrinks beyond profitability. Waiting for ANet to die hard so they can learn from their mistakes the hard way.

Hate to tell you but the old player base of Guild wars is probably not a majority of players of this game. I could be wrong. Even so I still would not expect this team to only look back, never try to create.

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

First – Living Stories.

Second – an expansion for release @ Christmas of this year.

Don’t hold me to the second. pure speculation there, but factfor the former

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Yargesh.4965

Colin has stated a development journal will be published in July. Could wait for that.

Posted by: Motoko.2875

Motoko.2875

They plan on milking the name of Guild Wars for all its worth until the playerbase shrinks beyond profitability. Waiting for ANet to die hard so they can learn from their mistakes the hard way.

Hate to tell you but the old player base of Guild wars is probably not a majority of players of this game. I could be wrong. Even so I still would not expect this team to only look back, never try to create.

You’re right it isn’t. As a game developer I would consider that a major flaw in a product I create. Your statement only supports mine.

IGN: Motoko, Motoko Kai, Gladiator Motoko – Zero Quality [zQ], [LaG], [USA]

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

In today’s politically correct world, I have resigned myself to knowing that telling someone they should do something or research something themselves instead of having others do it for them is an insult.

http://www.neo-philosophy.com/LogicWeek7.html

Please look up “Misplaced burden of proof.”

“Politically correct” isn’t the phrase you’re looking for. Any formal arguments done with logic dictates that the person who makes the claim, should provide proof of it.

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

(…) Seriously, is Dragon Bash the combined effort of the entire team? (…)

Balance changes, big fixes, community interactions, new dungeons, new skins… Yea, they have practically been sitting on their hands.

insert Jackie Chan picture

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

Yargesh.4965

You’re right it isn’t. As a game developer I would consider that a major flaw in a product I create. Your statement only supports mine.

The thing is you are not the game developer.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Halloween.
Wintersday.
Super Adventure Box.
Dragon Bash.
Southsun Cove.
Fractals of the Mists.
Living Story.
2 PvP maps.
New events.
New voice acting.
New soundtracks.
Updating reward systems.
Guild Missions.

A few to add (all permanent additions):

- Costume Brawl
- New mini-dungeons (Vexa’s Lab, Foresaken Halls)
- Overhaul to AC explorable
- New world bosses (Hydra Queen, Queen Karka)
- Moa racing

Posted by: Motoko.2875

Motoko.2875

The thing is you have yet to provide anything valuable to retort against what I have said.

IGN: Motoko, Motoko Kai, Gladiator Motoko – Zero Quality [zQ], [LaG], [USA]

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

That is where you are wrong, evil ally of Vayne. On the internet, everybody is a game designer. I know more about the intricacies of the game and I possess more information about the demographic and the playing habits of Guild wars 2 players than any of those dumb Anet designers. I understand that, increasing a skill effectiveness simply means bumping up numbers here and there. Fixing animation only involves changing the numbers a little. Testing is easy and extremely fast and I know all of thise because I am a game designer, which is why I spend more of my time on the forum critiquing someone’s work instead of making me own.

Yep I am that good.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Yargesh.4965

That is where you are wrong, evil ally of Vayne. On the internet, everybody is a game designer. I know more about the intricacies of the game and I possess more information about the demographic and the playing habits of Guild wars 2 players than any of you real designers. I understand that, increasing a skill effectiveness simply means bumping up numbers here and there. Fixing animation only involves changing the numbers a little.

I am having trouble pegging where you are coming from, keep it up. Seriously.

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

That’s pretty funny.

There’s no proof. There’s theory based on slanted evidence, made up by people who don’t like the game. People said the same crap about WoW years ago. You’d almost think you’d never been to an MMO forum before.

Anyway, I’m sure someone will end up reporting you for getting personal. Frankly I thought it was funny, but you might want to edit it before you get an infraction.

I didn’t think it was personal, but I don’t think anyone reads the posts anyway, I’m pretty sure the infraction system is completely computer controlled.

I really don’t care other than the clogging up of my inbox every time someone takes offense to a relatively mild comment, even by this forums standards.

In today’s politically correct world, I have resigned myself to knowing that telling someone they should do something or research something themselves instead of having others do it for them is an insult.

EDIT to clear the earlier post so this comment won’t be deleted for referencing a deleted comment. /rollseyes.

You sir are a true hero of the community. More people should wise up and bash the dragon so we can get our game back to what it was.

Both of you are one of the true heroes of the community. We (community) appreciate the work and effort you put into convincing NCsoft, oops the consortium, to change it’s evil ways. Without your efforts the forums would be full of trashy, silly and idiotic rants of Vayne and his evil allies in the fight against the consortium.

I am sure sooner or later, you group of heroes shall conqueror Vayne and his evil allies against in the battle for the future of guild wars 2.

For that I want to say thank you, to you and your allies. You guys are superstars.

Thanks, gamer word of mouth is a hell of a thing. Who is Vayne?

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

A few to add (all permanent additions):

- Costume Brawl
- New mini-dungeons (Vexa’s Lab, Foresaken Halls)
- Overhaul to AC explorable
- New world bosses (Hydra Queen, Queen Karka)
- Moa racing

Costume Brawl : cashshop minigame
New mini dungeons: out since day 1, just added an achievement for them
Hydra queen: out since day one, just added achievement
Moa Racing: exact same thing as the cow racing that has been disabled for months in diessa

Posted by: Kozume.9035

Kozume.9035

It’s like nobody here played Guild Wars 1.. They did holiday events every year and still managed to release expansions on a regular basis, though that takes time to do (more than a few months by the way). Not only that but they’re still releasing more than they did for GW1.. So much whining for no reason, you guys have unrealistic expectations.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Wintersday. – gone

I don’t think content being temporary means it isn’t content. The F&F instance was awesome, everyone thought so, clearly they did work with it. So what it was temporary, I actually like it like that. Makes for good memories, “hey remember when the dredge and flame legion attacked…”. Clearly that’s the goal. I think what they are doing is different in a good/interesting way. Whether that pays off for them financially will be proven later, but no one else is approaching new content like this. If anything it has kept me logging in because I don’t want to miss the next event that they have!

I mean think about it. If every month there will be temporary content that can yield some kind of unique item(s) only obtainable during that event, years from now there will be a HUGE selection of customization that can make your character relatively unique because those that weren’t playing during that event wouldn’t be able to get that item (hint hint the end-game of GW2 is skin collection everyone knows that, that’s why we need exclusive skins—keeps people from seeing your character and copying your look when its literally impossible to get that skin now).

You guys need to think long term rather than, OMG it’s 10mos into the game and most of the stuff they’ve released has been temporary OMG this game sucks OMG Anet isn’t doing anything OMG OMG they suck OMG RNG OMG.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Wow, the negativity around here….. and we wonder why the world is spiraling the drain. Yeesh

On topic:
Anet does have a substantial size team, broken into several smaller teams to work on the various apsects of the game. Its why we get some living story, some bug fixes, some polish, some balancing, etc in each update.

It also sounds like the living story content is shared among the groups. One arc will be done by one team, the next arc is done by another. At least, from some of the discussions and live streams make it seem this way. I think it is sort of nice, this way you get a little different flavor from each team, since each one does things a little differently. A lot of people loved the Molten Facility dungeon, that wasn’t done by the normal dungeon development group… as an example.

I rather liked this ‘small, copy paste, boring, lame’ festival and I know many others have as well. I was a little let down with dragon ball, but I have to admit that it IS an improvement over its original counterpart, and it is enjoyable if you can get into a game with actual [fun] people, and not just people kittening about ‘having to do it’ (which they don’t). With the right people, even losing is fun.

Is the game perfect? No. But in my opinion, the team is actually trying to give us some of the things we want (loot overhaul coming, balance patch set for release) and some things that might be fun (living story, festivals). Too many people discount what has been done and what is being done because it doesn’t line up with exactly what they want, or what they think it should be. If you’re not happy with it, maybe you should design your own game instead and play that. Maybe it will give you an idea and some appreciation for how much work goes into even the simplest game design.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

lordkrall.7241

Costume Brawl : cashshop minigame
New mini dungeons: out since day 1, just added an achievement for them
Hydra queen: out since day one, just added achievement
Moa Racing: exact same thing as the cow racing that has been disabled for months in diessa

Custom Brawl: There are non-cashshop tonics that allows you to custome brawl as well.
New mini dungeons: no, they were actually new.
Hydra Queen: I give you that.
Moa Racing: Don’t really see any similarities to the cow racing.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Aeonblade.8709

http://www.neo-philosophy.com/LogicWeek7.html

Please look up “Misplaced burden of proof.”

“Politically correct” isn’t the phrase you’re looking for. Any formal arguments done with logic dictates that the person who makes the claim, should provide proof of it.

Thanks for link, we appreciate the on topic response. Replace PC with whatever word makes you feel all warm and fuzzy for all I care.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

1. We’re getting events EVERY month. It’s not just dragon bakitten’s also the other 2 living story parts, sab and holiday events.
2. Full trait overhaul coming for every class on June 25th. I’m absolutely sure that that takes a lot of man power.
3. Someone is forgetting WvW/Spvp updates, guild missions, fractals, new jumping puzzles, new cinematics for the story and other things that we constantly get.

Quality > Quantity
These updates have been sub-par so far, with the exception of the Molten Alliance Phase 2 & 3 updates.

Yargesh.4965

Quality > Quantity
These updates have been sub-par so far, with the exception of the Molten Alliance Phase 2 & 3 updates.

I loved southsun phase 1, phase 2 was so so. I have enjoyed the story so far about the aerblade or whatever the spelling is. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds. The festival so far has been standard festival fare, some love it some hate it, I am in between.

Posted by: Saldonus Darkholme.5680

Saldonus Darkholme.5680

To answer the original post: To pump out new content that’s only purpose is to offer a new skin that will be readily available…for 300gems in the cash shop! I mean, C"MON! Who here doesn’t already KNOW that this “air-pirates” crap is just a way to introduce a bunch of skins to be purchased in the shop? Or “Pirate Booty” RNG chests, with a chance to get a ticket, with a chance to get a skin…..

…I was raised on a dairy, so I KNOW milking when I see it!

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

To answer the original post: To pump out new content that’s only purpose is to offer a new skin that will be readily available…for 300gems in the cash shop! I mean, C"MON! Who here doesn’t already KNOW that this “air-pirates” crap is just a way to introduce a bunch of skins to be purchased in the shop? Or “Pirate Booty” RNG chests, with a chance to get a ticket, with a chance to get a skin…..

Thank you, young hero. This is one of the most brutal and savage milkings in all of MMO history. Happening on a 2 week basis all under the guise of a reward.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I do agree that they push the gem shop far too much. The skins should be more readily available as drops within the game itself, as rewards for simply playing the content. The increased drop rate of the normal dragon coffers, I feel was a step in the right direction, but the issue still needs some attention. Upping the probability of receiving a weapons ticket from the coffer, and either making the tickets themselves or the weaponskins tradeable would help as well. I can only hope that they will continue progressing in this positive direction, but we will see.

Additionally, removing the RNG factor (from the purchase aspect) all together and just selling the skins would be a viable alternative as well. At which point, for those that don’t want to spend money, let them try their luck with the rng ‘common’ boxes as they please.

Beyond that, I can enjoy the content without spending a dime if I so choose, and that’s the important part.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

normyp.8671

Weird, can’t see any of the posts…

normyp.8671

Halloween.
Wintersday.
Super Adventure Box.
Dragon Bash.
Southsun Cove.
Fractals of the Mists.
Living Story.
2 PvP maps.
New events.
New voice acting.
New soundtracks.
Updating reward systems.
Guild Missions.
Costume brawl.
Crab Toss.
Moa Racing.

Halloween.
Wintersday.
Super Adventure Box.
Dragon Bash.
Southsun Cove. Same stuff different skin.

Living Story. Garbage.

2 PvP maps. I don’t play guild wars for pvp.

New events. Good.

New voice acting. Who cares, GW1 had barely any voice acting in it and I still loved it.
New soundtrack. Ok but that doesn’t improve a game, it makes it easier to be immersed but it doesn’t improve upon a game.

Updating reward systems. Good, but I don’t play MMO’s for intense looting sessions. GW1 wasn’t like that and GW2 said they weren’t a MMO…

Costume brawl. Okay, sold, you got me Anet. I’ll stay because of costume brawl. (No what do you think?)

Crab Toss.
Moa Racing. Are you trolling?

Aeonblade.8709

Halloween.
Wintersday.
Super Adventure Box.
Dragon Bash.
Southsun Cove. Same stuff different skin.

Living Story. Garbage.

2 PvP maps. I don’t play guild wars for pvp.

New events. Good.

New voice acting. Who cares, GW1 had barely any voice acting in it and I still loved it.
New soundtrack. Ok but that doesn’t improve a game, it makes it easier to be immersed but it doesn’t improve upon a game.

Updating reward systems. Good, but I don’t play MMO’s for intense looting sessions. GW1 wasn’t like that and GW2 said they weren’t a MMO…

Costume brawl. Okay, sold, you got me Anet. I’ll stay because of costume brawl. (No what do you think?)

Crab Toss.
Moa Racing. Are you trolling?

Sadly some people think stuff like mini games, costume brawls, and pinata breaking is “content”. This is all fine and well for them. They should add permanent content as well, there is no reason to not have a real permanent update on top of the temporary ones.

normyp.8671

Technically, yes, it’s content. But it’s just surprising how they make a tonne of money from sales, they get loads of people buying gems. They’re always boasting that they sold millions of copies yet they can’t make any content equal to that of something from Skyrim? Okay, completely different games but how come these games get absolutely SICK addons, we get Wintersday.)))

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

I would imagine that most of their team is working on an expansion. If not, I’d be highly surprised, since GW1 released its first xpac within 12 months of prophecies releasing, if I remember correctly.

Actually, the Stone Summit update was the first content update they did and that was a year after launch. A year after that they released Factions, the stand-alone/expansion to Prophecies(depending on if you linked them or not.)

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

It’s just a festival, it’s not bad at all for a festival, compared to such events in other MMO’s, although, ofc it’s nothing to write letters home about. Living Story bit seems to be really nice though, at least so far. 25th June update seems to be interesting and quiet big. And well, yes, i do hope as well that they have enough resources to work on expansion and every month updates simultaneously, and that Living Story is not here to replace a full expansion.

Galphar.3901

The plan is to milk the players of this game as long as possible for NCsoft’s future investments. IE Wildstar, content for Aion/Lineage, and hopefully at some point this year or early next year at the latest a GW2 expansion

Oh look, the whole crowd of malcontents are repeating the same thing over and over again. How…original. Do you guys rehearse this stuff.

Proof? No? I didn’t think so.

Well, if you were looking to discuss, we could do without the mocking hyperbole.

It makes good business sense to take funds from something that is already succeeding (monetarily) and pump it into other potential ventures.

No one knows what’s succeeding and what’s not succeeding, except NCsoft. We do know that so far, Guild Wars 2 is their second highest money maker. We don’t know how much it’s made since the last quarterly report though and we don’t know how much the gem store makes, so it’s all speculation.

Now if Guild Wars 2 turns out to be the most profitable product, then what? Since Wildstar hasn’t launched, no one knows how well it will do.

I mean they thought Blade and Soul would do a lot better than it did, but it didn’t really go anywhere. No guarantees in this industry.

At this point in time GW2 is funding Wildstar and also the first expansion for GW2.

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

The plan is to milk the players of this game as long as possible for NCsoft’s future investments. IE Wildstar, content for Aion/Lineage, and hopefully at some point this year or early next year at the latest a GW2 expansion

Oh look, the whole crowd of malcontents are repeating the same thing over and over again. How…original. Do you guys rehearse this stuff.

Well, if you were looking to discuss, we could do without the mocking hyperbole.

It makes good business sense to take funds from something that is already succeeding (monetarily) and pump it into other potential ventures.

No one knows what’s succeeding and what’s not succeeding, except NCsoft. We do know that so far, Guild Wars 2 is their second highest money maker. We don’t know how much it’s made since the last quarterly report though and we don’t know how much the gem store makes, so it’s all speculation.

Now if Guild Wars 2 turns out to be the most profitable product, then what? Since Wildstar hasn’t launched, no one knows how well it will do.

I mean they thought Blade and Soul would do a lot better than it did, but it didn’t really go anywhere. No guarantees in this industry.

At this point in time GW2 is funding Wildstar and also the first expansion for GW2.

Wildstar started development before guild wars 2 was released. Secondly, it is exactly how business operates, they take the money some of it goes to profit and the reset is reinvested in another project or are people on game forums this ignorant of business operations?

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Mirta.5029

and their other games funded GW2 in the first place. Your point?

Aeonblade.8709

Wildstar started development before guild wars 2 was released. Secondly, it is exactly how business operates, they take the money some of it goes to profit and the reset is reinvested in another project or are people on game forums this ignorant of business operations?

Um. No. We get how business works. We just aren’t comfortable giving money to Anet to give to NCsoft when they are known to squander it on bad games and bad decisions.

If I knew my money was going strictly to funding a GW2 expansion, I would spend it. I have no interest in Wildstar, Aion, or anything else they want to do other than GW2 through Anet. So I have no desire to fund it.

Mirta.5029

Um. No. We get how business works. We just aren’t comfortable giving money to Anet to give to NCsoft when they are known to squander it on bad games and bad decisions.

Then you might as well stop buying games all together. ALL companies work this way.

Galphar.3901

and their other games funded GW2 in the first place. Your point?

My point was that NCSoft and ANet announced back in May they’re working on the expansion. So the people who are spending money for gems are in actuality funding the expansion along with other NCSoft ventures.

Aeonblade.8709

Then you might as well stop buying games all together. ALL companies work this way.

Or I could do research and spend my money wisely on what I want to spend it on. Not every MMO is run by an amalgamation of corporations by the way, I don’t why you would even say that.

I’m not sure you understand the topic we are discussing, if there is anything I can do to help you understand it’s my money and I decide where it goes, let me know

normyp.8671

Living Story bit seems to be really nice though, at least so far.

I tried to cheat myself by saying that too. It was definitely a better way of telling the story, especially wiht the cut scene at the dead end bar but it’s still just a cruddy story about something really insignificant. I want something which is putting Tyria in danger! Where all the races have to club together like in EoTN. Okay the personal story tried to do this but I don’t know, because it was horribly linear and stuck in instances it didn’t have the same effect it did in Gw1. I think what’s missing which we would all LOVE is mixing personal story/living story instances with the event system/have it with other players around/have it actually happen before everyone. THAT would make the game feel like a living world.

Mirta.5029

Or I could do research and spend my money wisely on what I want to spend it on. Not every MMO is run by an amalgamation of corporations by the way, I don’t why you would even say that.

Actually almost every single company that made an MMO has another game (not necessarily an MMO) that they fund. For example money from WoW goes to Starcraft and wise versa. Same is true for Guild Wars. For one thing Lineage is more profitable than Guild Wars so chances are Lineage is funding both us and Wildstar.