What are Anet's plans for this game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: normyp.8671

normyp.8671

I’m not in anyway trying to be negative, to hate on GW just for the sake of it. I just want a better game. I want it to be what it said it would be in the trailers, a living, breathing world. Right now it feels like the living story is seperate to the game world, there are the NPCs and the Players. Apart from the events we aren’t ever put in the same boat. We are seperated by private instances.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Or I could do research and spend my money wisely on what I want to spend it on. Not every MMO is run by an amalgamation of corporations by the way, I don’t why you would even say that.

Actually almost every single company that made an MMO has another game (not necessarily an MMO) that they fund. For example money from WoW goes to Starcraft and wise versa. Same is true for Guild Wars. For one thing Lineage is more profitable than Guild Wars so chances are Lineage is funding both us and Wildstar.

So it’s wrong to find a company where you enjoy all or most of the games they have to offer. The difference is with WoW, I play SC and Diablo as well. So that works for me. I don’t play Aion or Lineage, therefore it does not work for me.

See how I decide where my dollars go?

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m not in anyway trying to be negative, to hate on GW just for the sake of it. I just want a better game. I want it to be what it said it would be in the trailers, a living, breathing world. Right now it feels like the living story is seperate to the game world, there are the NPCs and the Players. Apart from the events we aren’t ever put in the same boat. We are seperated by private instances.

Give it time, it will get there. There is already a big difference between what we got in the first arc and what we’re getting now. It is starting to get a bit of the living world feel, like things are changing, progressing, flowing. This is something new for anet (and lets face it, their story work has never been awesomesauce), we need to give them time to grow into it. We’re only a few arcs in, the effects and story pieces may yet come together and give us a grander perspective. Patience……is a virtue.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

So it’s wrong to find a company where you enjoy all or most of the games they have to offer. The difference is with WoW, I play SC and Diablo as well. So that works for me. I don’t play Aion or Lineage, therefore it does not work for me.

It’s not wrong, but it feels very arbitrary to not support a game because you don’t like other games that the publisher supports.

Activision Blizzard owns the following game franchises:

Crash Bandicoot
Guitar Hero
Call of Duty
Tony Hawk
Spyro the Dragon
Warcraft
Starcraft
Diablo

Do you play most/all these games? Even if you narrow it to Blizzard, do you play Warcraft 3? Or just WoW? (Two completely different games). Do you like/play the Lost Vikings? Money spent on D3/WoW may very well be funding development of WC4 or a new Lost Vikings game, in addition to Project Titan/Hearthstone. The exact money trail, you have no idea, just as you have no idea how NCsoft is distributing funds.

EDIT: This same logic can be applied to non-gaming products as well. Do you like Crest toothpaste? Duracell batteries? Febreze maybe? They are all owned by Proctor & Gamble, which also own a huge portfolio of brands (Head & Shoulders, Olay, Oral-B, Tide, Charmin, etc…)

EDIT2: By the way, don’t get me wrong. If you don’t support GW2 because you don’t like GW2, that’s perfectly fine. If you don’t support GW2 because you don’t like NCsoft/Lineage/Wild Star but love GW2 is….again, a bit extreme.

(edited by Ursan.7846)

Aeonblade.8709

It’s not wrong, but it feels very arbitrary to not support a game because you don’t like other games that the publisher supports.

Activision Blizzard owns the following game franchises:

Crash Bandicoot
Guitar Hero
Call of Duty
Tony Hawk
Spyro the Dragon
Warcraft
Starcraft
Diablo

Do you play most/all these games? Even if you narrow it to Blizzard, do you play Warcraft 3? Or just WoW? (Two completely different games). Do you like/play the Lost Vikings? Money spent on D3/WoW may very well be funding development of WC4 or a new Lost Vikings game, in addition to Project Titan/Hearthstone. The exact money trail, you have no idea, just as you have no idea how NCsoft is distributing funds.

EDIT: This same logic can be applied to non-gaming products as well. Do you like Crest toothpaste? Duracell batteries? Febreze maybe? They are all owned by Proctor & Gamble, which also own a huge portfolio of brands (Head & Shoulders, Olay, Oral-B, Tide, Charmin, etc…)

EDIT2: By the way, don’t get me wrong. If you don’t support GW2 because you don’t like GW2, that’s perfectly fine. If you don’t support GW2 because you don’t like NCsoft/Lineage/Wild Star but love GW2 is….again, a bit extreme.

I don’t support GW2 right now for many reasons, the one in this topic we were discussing just happened to be not knowing where our gem store purchases were going. Once again the difference being I use most or all of those products. Actually in the Procter and Gamble bit, I use every single one of those in my household.

As for Activision/Blizzard, surprisingly YES I do play all of those games or have played them at some point In fact I still own most of them. The only game on that list I do not own right now is a Crash Bandicoot game.

Some people may find it silly, but I like to make every dollar I earn benefit myself and my interests, considering I earned the money. If a company has a broad base of services they offer, and I use most of them, great!

With Anet, I use GW2. I use no other product that the money is being funneled to, nor do I have an interest in those products.

Ursan.7846

Actually in the Procter and Gamble bit, I use every single one of those in my household.

Do you seriously use every single P&G product in your household? I find that incredibly hard to believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Procter_%26_Gamble_brands

Thankfully though, a majority of consumers don’t partake in your extreme practices, or we’d be seeing a lot less of these huge conglomerate companies (which exists in every industry.)

What you are saying isn’t wrong. It’s how you choose to support companies. However, you’re trying to paint a commonplace company practice (of sharing revenue from different product lines) as somehow “bad” because you personally don’t agree with it. Not many people are going to agree with you on that and even less people care about it.

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

Regardless, he will spend his money how he wants is his point.

I’m sure there are very few posters that are actually happy with Anet being under NCsoft.
This game has taken a turn for the worst and looks more like a Korean grinder with increasingly corny stuff added to the store all the time. It’s about to the point that if they actually did add mounts it would be a blow up pink Moa that left a sparkly trail behind.

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

Actually in the Procter and Gamble bit, I use every single one of those in my household.

Do you seriously use every single P&G product in your household? I find that incredibly hard to believe.

He said everyone of “those.” He was referring to the products you listed from P&G.

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

Ursan.7846

It’s perfectly fine to not like GW2 without resorting to hyperbole, you know. You should try playing some of these Korean grinders, where you’d grind (And I mean grind. Killing the same mobs over and over again, none of this weak stuff GW2 has) hundreds of hours for just one level.

Ursan.7846

He said everyone of “those.” He was referring to the products you listed from P&G.

Yes, I realize. However, by using his own logic, he’ll only support a company if he likes/uses “most or all” of its products. Which P&G has many. This is not including the many products P&G creates that are not for use by consumers.

His reasoning is so completely arbitrary. You can not support GW2 if you don’t like it. That’s a perfectly legitimate reason by itself. But not supporting it because you like it, but you don’t like the company’s other products? A completely arbitrary standard which I highly doubt can be strictly adhered to.

(edited by Ursan.7846)

Ursan.7846

I guess you don’t know what it means. Looks like one. You know as in looks? Didn’t say it played like one.

1. You don’t like Korean grinders
2. You pointed out you didn’t say GW2 "plays like “Korean Grinders.”
3. So GW2 doesn’t PLAY like a Korean Grinder, according to you

This is good, no?

What was your original intention then, choosing the words “looks like” as opposed to “play like?”

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

I guess you don’t know what it means. Looks like one. You know as in looks? Didn’t say it played like one.

1. You don’t like Korean grinders
2. You pointed out you didn’t say GW2 "plays like “Korean Grinders.”
3. So GW2 doesn’t PLAY like a Korean Grinder, according to you

This is good, no?

What was your original intention then, choosing the word “looks like” as opposed to “play like?”

The overall aesthetic the game is starting to take on with a lot the store items and other things being added.. They are very corny and more like the things you find in Korean grinders.

Like Lineage 2
http://i.imgur.com/ETlWKs7.jpg

And Aion.
https://a248.e.akamai.net/static.ncwest.origin.ncsoft.com/billing/images/store/box/aion_beatific_halo_3d5723701fc4f6d4db94b2130e77bdb1.jpg

They are getting that NCsoft Korean grinder look.

Ursan.7846

The overall aesthetic the game is starting to take on with a lot the store items and other things being added.. They are very corny and more like the things you find in Korean grinders.

Like Lineage 2
http://i.imgur.com/ETlWKs7.jpg

And Aion.
https://a248.e.akamai.net/static.ncwest.origin.ncsoft.com/billing/images/store/box/aion_beatific_halo_3d5723701fc4f6d4db94b2130e77bdb1.jpg

They are getting that NCsoft Korean grinder look.

Oooh, gotcha. You literally do not like the aesthetics. My apologies for misunderstanding. Your mention of “Korean grinders” threw me off, since Korean games aren’t the only subset of games with silly/corny outfits.

Posted by: Ren.8754

Ren.8754

Halloween.
Wintersday.
Super Adventure Box.
Dragon Bash.
Southsun Cove.
Fractals of the Mists.
Living Story.
2 PvP maps.
New events.
New voice acting.
New soundtracks.
Updating reward systems.
Guild Missions.
Costume brawl.
Crab Toss.
Moa Racing.

Yep. Seems like they only have 5 people working on the game.

Edit: I’ll just add more stuff as people point out stuff I have forgotten.

And of all that stuff, there are only two things with persistent content that help to keep my attention: Fractals and Guild Missions. (Others who Arena might add the additional maps. ) That’s not a lot really. Sure the fluff holidays might be interesting the first month or two, but I’m long past enjoying them. What I’m looking for is challenging game content- stuff that takes some work to complete, not just clicking on piñatas.

CHALLENGING. GAME. CONTENT.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Kinsoku Jikou Desu

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Guns and Giblets.9308

Yes, I realize. However, by using his own logic, he’ll only support a company if he likes/uses “most or all” of its products. Which P&G has many. This is not including the many products P&G creates that are not for use by consumers.

His reasoning is so completely arbitrary. You can not support GW2 if you don’t like it. That’s a perfectly legitimate reason by itself. But not supporting it because you like it, but you don’t like the company’s other products? A completely arbitrary standard which I highly doubt can be strictly adhered to.

As a fellow student of philosophy, I’m puzzled by your response here.

It seems disanalogous to compare the consumption of video games (or, broadly, entertainment) to the consumption of, say, hygiene products. The former give more selectivity. The latter are a bit more restrictive inasmuch as I pay a heavy social penalty for failing to use them and their distribution as non-digital products restricts availability in ways not necessarily true of today’s computer games.

Also, I’m not sure it is justified to claim “completely arbitrary” (which is the kind of hyperbole you have asked not to be used) without further identifying or analyzing the standard in question. The most rigorous philosophical discourse tries to make the best possible case for an opposing position—even making arguments the opposition hasn’t considered—before rejecting it. I can think a few components for a standard here that prima facie could provide the consistency you seem to want (although whether they bear out under intense scrutiny is another story).

There’s complexity here as well, as the larger the company, and the more areas in which it is involved, the greater the difficulty in sorting out the myriad motives, products, direction, etc.

Finally, people in our time and age are wildly inconsistent. (This isn’t directed at Aeonblade, by the way.) Often this is because they haven’t thought through their positions. But sometimes it’s because consistency isn’t seen as an important or necessary value. Your response here is predicated on certain commitments that not everyone in the Western world shares.

Ursan.7846

It seems disanalogous to compare the consumption of video games (or, broadly, entertainment) to the consumption of, say, hygiene products. The former give more selectivity. The latter are a bit more restrictive inasmuch as I pay a heavy social penalty for failing to use them and their distribution as non-digital products restricts availability in ways not necessarily true of today’s computer games.

This statement would be true if P&G was the only company which provides hygiene products. Which it isn’t. You’re providing a false dilemma here. You’re trying to frame the P&G example as a “Use hygiene product or not use it.” That’s not true and you’re contriving the example to create your false dilemma.

There are plenty of example of companies who own many brands of luxury goods, such as soda, physical toys, television shows, etc exist. (I watch HBO solely to watch Game of Thrones, but they do finance many other projects). The product being provided isn’t what’s important, however. The point is the concept of liking a company’s product, and yet not supporting said company because of dislike of other product lines.

Also, I’m not sure it is justified to claim “completely arbitrary” (which is the kind of hyperbole you have asked not to be used) without further identifying or analyzing the standard in question. The most rigorous philosophical discourse tries to make the best possible case for an opposing position—even making arguments the opposition hasn’t considered—before rejecting it. I can think a few components for a standard here that prima facie could provide the consistency you seem to want (although whether they bear out under intense scrutiny is another story).
There’s complexity here as well, as the larger the company, and the more areas in which it is involved, the greater the difficulty in sorting out the myriad motives, products, direction, etc.

It is arbitrary in the sense that the application of this standard is just that: arbitrary. It is applied in some cases, but not in others. But my point isn’t to reject the original subject’s viewpoints because it’s arbitrary (I cannot. It is his opinion), but to simply point out that

1. He has no evidence on his assumptions, and will need to provide proof of his claims if he is to be persuasive in a logical manner.
2. That what he is calling out is a standard practice in today’s industry, and that his opinions are not in the majority, as proven by the sheer proliferation of industry conglomerates.

Finally, people in our time and age are wildly inconsistent. (This isn’t directed at Aeonblade, by the way.) Often this is because they haven’t thought through their positions. But sometimes it’s because consistency isn’t seen as an important or necessary value. Your response here is predicated on certain commitments that not everyone in the Western world shares.

You’re completely correct on this.

Guns and Giblets.9308

This statement would be true if P&G was the only company which provides hygiene products. Which it isn’t. You’re providing a false dilemma here. You’re trying to frame the P&G example as a “Use hygiene product or not use it.” That’s not true and you’re contriving the example to create your false dilemma.

I have failed to make my point clear, which I will assume is my fault.

My response should be taken in conjunction with my statements about discovering more information before rendering someone’s actions as “completely arbitrary.”

Let’s return to my suggestion regarding the analogy not being entirely sufficient given the distinction between physical and non-physical products. Some people live in parts of the country (or world—but I know Aeonblade is from Texas from another post he made) that have only a few options with respect to hygienic products. Because of this distiction, what’s relevant isn’t whether a company is the only one providing products, but whether one is one of the few or only providing that set products in a local sphere.

The Internet seems to be a different matter altogether, given how entertainment games are produced and used, and the relative ease of accessibility of data.

It is arbitrary in the sense that the application of this standard is just that: arbitrary. It is applied in some cases, but not in others. But my point isn’t to reject the original subject’s viewpoints because it’s arbitrary (I cannot. It is his opinion), but to simply point out that

1. He has no evidence on his assumptions, and will need to provide proof of his claims if he is to be persuasive in a logical manner.
2. That what he is calling out is a standard practice in today’s industry, and that his opinions are not in the majority, as proven by the sheer proliferation of industry conglomerates.

Well, I still see a difference between industries and companies WRT the kinds of products being used and their purpose. I also think it gets significantly more complicated the larger the corporation and the distance from its top leadership to those “lesser” entities which manage production and products under its umbrella. This gets a bit metaphysical, but at some point (where is liable to get me in trouble with a beard fallacy) you can evaluate and relate to a portion of a company and its products rather than the whole entity and every product it makes.

Either way, I doubt anyone is reading this anymore. Thanks for the conversation!

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Very high level, you can find our over-all plans for 2013 here:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

We’ll put out an updated Gw2 in 2013 blog post in mid/late July that summarizes where we’re going in the second half of the year, and goes into greater details and specifics on systems we’ve talked high level about so far.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Hey Colin, if you dont mind, can we have another video? That one is kinda getting old and you have been pasting it in all the comments, so far I havent seen much about it being completely realized. I think i speak for most of the community when I say; less monthly stuff, more staying stuff. Hint hint; minigames, also scanvenger hunt.

I mean your minigames are kittening awesome! The hunger game and all that from Beta, can we please make that a thing that stays around instead of this stuff that it’s more like; “couldnt do it in time? too bad”

Also, open world is empty, not because people dont wanna go there, but because it is SOOOO unrewarding and boring, the open world is SO kitten BEAUTIFUL! make it so that you can get the stuff you need there, not go farm CoF over and over and over and over again, and HEY, I swang my sword ag…errgh I mean I did CoF again.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

wakka wakka wakka (thats depth, idiots)!

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Hey colin, if you dont mind, can we have another video? That one is kinda getting old and you have been pasting int in all the comments, so far I havent seen much about it being completely realized. I think i speak for most of the community when I say; less monthly stuff, more staying stuff. Hin hint; minigames, also scanvenger hunt.

I mean your minigames are kittening awesome! The hunger game and all that from Beta, can we please make that a thing that stays around instead of this stuff that it’s more like; “couldnt do it in time? too bad”

Also, open world is empty, not because people dont wanna go there, but because it is SOOOO unrewarding and boring, the open world is SO kitten BEAUTIFUL! make it so that you can get the stuff you need there, not go farm CoF over and over and over and over again, and HEY, I swang my sword ag…errgh I mean I did CoF again.

a new one would be nice. July is six months, and you say “six months” in the vedio

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: endless.1376

endless.1376

Thanks for clearing that up as to what to expect up ahead. I really think that the team can really improve on the density of events in low level zones making it easier to find events in teh game without some website. Maybe even adding more Karma quests in zones that seem to have too few? Or perhaps they just seem to award too little xp as I move through the game world and try to clear a path to the next area.

I think the flow in each zone could be looked at is all I am saying. Maybe is is just me, but frankly it seems like it takes forever to find things to do and then level out of a zone. I even try gathering things to add to the xp and exploring areas as well.

Paul.4081

Thanks for clearing that up as to what to expect up ahead. I really think that the team can really improve on the density of events in low level zones making it easier to find events in teh game without some website. Maybe even adding more Karma quests in zones that seem to have too few? Or perhaps they just seem to award too little xp as I move through the game world and try to clear a path to the next area.

I think the flow in each zone could be looked at is all I am saying. Maybe is is just me, but frankly it seems like it takes forever to find things to do and then level out of a zone. I even try gathering things to add to the xp and exploring areas as well.

When we have boring monsters then we have…kitten. Wargs = nuff. Maybe one day Anet will feel inspired?

(edited by Paul.4081)

Paul.4081

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

They plan on milking the name of Guild Wars for all its worth until the playerbase shrinks beyond profitability. Waiting for ANet to die hard so they can learn from their mistakes the hard way.

Hate to tell you but the old player base of Guild wars is probably not a majority of players of this game. I could be wrong. Even so I still would not expect this team to only look back, never try to create.

You’re right it isn’t. As a game developer I would consider that a major flaw in a product I create. Your statement only supports mine.

The thing is you are not the game developer.

That is where you are wrong, evil ally of Vayne. On the internet, everybody is a game designer. I know more about the intricacies of the game and I possess more information about the demographic and the playing habits of Guild wars 2 players than any of those dumb Anet designers. I understand that, increasing a skill effectiveness simply means bumping up numbers here and there. Fixing animation only involves changing the numbers a little. Testing is easy and extremely fast and I know all of thise because I am a game designer, which is why I spend more of my time on the forum critiquing someone’s work instead of making me own.

Yep I am that good.

I don’t know that personal attacks on the Anet designers by calling them dumb strengthens your argument. It certainly would certainly make me question anything else you had to say. Maybe you should try to make some points without insulting people.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Id like to point the OP to the Lincoln Cast. Its a fan made GW2 podcast (usually) from the Giantbomb community.

Josh Foreman has been a guest on the show a few times and given some insights as to how GW2 teams work.

The gist of it is there is a live team that is made up of several mini teams. Each of them is working on living story content or content additions that are months out. On top of that is another team that is working on major content additions that are a year or more out (my guess would be expansion level stuff, like the next chapter in the elder dragon story).

Finally, and what I think is the neatest, is that a makeshift special purpose team gets thrown together and works in the lab on experimental, entirely new, outside of the box stuff and when it is finished, the team splits and members go back to their original teams.

Super Adventure box came from one of those special purpose teams and who knows what they have in the pipes now.

So Dragon Bash was the work of a micro team in the living story department. It was most likely in production during the Flame and Frost chapter and latest Lost Shores stuff. When Aetherblades starts and Dragon Bash is over, the DB team will start on something we will see in a few months.

Its worth listening to. Anet has some really neat development processes and the creative leeway teams get is refreshing. The experimental team is incredible. Its similar to the “eat your own dog food” concept. Take these tools and systems you made and create something nuts with them that people would enjoy that is a total departure from what is done currently. Im not sure how many people realize, but that sort of creative freedom and budget for experimentation is something much MUCH rarer in game development that you would think.

Podcast page: http://selfconfessedcynic.podbean.com/

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

We’ll put out an updated Gw2 in 2013 blog post in mid/late July that summarizes where we’re going in the second half of the year, and goes into greater details and specifics on systems we’ve talked high level about so far.

“To complement this concept of regular world events with strong stories and themes, we also need to build on and strengthen our existing open world and its persistent content. The more persistent events we can provide in a specific area, the less often each of the events in that area needs to occur, which in turn adds to the sense of an ever-evolving open world.

This means we need to give reasons for players at all levels to explore these areas, to reward them for their time, and to encourage them to play in locations where they will run into each other and experience the community-driven features that make Guild Wars 2 shine. Before we expand our world more, we need to make sure our existing world is as strong as possible, and that it gives reasons for people at all levels to go back and play and explore in the entire game."

So Colin, what the heck happened to this? We’ve had a lot of temp content of very mixed quality, but pretty much nothing mentioned in the quote above. What happened to doubling or tripling the number of DEs in the game world by the end of year one?

IMO, Living Story has been a dud concept. If you want a living world, you need to continually refresh Dynamic Events and that just hasn’t been happening.

The game has been out for 10 months. I’d be generous in saying that you guys have produces 1/16th of what you produced prior to launch in those 10 months. That’s only about a 33% rate of productivity post launch vs. pre-launch. Once again, I think that’s generous.

I won’t even get into all the ways you guys have compromised on the ideals and potential of this game.

Going from an A+ studio rating pre-launch to a D+ post-launch is of great concern for the fans of the game. I think, at this point, we not only need an update to development plans for the second half of the year, but some sort of mea culpa and plan of action addressing the drastic drop off in quality/quantity of work product. A re-commitment to realizing the ideals of the Manifesto would be great as well.

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

The game has been out for 10 months. I’d be generous in saying that you guys have produces 1/16th of what you produced prior to launch in those 10 months. That’s only about a 33% rate of productivity post launch vs. pre-launch. Once again, I think that’s generous.

One of the funniest post of all time. Did you think you needed numbers to get any kind of credibility ?

The “I think that’s generous” is just too good to be true, I laughed out loud

Posted by: normyp.8671

normyp.8671

Okay, I’m happy with that. A game director comes and talks directly with whining customers! Amazing, even though I’ve seen that post fifteen million times already it’s clear they don’t want to ruin anything. Or tell us about anymore rubbish plans xD

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Question to you normyp.. what possible answer can satisfy you exactly?

Aeonblade.8709

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Procter_%26_Gamble_brands

Thankfully though, a majority of consumers don’t partake in your extreme practices, or we’d be seeing a lot less of these huge conglomerate companies (which exists in every industry.)

What you are saying isn’t wrong. It’s how you choose to support companies. However, you’re trying to paint a commonplace company practice (of sharing revenue from different product lines) as somehow “bad” because you personally don’t agree with it. Not many people are going to agree with you on that and even less people care about it.

I was saying the ones he listed. Obviously I don’t use every single P&G product. Just most of them. I do find it amusing that you get so upset because I have different consumer habits than you. If you think I’m worried about having everyone agree with my opinion, you should take the time to get to know me better. That’s not the only opinion I have that would not be in the majority.

(edited by Aeonblade.8709)

Posted by: Doug.9628

Doug.9628

Question to you normyp.. what possible answer can satisfy you exactly?

my guess would be nothing. There are a lot of toxic posts on this forum. People need to realize that it’s up to themselves to find enjoyment.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

How big is the Arena net team? Because if these small festival events are all they can produce with about 6-7 months I’m worried for the future of the game. Seriously, is Dragon Bash the combined effort of the entire team? Or 4-5 members? I’d hope it was the latter, I can’t imagine it was that hard to create the event. Seeing as a lot is copy and paste, even the flying dragon is a copy of the shatterer flying through the skies in the charr areas… I’d like a statement from arena net promising that we will get better content than this boring, lame stuff. Sorry to sound like an kitten but it’s not great.

Someone seems to have missed the fact that we have gotten new content every single month since release, not just this festival.

And no, they won’t promise anything since people will shout about them lying if it doesn’t happen exactly the way they want it to happen.

you mean besides the 7 years of promises that we’re still waiting on? Someone seems to have missed the prelaunch interviews entirely.

Oh and temporary content wasn’t part of what they said and it’s been a problem since the game launched. How many times in a row should we kill the troll in Queens?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Saldonus Darkholme.5680

Saldonus Darkholme.5680

How many times in a row should we kill the troll in Queens?

Until he stays dead, thereby PROVING the original statement…that what you do matters.

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

Ok, why are people so upset about a great game, I love the fact that they add new content at all. Free of charge. I do long for more things that I like specifically, but i am not the only person playing. These forums are inundated with trolls, and its upsetting. The amount of negative commentary forces the moderators to sift through so much to find a post that is on topic, and contributes to the growth of the game and community. This is the first mmo I have purchased, and I believe it was money well spent. I had no idea that the mmo community has a small yet very active portion that behaves with such disdain for an awesome game.

Posted by: Saldonus Darkholme.5680

Saldonus Darkholme.5680

Ok, why are people so upset about a great game, I love the fact that they add new content at all. Free of charge. I do long for more things that I like specifically, but i am not the only person playing. These forums are inundated with trolls, and its upsetting. The amount of negative commentary forces the moderators to sift through so much to find a post that is on topic, and contributes to the growth of the game and community. This is the first mmo I have purchased, and I believe it was money well spent. I had no idea that the mmo community has a small yet very active portion that behaves with such disdain for an awesome game.

You know, just because there are people here that disagree with you, it does NOT make them trolls. NOR does it make their opinions less important or valuable. Frankly, it is my opinion that the negative posts have MORE value, because corporate mindset is “out of sight, out of mind: if we don’t hear anything, everything must be great!”

I’m glad you enjoy the game. However, there are many people out there that just don’t enjoy being herded like sheeple to specific locales for the express purpose of “kill 10 rats”.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

2nd half of the year? we haven’t even finished with the stuff that was supposed to be in the first half. The Ranger Revamp, reasons to go back to the old content, making dungeons fun… I dunno.. the living story is a nice distraction, but the main things people are kinda chompin at the bit for are giving way to meh temporary content & rng lockboxes. most of the “upcoming changes” on the wiki haven’t been touched.

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

6 Month video on January, and it’s closing that 6 month gap real soon.

Need new video

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

Make no mistake people enjoy the game, and wish it to be better.

But the mission stated isn’t what we got. We got RNG boxes, and are lucky to get a new temp dungeon during events.

We don’t hate the game, but you can’t make statements promising to revamp everything from dungeons to LFG tools and not deliver.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

How many times in a row should we kill the troll in Queens?

Why, it’s a different troll every time!

Every time!

Part of a family of trolls. All identical. Clones. Yeah, that’s the ticket! They’re all clones. We’re working diligently to rid Queensdale of mass quantities of troll clones. It’s a dirty, disgusting, thankless, never-ending job, but somebody’s gotta do it!

The table is a fable.

Vayne.8563

You know, just because there are people here that disagree with you, it does NOT make them trolls. NOR does it make their opinions less important or valuable. Frankly, it is my opinion that the negative posts have MORE value, because corporate mindset is “out of sight, out of mind: if we don’t hear anything, everything must be great!”

I’m glad you enjoy the game. However, there are many people out there that just don’t enjoy being herded like sheeple to specific locales for the express purpose of “kill 10 rats”.

I wouldn’t say that people with negative opinions are more valuable. An example is everyone who comes on with a negative opinion about a very obvious OP nerf, or someone coming on to tell you to nerf other professions because they’re OP. These are negative opinions too, some of which aren’t worth the electrons used to display them.

I can’t tell you how many times negative opinions have swayed a development team to the great detriment of a game.

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Thanks for that comment. It’s spot on.

I personally still love the game. I personally think ANet still has it in them to get their collective act together and plot a successful and lucrative course for this game moving forward. I’ve been playing MMOs for over 14 years and GW2 is, in many ways, the game I have been hoping and waiting for since I first realized all the untapped potential for the genre.

A lot of my posts in recent months have been very critical. I say what I say because I love the game, feel the studio has fallen way off track and hope that the critical feedback from myself and others will get someone to wake up and get things moving in the right direction again.

If people sense building frustration in critical posts, it’s because many of us are getting more and more frustrated with where things are going.

People who call out issues with the game and the ongoing development are bigger friends of the game than those who gush on about how good a job they are all doing as the wheels start to fall off the ANet bus.

When the game launched, I proposed that the game, at launch, would provide at least 1,000 hours of game play, which was extremely impressive compared to the vapid junk passing as MMOs we’ve seen in recent years. I also posited that the game would need to successfully expand over the next year if it was to have a chance to snowball into a massive success.

Well, over 1,600 hours, between two active accounts and I’m still enjoying the game. However, it’s not because of the successful addition of content to the game. It’s because I underestimated exactly how much playability the original content that shipped with the game would provide. I now find myself “running on fumes” because ANet as completely failed at “filling the tank” since launch.

I’m hoping it was a lie when we were told ANet wasn’t working on an expansion yet. I’m hoping that 2/3 of the company has secretly been hard at work on a ton of new content. However, I have to assume we were told the truth. In return, I need to tell the truth as well. That truth is that ANet has thus far completely failed on the delivery of meaningful new content to the game world. The development time over the last 10 months re: the PVE world, has seemed an utter waste.

I could just play until I find nothing else here worth playing and just walk away, but I still have high hopes that ANet can turn themselves around and get the game back on track with productive ongoing development.

Some of us are attempting to bring attention to the myriad issues in an effort some what akin to an intervention, while others just continue to enable the studio’s “self destructive habits” through unconditional praise and knee-jerk defense against any negative criticism. Which do you think is better for the game and the studio?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

you mean besides the 7 years of promises that we’re still waiting on? Someone seems to have missed the prelaunch interviews entirely.

Oh and temporary content wasn’t part of what they said and it’s been a problem since the game launched. How many times in a row should we kill the troll in Queens?

I listen to every single interview before and after release. And they did indeed say some stuff back then that is currently not in the game.
And since people are like you and shout and complain about stuff not being exactly like you wanted it to be they have simply stopped telling us stuff like that at all.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: zuraith.6104

zuraith.6104

I swear that link is always on your clipboard.

Posted by: Pavees.7281

Pavees.7281

I listen to every single interview before and after release. And they did indeed say some stuff back then that is currently not in the game.
And since people are like you and shout and complain about stuff not being exactly like you wanted it to be they have simply stopped telling us stuff like that at all.

You can’t really blame him for calling bs on developers tooting their horns and then pulling the veil over our eyes like they never said it originally. Truth be told it’s really bad PR to do this because it show they have lied before and will lie again because everyone just shrugs their shoulders and go “well maybe they haven’t gotten round to it”. Common sense says you shouldn’t make promises you had no intention on keeping.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You can’t really blame him for calling bs on developers tooting their horns and then pulling the veil over our eyes like they never said it originally. Truth be told it’s really bad PR to do this because it show they have lied before and will lie again because everyone just shrugs their shoulders and go “well maybe they haven’t gotten round to it”. Common sense says you shouldn’t make promises you had no intention on keeping.

And of course we know that they knowingly said stuff they had “no intention on keeping”.

It is highly unlikely that they would do that.
They most likely was going to do that but things changed.
Therefore they have now decided to not tell us stuff until it is completely set in stone, since otherwise people will shout and call them liars.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Kinsoku Jikou Desu

Awesome

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Vayne.8563

What stuff specifically are you talking about? From my point of view, there’s been very little that was said that isn’t true.

Posted by: Dangerkips.6035

Dangerkips.6035

I’m hoping it was a lie when we were told ANet wasn’t working on an expansion yet. I’m hoping that 2/3 of the company has secretly been hard at work on a ton of new content. However, I have to assume we were told the truth. In return, I need to tell the truth as well. That truth is that ANet has thus far completely failed on the delivery of meaningful new content to the game world. The development time over the last 10 months re: the PVE world, has seemed an utter waste.

With the game’s classes being this horribly, horribly unbalanced since release and the fact they’ve done little about it nearly a year later, I wouldn’t buy an expansion if it came out tomorrow.

OT: Lol @ people that consider completely meaningless ‘festivity’ events anything more than a distraction from the game’s real problems. Is it fun for a while? Sure. Does it improve the game at it’s core? Is it relevant content? Nope.