What are some must have apps for new player?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zohan.1238

Zohan.1238

hello all, im new to the game and still learning and was wondering what are some must have apps to help aid someone in the game? i have tried gw2hud but it doesn’t seem to load for me on my android phone, i followed the instructions but just goes in a infinite load loop, so what are some other apps or websites that will help? like to follow events, not just boss events but map events

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

The only really tip I can give you is that /wiki is a command in the game.

So if you are wondering what something is, you can type /wiki Guardian or something.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here is a link to the App thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/api/List-of-apps-websites-using-the-API/first

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

None are needed, the game works fine without them.

Posted by: Drant.5902

Drant.5902

http://gw2timer.com
Some world bosses and Dry Top events are on a fixed timer so they can be tracked. Other map events (like dailies and temples) vary depending on your map instance so you’re best off asking map chat for current events. If you want to see all possible events, then on that website hover over the eye icon on the top right corner and checkmark the orange sword icon.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

Overwolf overlay is great to have, especially if you use teamspeak, but it also works with Google, Skype, and steam(if you aren’t already running steam) for messaging.

Besides talking to friends without having to leave game, the browser will open up your /wiki commands without leaving game. There are also a number of boss timer, wvw, and and other helpful gw2 apps that you can download for free and have running on top of the game.

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N