I'm disappointed

I'm disappointed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Darkever.9732

Darkever.9732

The last seven days of GW2 have been a COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT for me and some thousands other players. ANet, please look at the forums raging, once in a while.

A small list of things that FAILED miserably, in no particular order:
- Ascended gear, that basically betrays the most important promise in the manifesto
- Ridiculous ammounts of bugs everywhere, everytime
- Unplayable phase 1 karka event due to lag
- Bugged events in phase 2, suddenly removed after just one day
- Boring, unplayable, boring, bugged, boring phase 3 “epic” event with the ancient karka
- Terrible issues with players disconnecting and not being able to come back to their overflow server, and consequently missing rewards
- Total imbalance in reward chest, with some people receiving 100g+ precursors and the rest stuff worth 2g if they are lucky
- Fractals dungeon promoting elitism, due to ascended armor and levels
- Drops almost completely disappearing from normal PvE, including the promised champions that should have had “sure drops”

The good things:
- Increased rewards in dungeons to prevent boss skipping
- The basic concept of Fractals is nice

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ANET???
Are you willingly trying to throw this nice game down the hatch?!? Begin to listen to the player base, or in a very short time I expect there will be NO player base left! And, I am honest, that would be a shame.

Edit:
This thread came to my attention: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/I-m-Sorry-Anet. I’m not sure if it’s true, but if it is I feel sorry for ANet, too.

(edited by Darkever.9732)

I'm disappointed

Posted by: monepipi.5160

monepipi.5160

I'm disappointed

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

Anyone else read the subject title in Seth Meyer’s voice from the “What are you doing…” skit from SNL’s “Weekend Update”?
EDIT: Someone changed the thread name after I made this post. The original thread name was “What are you doing ANet?”, hence my post.

(edited by TimeBomb.3427)

I'm disappointed

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

eh network you are drunk. go home.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

I'm disappointed

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I’ll play, I’ll play.

Exciting new, and fun, jump puzzles.
Interesting, and fun, new dungeon with random paths upon enter.
World event and updated content.

However…

Ascended gear, ascended tokens based on RNG, “increased” stats (yeah, only 2 for now)
Dungeon difficulties. Newer or non-pve players will suffer for now groups doing lvl 1
Overflow today, next week probably not
@ lvl 80 still obtained lvl 76 to 80 loot
Buggs – fell under last boss, as well as 50 other poor souls, so couldn’t see its death
Double health bars on new mobs
Too many things to have to redo which sort of took away from it in the end

Personally it is a nice idea but I think the dungeon levels / difficulties will cause trouble for those who don’t run PvE content or it regular routine. What is already happening are more are doing higher levels and those trying for 1 struggle to find a group. Or, it takes a while. Also, people get one that takes a lot of coordination and fail (swamp) then leave…

Anyway – just my thought on the subject. Overall ok, but failed on new gear stats, future history of more gear, and how the ascended fragments drop.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

I'm disappointed

Posted by: lacrimstein.5603

lacrimstein.5603

It really feels like ArenaNet does not have a clear vision of what to do for expanding the game. All the changes made in patches after release (DR, nerfs, “Content Disabled” grubs, and now this new “Ascended” stuff) just seem like kneejerk-reaction quick, superficial fixes to problems with the game. It seems like ArenaNet doesn’t know how to address core issues with GW2 that surfaced in the past couple of months.

I'm disappointed

Posted by: Darkever.9732

Darkever.9732

Yes, I just saw this thread, too.
If it’s true, then I feel sorry too for ANet who are looking at their game being ruined like this. And I’m also sorry for us players, because it’s somewhat out game, too.