What are your 3 biggest problems with GW2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

1. Class Balance
2. Long-term PvE Content
3. People who can’t count

Posted by: Odinsfury.8360

Odinsfury.8360

1. GW2 is very alt unfriendly.
2. There’s a lack of meaningful or useful rewards for world events.
3. Magic find gear.

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

1. My Ranger with over 1800 hours on her
2. 90% of my guildies have left the game and my best friend in GW2
3. Nothing to do after my daily

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

1) pve balance
2) ascended/legendary tiers
3) lack of dungeons/dungeon design

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

1. Bugs. Take way too long to be fixed, if they ever are.

• I’m tired of the same events breaking, re-breaking, or staying broken. I’ve had to do Diessa Plateau after server resets on every alt I’ve made because the cattlepult has been dysfunctional since launch, as an example.
  • Some issues will be ignored seemingly forever if devs can’t replicate the problem, despite how much player evidence is submitted to the contrary. This is why you need a PTR.
  • More focus on fixing existing issues before creating new ones (temporary content) please.

2. Transmutation. For a game that’s supposed to be centered around cosmetics they have one of the most unforgiving systems I’ve seen.

• A ‘reverse’ transmutation would help a lot. A way to separate skins from gear so you can change your look more often. The fact that you flat out have to destroy one or the other to look different is ridiculous, especially with their penchant for “exclusive” skins means that they’re irreplaceable and it’s your gear, runes, sigils, etc. that will always take the hit.
  • A PvE skin locker like what exists in Heart of the Mists would be even better.

3. Diminishing Returns. Overkill. Too punishing, too quickly.

• No clear way on how to remove DR once you have it other than “do other stuff for some indeterminate amount of time”.
  • Too many areas have an abundance of the same enemy type to not get hit with DR even if you are playing “appropriately”. I know I personally get hit with DR before the end of the Ulgoth chain in Harathi Hinterlands after killing so many centaurs which is unavoidable.
  • DR being account wide rather than character specific would possibly help.

1. GW2 is very alt unfriendly.

Amen to that.

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

1. Bad gameplay balance (Killed my fav class: Rangers)
2. I thought this game is supposed to be fun (No grinding)
3. Temporary contents (why oh why the kitten do they spend so much resources on these. Id rather get a full expansion than these story telling that doesn’t even make sense.)

My guess for Guild Wars 2 is that they will do Living World events till end of this year to keep the game alive. LOOOLLL!!!

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Posted by: Antigono.1258

Antigono.1258

1. Balance between classes and / or classes useless or do not understand the reason for being in the game in the state where they are. (Ranger)

2. (I copy the same as said Lane)
Transmutation. For a game that’s supposed to be centered around cosmetics doing lot One of the most unforgiving systems I’ve seen.
A ‘reverse’ transmutation would help a lot. A way to separate skins from gear so you can change your look more often. The fact That You Have to flat out destroy one or the other to look different is ridiculous, Especially With Their penchant for “exclusive” skins That means they’re irreplaceable and it’s your gear, runes, sigils, etc.. That will always take the hit.
A skin PvE locker like what exists in Heart of the Mists would be even better.

3. The story, as is told, the dialogues, like a Disney movie for children.

And well, i have a lot more, grind grind grind , alt unfriendly, magic find, wvw zerg fest

Posted by: Shagaz.6209

Shagaz.6209

1. Boring, story and bad storytelling, too much pop-culture jokes and references.
2. The lack of weapon skill pools.
3. Melee > ranged in PvE.

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

I think for me, my top three peeves about the game all come from Arenanet themselves.

1. “When it’s ready.”

I don’t know how many times I read this response from Arenanet about when Guild Wars 2 was going to be released, but it was a LOT. Time and time again I read how the game was not going to be released early and was only going to be released when it was ready. So, this is “ready”? Bugs still pervade the game almost a year after release. Culling and clipping are rampant throughout. Many of the dynamic events break constantly. I don’t know about the MMORPG environment, but if I had released something this buggy and then called it, “ready”, I don’t think I would have my job much longer.

2. “short duration, hard to apply, situational, large impacting boons and conditions”

You mean like the Engineers and Elementalists who can generate and maintain 25 consistent stacks of might with ease? You mean like the current condition spam-fest that is going on now? The chain-crowd-control? I am just not seeing in this game what Arenanet said would be in it.

3. “damage, control, support”

The death of the “holy trinity”. Except that control and support are pretty much non-existent in the game. Damage is king, almost everyone uses berserker gear, and defense consists of dodging instant-death mechanics or dying. Several weapons have crowd control skills on them that make them useless on most Boss fights.

There are other things as well, like not being able to make any money with crafting and the whole RNG monetization of the game, but I think those are my top three. It just really seems like Arenanet had these really good ideas about their MMORPG and then someone else came along and just swept all of those really good ideas out the door.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

1. The people
2. The people
3. The people

Why you bein’ cute?

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

1. every the guy above said
2. the idiots and the the idiots and the idiots and dumb people
3. people that always cry and talk about the “broken gw2” but they don´t argue, they just kitten around, talking bullkitten, destroying the community

Posted by: chaosgrimm.5837

chaosgrimm.5837

Too many single player activities in dungeons e.g. running, jumping puzzles, etc

Gimmicky meta: stacking, some boss fights, etc

No dungeon finder

So much role diversity within classes, that it limits that pride in class.

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

3. people that always cry and talk about the “broken gw2” but they don´t argue, they just kitten around, talking bullkitten, destroying the community

What problem you have? Some kind of cancer?

Everyone want a game better, if we can’t say anything, why this forum exist?

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

1. Some or more parts of explorable PvE that is not solo friendly.
2. Living story content evry two weeks instead of fixing broken things that r still in this game since launch.
3. Everlasting grindfest for better equipment when u reach lvl80

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

1. No Cantha

2. No Cantha

3. No Cantha

Posted by: Mister Higgles.6095

Mister Higgles.6095

Mister Higgles.6095

I forgot to mention how slim-line s3xy i looked in my wyvern warrior armour in GW1

The distinguishability in equipment was a huge part now that i think about it.

I also found that a lot of the skill animations looked the same or similar.

Mister Higgles.6095

Oh, but honestly, if you arent short on a budget and willing to see some better aspects of Guildwars,

PURCHASE GUILDWARS 1

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

1. I hate PVP in GW2, regardless of PVE balancing issues.
2. I hate mini games and consumable gimmicks in instances/dungeons.
3. I hate JP but at least they are popular and doesnt impact on my game whatsover.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

1. alternative leveling…there is none… Once I leveled to 80, the rest have to go through the same exact hearts/ps progression. Even if I go to other starting zones, it’s basically the same. Do hearts, hang out for DE’s and maybe craft a bit. The problem isn’t in the idea of doing them, but the fact that they’re all the same. Anet was trying to do away with the KTR system (kill ten rats for those who are wondering) and in the end made exactly that kind of system. “Help so-and-so protect the fort…by killing the whatevers” gets old after awhile.
2. Rewards. It’s a basic ROI problem. The more time and energy you spend on something, the better the reward should be. There are champs out there that nobody kills because after fighting for 20 minutes, all you get, even at top level, is a subpar item or a few silver.
3. PvE culling…I hate coming into an area and thinking “Yay, there’s only a few of us” and then 400 names and people pop out of nowhere because of culling.

and I’ll add a 4th… Big Boss zergs…Thanks to things like Dragon Timer, and other similar sites, it takes all of 30 seconds to put down a big boss. I would rather see them be put on random time intervals and actually have to work to get there instead of hanging out waiting on the spawn window. They just don’t seem to be “World Bosses” any more. Here’s an idea…make one a true World Boss…Random spawn, random zone, random level. We have to find him before we can kill him

Cheers!

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Error attempting to sell
Skill lag in WvW
Paying lucky players for a precursor

Posted by: frostflare.6390

frostflare.6390

1. The lack of gw1. Anet made a new game and said “Were taking the best aspects of every game to make the best MMO”-And yet…They overlooked one of the best Games ever. They took game advice from TeamFortress 2, and never took half an attempt to look at gw1. There was so much great about gw1, that they never even bothered to bring back. Alliances, Skill Diversity, Great story(that Felt involved, It was your story, not trehearne’s). Lore was great, the environments were robust. The Community was kind and loving because the developers truly took their time to create a magnificent game.

2. Temp content-I like a little filler. Its great, but Give me substance. Baby Food is not eaten by adults for a reason! The amount of quality in these quick updates is terrible, with broken dungeons and the like.

3. Lack of Variety.-All medium armor is trenchcoat, All male light armor is “layers upon layers”. Men are STuck in plate mail, and woman get chainmail bikinies. The amount of unfair sexism in the veriety of this game is kitten nt. I hate how Men have to strive to look good, but woman can just be good cause they can not strive to cover up. There are too little skills and armor, and weapons. It’s getting boreing.

Posted by: Eremus.4506

Eremus.4506

1. condition caps. It feels to me that I need at least 50% power orientated gear for open world events and also dungeons with other condition specs. But I tend to like pure condition specs better than power so I often feel uncomfortable one way or the other. And by increasing the caps, making them character specific, or at least "giving a flat damage output for conditions applied (after the cap is reached) would be great IMO.

2. more events like flame&frost. I really liked it and I’m not into these holiday-type events. And if at least some of the four new content design teams would create something in that direction I would be more than happy.

3. Minor points in terms of balancing. I don’t like the berserker or go home attitude. Ranger pets could use some improvements. etc. Bugs that could be found before the patches go live. etc.

Thanks for the threat.

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

Too many single player activities in dungeons e.g. running, jumping puzzles, etc

lolwut? :-P Seriously there is plenty to do in groups, I don’t get this point at all.

1 – the community is far too gripey, but I guess that’s MMO’s for you.
2- need more stylish armor. The bulky, masculine, non-feminine stuff doesn’t appeal to me.
3- the personal instance wasn’t what I thought it would be, thus I am hoping for player housing at some point.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Posted by: Varmyr.4253

Varmyr.4253

1. Lack of lore
2. Lack of lore
3. Lack of lore

And please don’t give me that “go talk to every NPC” angle. Best you get that way is two lines of dialogue and off you go. I am talking about meaningful lore, the kind that builds a back-story and sets you on the move, hunting for pieces of story to put together and discover ancient mysteries or fragments of important history.

This is such a beautifully crafted world and it looks amazing but I often find myself wanting more substance to it. Place a description next to a point of interest, make a connection between POI, establish a network of information between all these great areas the game has. Tell me some great hero died tens of years ago on top of that mountain I go exploring, tell me this war between two great lords took place near the village I’m exploring, give me a bit of history about lords, factions, races, conflicts.

Gonna give an example here, Star Wars: The Old Republic. There, you have these codex entries where they do exactly that, build the lore for the universe. They tell you about the planets and the questing areas, about the beasts you encounter, about the balance of power and so on.

All these things would be optional, so people who don’t feel like reading won’t have to. But you could give the lore hounds something to do, you could also tie in new achievements, collectibles, activities etc.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

1. there’s no real reason to play pve after crafting a legendary weapon and having a full ascended set of trinkets. all skins are easy to achieve and not that rare.
2. i like wvw, but there’s no point to grind wvw. i mean we don’t get some shiny and showable ranks or some nice things to achieve to brag about… we just kill other players meaninglessly. no one knows that i’m an experienced wvw/pk player. friendly units can’t see our ranks, enemies can’t see our nicknames. ranks should be determined by wvw leaderboards, not some constant xp. having no point is the main reason that bores wvw players.
3. this is guild wars but there’s no guild wars(gvg championship). also we can’t grind at wvw with our guild to improve our guild to get better place/placement and features. influence system and merits are for pve oriented, newly started players. we need pvp/wvw/gvg faction points to grind specially for end game(non-pve) users.

(edited by Umut.5471)

Posted by: Torpian.9142

Torpian.9142

1. Too much grass in Kryta.
2. Too much snow in Shiverpeaks.
3. Too much sand in Ascalon.

Wardens of Myth, Tarnished Coast

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Balance.
Lack of Shiro Tagachi
Lack of Cantha

The great forum duppy.

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

1. PvE content outside of dungeons is unrewarding and often uninteresting. The game needs more fluff that you can mix in with your dungeon running (customizable housing would be an excellent start) and it needs to have an improved rewards system.
2. Group finder.
3. Temporary content. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want halloween content year around — I just look at it more like the icing and not the cake. My interest is renewed with more meatier and permanent content. I’m just not sure how much longer I’ll chase after these holographic wing carrots. Lot’s of food references for this one.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Posted by: Ishxan.7901

Ishxan.7901

Hmmm, and I was thinking of coming back and giving the game another go. I got a Mesmer to 80, did some stuff and stopped playing.

All this talk about nerfing PvE based on PvP, and dead world…. so discouraging :/

Edit: Well, that was a quick uninstall…

(edited by Ishxan.7901)

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I don’t have 3.

I gave up on having 3 b/c even addressing just 1 seems beyond their collective Will anymore

Posted by: DracosBlackwing.3174

DracosBlackwing.3174

1. Obsidian Sanctum, and jumping puzzles in general.

This is a recent one for me. Actually, it’s TODAY, that I’ve come up with it. This puzzle, and a lot of others, is insane. It’s uncalled for that it be this hard to navigate. And then they put you in the dark, with PvPers running around killing anyone they can find, as if it’s not bad enough already. Programmers, designers… there is a difference between “frustrating” and “challenging”.

2. PvP being a part of EVERYTHING.

Yes, they call it “WvW” or whatever, but it’s still “having to deal with some other payer trying to kill you while you play the game” and it’s a pain in the butt. Why can’t I get my map completion without having to figure out how to get into a fortress on a WvW map controlled by some other server (which is impossible, btw) and explore it? Is there some trick I can use to sneak in and pretend to be on their side? …That would actually be cool if you could infiltrate or something without starting a fight, just to get the points. Nothing like that has come out though. Let me have some things and some achievement without my having to fight some other player for it. I explored the entire world map by myself basically, and I can’t get the achievement for it because I don’t want to PvP.

3. Seems to be leaning more and more towards “power gamers”.

By power gamers I mean people of exceptional skill, or people with high end gaming systems who can handle situations without any difficulty. I’m not for making the entire game easier… it’s actually very easy for the most part. But it scales up to a point where only a very few people even have a chance of completing an event or something. For example, there is an achievement for finding all of the Aetherblade caches. …Why is one of them at the very end of Goemm’s Lab, and extremely hard jumping puzzle? The only way someone can complete that achievement now is to complete Goemm’s Lab, basically, which for me, is impossible. Other links to events involve PvP, which I just mentioned seems designed to annoy people who don’t like PvP.

Posted by: DracosBlackwing.3174

DracosBlackwing.3174

How is talking about the things we want to see changed “crying”?

If you agree with the person in front of you, who said, “people” is the number one problem in this game, that means you don’t like people. Why would you buy a game involving people to play if you don’t like people?

The idea of this particular thread is to talk about the things you don’t like about the game itself. If you don’t like that this game involves people, then I can only guess you’re playing the wrong game. You should try something that’s less online and played by only you. I’m sure you’d be much happier.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

1. Camera and targeting – lack of built in mouselook/crosshair toggle.

2. PvP game modes – all basically conquest mode – need some team free for all, or attack/defend team objectives – say blue defends one round and red attacks.

3. Transmutation and lack of “wardrobe” system – this is really clunky.

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

2. PvP being a part of EVERYTHING.

Totally agree with this. I wish WvW would be separated from PvE as much as sPvP is. It definitely should not be as heavily tied into PvE achievements as it is.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

1. Staying up way too late.
2. Drinking Red Bull at coffee breaks instead of coffee.
3. Wife aggro

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

1)Almost nothing to do while playing with friends, wich is the biggest failure you can make as an mmo.
2)Non-permanent non-content
3)RNG (gemstore RNG should be criminal)

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: Grizm.4560

Grizm.4560

1. Contested waypoints outside of WvW. It wouldn’t be that bad if we could secure them for hours at a time but as it is right now five minutes after we do the event to uncontest them they’re contested again. More of an annoyance than anything. You call out in map chat with a link to the nearest waypoint for an event that people are already reluctant to help on and that nearest waypoint is contested. A bit on the counter-productive side.

2. Veterans out in the open world that call in reinforcements. Especially those near skill points and vistas. Saw someone just today raging about a Veteran Acolyte in Cursed Shore. That isn’t the kind of encounter where people laugh about it while running back from the nearest waypoint, that’s a “think I’ll log out for a bit and watch tv or something” kind of encounter.

3. Can’t really think of a third thing that has to do with the game itself. I guess I’d love to see some randomness added to the maps in WvW but that’s far easier said than done.

Tarnished Coast
My characters think I’m crazy.

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Charr Tail Clipping

Charr Armor Texture Stretching.

Charr Armor Cultural Issues (Folding in places it should not, stretching in places it should not).

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

1. For dungeons, if you’re sacrificing damage for support / control capabilities, you’re doing it wrong. Control abilities are never required.
2. Tooltips / stat indicators are frequently wrong, (The Attack statistic, Power + Weapon damage? Not actually relevant to how damage is calculated) and if they’re not wrong, they’re vague and non-descriptive. I need details!
3. Meta-events that are on (now predictable) timers. These event chains are usually pretty short too, rather than something the map would work together to build up to.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

1. Not having enough time to play. It is casual friendly, but I wish I could play more.

2. The camera auto-zoom is totally unnecessary, making some aspects of the game artificially harder than they should be. At least, it should be adjustable so people who want the zooming can retain it, while those who disable it can play without such “feature.”

3. Some very few drops are truly non-casual friendly (T6 lodestones, precursors, etc.) While I do not think they should be “easy to find”, the loot tables are too strict with these for people to be able to find what they need just by playing the game-I don’t think they could be normally obtained even in years, from what has been my experience (other than buying them outright with gold.) Is it possible to get (for instance) 250 Charged Lodestones by playing casually and buying NONE from the TP? Yes for the normal T6 mats, but I don’t think so for many of these Lodestones (I can’t see it being possible even playing casually for 4 years, UNLESS you play CoE quite a bit.)

(While I don’t like many of the current game bugs, as well as some dynamic events being unbalanced or “weird feeling”, I didn’t mention these because I think these are problems that will be hopefully fixed as the game keeps evolving.)

(edited by Star Ace.5207)

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

1. GW2 focus on grinding. That’s what I loved about GW1, it I felt like I was playing a game not grinding to get to the max level in order to get to the game just to sadly find out there wasn’t a game or anything to meet me there.

2. Seemingly no desire to build onto the profession. New weapons and skills (sets). At the least add new utility skills!

3. Coming off as having no plans and/or desire to add large content updates. The constant flow of temporary content is nice but personally it seems like a huge waste of money and time on their part having the team make new content just to remove it from the game after so long and never plan on bringing it back. They say the Super Adventure Box will be back in future months but Christ knows when that will be. That should have been permanent to begin with!

At this rate I don’t see how Anet is planing on bringing the other Dragons into the game anytime soon or have content way down the line that will take us back to Elona or Cantha (if the Koreans and Chinese stop freaking out if their cultural styles get mixed.)

I would rather wait say a year for a large content update then have temp content come out non stop.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

Rangers been garbage or broken and even more with every patch. Its just hurts to log in to my ranger but i still do.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Eh, guess I’ll bite. Just 3?

1. The excessive amount of RNG. I don’t mean RNG in general. All games have RNG. I’m talking about how it is excessive in GW2. It goes over the top. And don’t even get me started on cash shop RNG. That is just wrong in so many ways.

2. Unrewarding. Let’s face it. GW2 is not rewarding. You barely get anything good for all the effort you do for anything. You work hard to kill a world boss and you are rewarded with a couple blues or junk. You do a dungeon and you are rewarded with junk. You are rewarded nothing for the effort you put into this game.

3. Diminishing Returns. So not only are you stuck dealing with excessive RNG, and horrible rewards, you also get slapped with DR, which makes you get nothing at all. Who’s brilliant idea was this? So if you are farming (and believe me, you have to farm to get anything in this game), you get punished for it. But seeing as everything requires grinding/farming to get, this makes absolutely no sense to have.

All three of these combined are all punishing the players for playing the game. The excessive amount of RNG, plus the unrewarding drops for all the work you put into the game, and then the DR that hits you if you farm/grind, is all unnecessary. And then they throw everything behind grinding/farming/gambling and then punish you for doing it. It’s a giant contradiction that makes me not even bother playing this game.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

No Nicholas the Traveller
No Xunlai Chest
No Player to Player trading

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

1. Arenanet forgot how to make new DEs for the game world. Two months left for Colin to meet his stated goal of 2x to 3x the number of DEs in the world by the end of year 1, or 800 a month over the next two months. Probably won’t get 1% of that.

2. RNG gem store boxes. Obnoxiously long odds, little consolation, ripping off big spenders, rather than offering actual value. Entire Gem Store has been a waste of potential. Expected dozens of skins for direct sale by now…

3. Arenanet can not properly develop the professions in the game. Variety of builds and the fun quotient for each profession have diminished, rather than grown over the last 10 months.

Summed up as one problem: Arenanet 2013 can’t hold a candle to 2007-2012 Arenanet and much potential for this game has been squandered as a result. Loss of key people? Inability to adapt to restructuring? I don’t know, but the productivity gap is massive and concerning.

(edited by Fiontar.4695)

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

1. Living Story – not much life there, even less story.
2. The Great Collapse – something collapsed, all right.
3. ArenaNet – somewhere along the way, something broke.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

1. Drop rates are too low (takes hours to get anything worth selling and months to get anything worth using).
2. RNG chests instead of direct purchases.
3. Lack of variety in gear (by this I mean there isn’t a variety of gear stats like other RPGs).

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

Thought of 3 more…. OK 4

1. Underwater combat – underwater combat comes off as something that’s unfinished. My guess is underwater combat was apart of Anets big Manifesto plans to bring a new element into a online mmo thats never been done and use it to add a new layer of depth to the games PvE. That is before they bored and walk away from their Manifesto, turning the game into grind for gear, only really caring about PvP/WvW and leaving underwater combat basically completely pointless.

2. Enemy draw distance is extremely short – it is extremely f****** frustrating when I’m backing away from an enemy (more so a boss) while fighting just for it seeming to get bored and turn around and walk back to where it was. No matter how much you attack it, it won’t care about you until it’s back in its area. While it’s walking away my next big complaint is happening.

3. Enemies health regenerates a 1000x faster then it should – When I’m fighting a boss and have been slowly working away at it for a few minutes, I want to snap my keyboard in half when it gets bored and walks away and all my work at taking it down disappears within 3 secs! Seriously all the enemies ingame seem to regenerate 1000 points of health a second when it’s walking away. Again don’t bother attacking it because it won’t care about you until it gets back to it’s spot.

4. Re-spawning enemies – this feature is the number 1 feature in basically all online mmos that have turned me off to them and the lack of this feature in Guild Wars 1 is what I loved about it. I loved the private maps, I loved how when I killed something it stays dead! Re-spawning for me gives no since of accomplishment.

Wow I just took out an entire camp of centaurs plus a boss, just to turn around and see all the centaurs have already re-spawned. I understand to make a game where you run into other players ingame it basically has to be set up like this but add in how enemy re-spawn time in Guild Wars 2 is extremely short doesn’t help it. I lost count how many times I took the time to clear out the enemies around a boss in order to fight it 1 on 1 just to be killed in seconds when the enemies I took out before hand re-spawned and joined in.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Posted by: Phyxrgon.7305

Phyxrgon.7305

1. Too much DR.
2. RNG Gemstore Boxes. Anet, do not go this route. No, just… no!
3. Lack of playable Tengu. /weep…
3. BUGS.

Honorable Mentions in a Spoiler:

• Aesthetic armors(no uninteresting/wayyytoogaudy extensions, etc— good example of nice armor: Crafted rare medium Noble’s Armor, it’s gorgeous).
  • Dungeons.
  • More hairstyles/horns/ears/whathaveyou.
  • Class balancing… don’t get me started with this.
  • Grind. Endless, mindless, thoughtless grind!
Jade Quarrior – [HzH] [SF]

Tengu. Make it happen.