What area on map do you want opened up?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

For a future expansion, what area do you hope is opened?

For me it is crystal desert. I love desert regions in video games for some reason and currently there are none in gw2. Since it seems like the branded corruption seems to stem from the crystal desert, I can easily see an expansion.

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

Posted by: CameronJames.4897

CameronJames.4897

Magumma Falls!

There’s a second pale tree there!!

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Crystal Desert or Ring of Fire.
I miss hydras.

Posted by: THE DOCTOR.3510

THE DOCTOR.3510

Crystal Desert or Isles of Janthir

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Maguuma Falls as my first choice, I too wanna see the sister Pale Tree, but if not that, then definitely more of the charr lands. I can wait for the desert, I liked it a lot in GW1 but I wanna see more of the other places first.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

As a matter of fact i totally agree on wanting Maguuma Falls to be open to us.
Just, i do hope it won’t be as crowded as in the first Guild Wars 1!
The amount of monsters around that area was just annoying! =D
But all in all, it could be an amazing area to explore.

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

Gimme gimme the Crystal Desert. I loved that place. And then the Maguuma Wastes.

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

Crystal Desert or Ring of Fire.
I miss hydras.

Same here. I think Crystal Desert was the only desert zone I really liked. I hated Istan, Kourna and Vabbi.

Any “Mango Hydra” were the best hydras.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Wouldn’t be the same unless they had meteor shower.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

I think the expansion zone will most likely be the Far Shiverpeaks. This Flame and Frost has to be building up to something in that general area.

Nhalx.9735

I think the expansion zone will most likely be the Far Shiverpeaks. This Flame and Frost has to be building up to something in that general area.

Yes, as a matter of fact it is indicating that the whole content build up is mostly for the northern regions.

Posted by: Nijjion.2069

Nijjion.2069

I miss hydras.

Ahh the nostalgia getting 1 shot from Meteor :p

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Anything with Mursaat.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Nhalx.9735

I miss hydras.

Ahh the nostalgia getting 1 shot from Meteor :p

Hahahahaha…..
My elementalist in Guild wars 1 seriously had the biggest hate for hydras…
On hardmode they completely shut me down…

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Crystal Desert, which an updated or remixed version of the original song that accompanied the zone.

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

From what I see, in just about every direction is some sort of barren wasteland. I don’t care for excessive amounts of wasteland (Ascalon’s enough for me already) but if I had to choose, it would probably be the Crystal Desert.

Mostly I just like having a map that feels complete, so anything that rounds out or fills in empty spaces between or around zones is pretty sweet in my book.

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

From what I see, in just about every direction is some sort of barren wasteland. I don’t care for excessive amounts of wasteland (Ascalon’s enough for me already) but if I had to choose, it would probably be the Crystal Desert.

Mostly I just like having a map that feels complete, so anything that rounds out or fills in empty spaces between or around zones is pretty sweet in my book.

The Crystal Desert at the Current Time doesn’t seem to be a barren wasteland at all, and I does sound like an interesting to go to.

From wiki
“The Crystal Desert has changed drastically in the 250 years since the heroes saw these lands. After the Ascension of Kormir, Palawa Joko took his time rebuilding his forces and developing a new plan for conquering Elona. Rather than taking each province by force, he diverted the river Elon from Vabbi. The ensuing drought forced the Princes into submission and drastically weakened Kourna. This also had the unforeseen consequence of transforming the Crystal Desert into a lush, verdant region.”

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

The Crystal Desert at the Current Time doesn’t seem to be a barren wasteland at all, and I does sound like an interesting to go to.

From wiki
“The Crystal Desert has changed drastically in the 250 years since the heroes saw these lands. After the Ascension of Kormir, Palawa Joko took his time rebuilding his forces and developing a new plan for conquering Elona. Rather than taking each province by force, he diverted the river Elon from Vabbi. The ensuing drought forced the Princes into submission and drastically weakened Kourna. This also had the unforeseen consequence of transforming the Crystal Desert into a lush, verdant region.”

Oh, okay. So yeah, I have no problem with that.

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

None. Til the fix the bugs that have been in the game since launch.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Magumma Falls!

There’s a second pale tree there!!

Yea, would love to see some high level areas out west. Once you hit level 30 or so there is not much reason to travel west of Lion’s Arch at present.

Posted by: Beast.9516

Beast.9516

The Far Shiverpeaks! Let’s take back the North from Jormag and return the Norn to our… err. their rightful place.

Beast [Beastess Isdottir][Meilikki Isdottir][Kaunista Illusio][Savant Bixxie]
Aspiring Brotherhood [PACT]
Fort Aspenwood