What changed since release

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Velvet.4678

Velvet.4678

Hello,

I am considering playing this game once again. I played for a bit at the release and generally found a lack of things to do after leveling to max cap. I did not enjoy the dungeons and the lack of gear or other progression in pvp also led me to boredom.

Can someone list off some things that the game has since expanded on and possibly identify reasons why I may have a positive experience coming back?

Note: none of the above is meant to troll the game or hurt anyone’s feelings who enjoys this game.

Thanks!

Posted by: Alteraphim.4629

Alteraphim.4629

PVP has a more streamlined horizontal progression. As usual there are men and women on both sides as to whether it was a good move (I tend to enjoy it, although I enjoyed the old system just as much). They have added a few new world boss fights that represent a higher difficulty than the usually world boss fare. Dungeons are I think the same or worse off with the stacking mechanics. The wardrobe system is awesome but some tuning might help reception (in regards to transmutation charge cost and the expense for alts to “have their own look”). The trait system has been refined and simplified. The traits now have to be unlocked through completion of certain map events (which I think has been met with mostly negative reception). The living story will bring more permanent additions to the game, and the option to see some of the past chapters (episodes, whatever) is coming with it. Fractals are….charming. As long as you set goals for yourself I believe you will have a positive experience. Since you already own it you might as well swing by and see the new stuff

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Too much to type out on a forum thread

You can find all the patch notes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

I would wait until 7/1/14. So just a few weeks and a lot should be going on. We are all (well a lot of us anyway) are expecting some new maps and the Living Story Season 2 to kick off. Guild Missions are also a lot of fun. I’m also a big fan of the world boss runs. The loot is pretty good and you can meet of neat part of the players doing it.

http://gw2timer.com/

Their is also a new PvP track that is kind of neat. Their is also the combination of PvP and PvE gear in the wardrobe.

http://dulfy.net/2014/03/28/gw2-pvp-rewards-revamp-and-reward-tracks/

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Fractals – A dungeon that scales in difficulty. IMHO, these dungeons are also better than the dungeons that were there at release. Also comes with a sort of vertical progression in the form of a stat called Agony Resistance.

Guild Missions – Guilds can start off guild content in the open world ranging from bounty hunts to puzzles and races.

PvP Reward Tracks – Can read more about it here. Haven’t done to much PvP myself, so that could give you more info.

WvW Ranks – WvW also has abilities now that you can level up, ranging from adding abilities to siege weapons to dealing more damage to guards and such. Can read more about it here.

Come S2 of the LS as well, the story content will be permanent , as well as giving some achievements that have been described as ‘challenging’.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.