What class is your main?

What class is your main?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Mesmer since the betas.
I adore her, she is great fun and I played her exclusively for about 5 months.

Then I rolled an Engineer and she was a blast literally
She is 80 too and I play her a lot so I guess I might have two mains now.

My ranger is only at lvl 40 but she is so much fun that she will be a strong contender.

Gunnar’s Hold

What class is your main?

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

My main for many months was a power/crit Ranger – 1200+ hrs on her, however, not anymore. The quickness nerf in the last update was the last straw that killed the build. I re-specc’ed into a dual-bow cat master, more of a fun build for doing easy content like dailies and some dragon/world events.

Fortunately, I leveled a guardian back in January, and now consider this my main, This is my dungeon runner and does all the heavy lifting in Orr.

I created a Mesmer a few weeks ago, and cannot seem to get into this class yet. Terrible during early levels so speed-leveled 4 crafts to get past the awkward stages, now at lvl 56. Will try again, but much prefer my guardian than this.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

(edited by bri.2359)

What class is your main?

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Guardian now.
Was originally mesmer. After beta i went mes as guardian lacked range, but with how wvwvw works, thats not really an issue anymore, so went back to guardian.

I have characters of most professions, only missing ranger, at various stages of levelling. Engineer is nice, but does not feel as effective as my guardian or mes, but maybe thats jut me needing to adapt to it.

What class is your main?

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Ele,

I had an 80 warrior (deleted too boring)
I had an 80 Ranger (deleted too pet orientated for my liking)

I have a thief in the mix ready for roll out, just levelling my ele atm and loving her.

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

What class is your main?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

my main is ranger, ele, guard and mesmer. My off main is thief and necro. I have not tried warrior or engi so I don’t know if they would be my main or off-main.

What class is your main?

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Ranger is my favorite profession.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

What class is your main?

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

First it was my Ranger that I rolled at pre-launch. Then I rolled a couple alts (Necro, Guardian) with main potential. Then in my altoholicness, I rolled an Engineer, fell in love and the rest is history.

Engineer for life!

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

What class is your main?

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

What i can say is that the class i wanted to be my main is not my main, Elementalist.

I have created 5 chars (still leveling all 5); Ranger, Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer and a Warrior.
Sofar for me Ele is worst to play.
Warrior and Ranger seem easier to play.
Somewhat odd for caster classes Mesmer and Necro i am using a melee build for both atm (D/D for Necro and Sword/Pistol for Mesmer).

I am gonna consider my Ranger my main atm.
Was the first char i created an i really like the Ranger class (for the concept, not if it plays good or bad).

What class is your main?

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Ele. Mostly just go with staff. D/D is fun too but I prefer kiting and the spells you get with staff are better rounded and more varied and work well for me. Ele fits me like a glove though. It’s probably the most fun I’ve ever had with a mage class in a game. And also enjoy combo fields a lot. xD

I haven’t gotten too far with alts. Have a Necro in her 40s, and a Guardian in her 30s. Both aren’t bad but I prefer just to play my Ele for some reason. :x I’ve never been one for an attention span very long for alts. I level them in short bursts, usually when friends start/want to play alts/leveling crafting.

What class is your main?

Posted by: Gbok.1039

Gbok.1039

Ranger was my first as well as my main. I have a 80 Necro, 80 Theif as well as other classes at various level ranges but I seem to enjoy my Ranger the most.

Fort AspenwoodSoul Exodus[Soul] Finxx – 80 Ranger

What class is your main?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Necromancer / Warrior are my two mains.

I also have a Ranger, an Elementalist, a Guardian, an Engineer, a Thief, a Mesmer… Okay I have all of the classes, but the above two are my mains.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

What class is your main?

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Mesmer!

sigh •Message Body length must at least be 15.

Yay I posted now…

What class is your main?

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

What’s a main?

This.

I find this notion of having a “main” completely ridiculous. All the classes I play are completely situational for me. All of them are completely geared up (3 exotics sets each) and leveled up so that might be why I think having a “main” is ridiculous, I can just hop in into whatever I feel like when I feel like and have the same amount of fun.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

What class is your main?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I find this notion of having a “main” completely ridiculous. All the classes I play are completely situational for me. All of them are completely geared up (3 exotics sets each) and leveled up so that might be why I think having a “main” is ridiculous, I can just hop in into whatever I feel like when I feel like and have the same amount of fun.

That’s the thing, though. You have the same amount of fun, as you said, with all of the classes. I don’t, and that is why I have main(s). This is true of other people as well, clearly indicated by this thread, so please don’t call the notion “ridiculous”.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

What class is your main?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

All and none. I play with my 8 profession team. One day I play one character more another another. All but the 50-something thief are done levelling.

What class is your main?

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Ranger.
I tried to change my Mesmer into my main, but I couldn’t stop playing on the Ranger.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

What class is your main?

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

What’s a main?

This.

Try gearing multiple characters with ascended and legendaries. Whichever you play the most will equal your main, you can have a main and still run alts. It’s not ridiculous, in fact it’s required in this game to have a main if you want it fully decked out.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

What class is your main?

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Elementalist / Engineer both have about the same gear and I have lots of fun on both, can’t decide :p

mostly play ele because my outfit is not yet complete though.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

What class is your main?

Posted by: Sericenthe.5310

Sericenthe.5310

Started out with an Ele. Ele still has the most map completion.

Switched to a Thief for WvWvW, which was my favorite thing to play in the game. Still is.

Switched to a Necro. Necro is now my main. Play my necro for all WvWvW and now I just started sPVP and am playing Necro there.

I also have a level 80 Engineer I play for fun.

I have 8 characters, 1 of each profession.

I find the game needs a main because there is no way I would have enough time to get Ascended Gear for 8, and WvWvW levels for 8. Unpossible. So, Necro’s my main and the rest I play for fun.

Seri Kali [Me] – 80 Necromancer -Yak’s Bend

What class is your main?

Posted by: chenolyn.1204

chenolyn.1204

My main is a mesmer, although I also have a guardian.

I’m slowly working on leveling my elementalist

What class is your main?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

the first character that I leveled, the one that got to use my username in her name and the only one in full tier 3 would be my asura elementalist. I absolutely love her!
However I also have an asura guardian that I bothered getting full CoE armor for and I use her for more things than what I use my elementalist for, so you could say I have 2 mains
Though I have full 8 characters, 5 of which are level 80, I just enjoy those two more than others.

What class is your main?

Posted by: Zeidrich.8435

Zeidrich.8435

Ranger. First class to level to 80. Preferred WvW class. Guardian as secondary for dungeons. Warrior, Ele, and Mesmer were somewhat fun.

“This above all: to thine own self be true.”
-William Shakespeare

What class is your main?

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

Guardian for me.

I’ve decided on the Ranger as my “main alt” , don’t think i’ll be going back to the Elementalist much, the massive attunement switching makes me look at my skill bar and CD timers wayyyyy to often for my liking.

What class is your main?

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

*Mesmer… *

I’ve been a mesmer since Beta, I played a Psionic in Allods, Illusionist in Oblivion and Skyrim, and a mesmer in GW1. You can definitely say without a doubt “mind-screwing” is my bag.

Which is why I’m a little sad that in GW2 everyone hates on mesmer for “being OP” and insinuates the only people who play the class do so because they want a slice of power and faceroll easy-mode

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)